Need relief for PMR: Help!

Dreamer1963

420 Member
Anybody out there can give advice on what a rookie in the world of smoke should do to relieve the muscle and joint pain of PMR? I know nothing. I only know I am tired of taking prednisone. I need serious help in ->marijuana for dummies terms. Appreciate it. Do I smoke, vape, or do edibles? Which and what? Yep! No experience here except for a bit in my WAY younger years. Thank you

Hi and welcome to the community.

I would say have some fun researching and trying different strains to find one that works for you.

Something in a strong indica may help with muscle pain and like above try some high cbd oil.

Smoking will give you faster effects and some people cannot take edibles. So it is trial and error.

@SweetSue may be able to help a bit more specifically

Anybody out there can give advice on what a rookie in the world of smoke should do to relieve the muscle and joint pain of PMR? I know nothing. I only know I am tired of taking prednisone. I need serious help in ->marijuana for dummies terms. Appreciate it. Do I smoke, vape, or do edibles? Which and what? Yep! No experience here except for a bit in my WAY younger years. Thank you

First, :welcome: .

You've already got a few bits of great of advice: trial and error, and wait for sweet sue!

Otherwise, my add would be to say that I don't feel vaping works for muscle pain. In my own case, I can say that vaping only gets me head high, no body effect at all. Conversely, edibles do barely anything to my head, but do a great job on the body. I've been reading a ton about the blood/brain barrier and how the different forms of ingestion effect it, but haven't formed an opinion, other than for me edibles help with my muscle pain.

If edibles do work, get the low does ones, and then work your way up. Example. I take 2x 56mg THC edibles when body pain is bad. I've been trying a 32mg 1:1 (THC/CBD) that has been working well. On the other hand, my honey bunny just recently decided to try cannabis after a lifetime of abstaining and watching me consume constanly…. She likes the 5mg 1:1, sometimes she'll drop a second one after an hour if she isn't feeling it.

Also, sometimes I like getting the 5mg mini gummies specifically to dial it in, and have a few treats at the same time. Dropping one big ass edible is as fun some times, compared to having a few treats while getting your meds.

GO SLOW! SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

Note on nerve pain... I don't think anything helps with nerve pain. Which really sucks.

Anyway, again welcome. And hope you find a remedy to help you manage your pain.

Hello Dreamer. :hug: You gotta love the way they gather the wagons on this site. :circle-of-love:

I went looking and found little from actual patients to back up the claims that CBD works for this level of pain without the addition of THC. This pretty much mirrors what we’ve experienced around this virtual neighborhood.

I brought back one compelling testimonial that suggests a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD may be the wisest choice, which is exactly the ratio found to be most effective in managing chronic pain. She used a tincture. I can see how capsules would bring as effective a level of relief, with different euphoric concerns.

Tinctures (used sublingually) are straight to the brain. Capsules made with olive oil as a carrier would go to the lymphatic system, where the immune system is working on inflammation.

Might be why CBD is showing itself to be more effective through the gut. :hmmmm:

If it were me I’d find or make an infused oil in a 1:1 ratio and begin to find a minimum dose that would control the pain without euphoria, if euphoria is a concern. Most of the folks ‘round these parts don’t mind a little mind-altering and enhancement. :battingeyelashes:

That means, as zeroday so wonderfully pointed out with particulars and all - :hug: - you start sub-therapeutically. With a distant-past history of cannabis use I’d suggest starting as low as 2.5 mg of each per dose.

Finding the minimum effective dose is like a game you play with your Endocannabinoid system. :cheesygrinsmiley: Start with one dose in the evening, about an hour from bed. After a couple days add in another dose in the morning. After a week you add another dose at noon or mid-afternoon.

From there you can increase the cannabinoid load in the doses to meet social obligations. More THC before bed helps a body get restorative sleep, so maybe bump those counts up first and see how that goes.

If you get too high you simply back off one step and wait about 3 days to a week before trying to tweak the dose any higher.

You keep playing with it until you find the relief you seek, then you hold to that dose until you have a good reason to change it up or down.

Alternatively, you can start with the bedtime dose and not add in any other times until you find the level that gets you a good night’s sleep, and then start adding in daytime doses. Sleep cleanses the brain of toxins. There’s no better start to a regimen, IMHO, than sleep. :battingeyelashes:

We can help you find a regimen that works for you Dreamer. You have only to ask.

What do you have available to work with?

A good cannabis oil used as a topical has brought more relief to more desperate souls than I can believe, except I’ve seen it with my own eyes. We can help you find your way to that relief as well. Topicals are like the icing on a delicious regimen. :love:

Hello Dreamer. :hug: You gotta love the way they gather the wagons on this site. :circle-of-love:

I went looking and found little from actual patients to back up the claims that CBD works for this level of pain without the addition of THC. This pretty much mirrors what we’ve experienced around this virtual neighborhood.

I brought back one compelling testimonial that suggests a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD may be the wisest choice, which is exactly the ratio found to be most effective in managing chronic pain. She used a tincture. I can see how capsules would bring as effective a level of relief, with different euphoric concerns.

Tinctures (used sublingually) are straight to the brain. Capsules made with olive oil as a carrier would go to the lymphatic system, where the immune system is working on inflammation.

Might be why CBD is showing itself to be more effective through the gut. :hmmmm:

If it were me I’d find or make an infused oil in a 1:1 ratio and begin to find a minimum dose that would control the pain without euphoria, if euphoria is a concern. Most of the folks ‘round these parts don’t mind a little mind-altering and enhancement. :battingeyelashes:

That means, as zeroday so wonderfully pointed out with particulars and all - :hug: - you start sub-therapeutically. With a distant-past history of cannabis use I’d suggest starting as low as 2.5 mg of each per dose.

Finding the minimum effective dose is like a game you play with your Endocannabinoid system. :cheesygrinsmiley: Start with one dose in the evening, about an hour from bed. After a couple days add in another dose in the morning. After a week you add another dose at noon or mid-afternoon.

From there you can increase the cannabinoid load in the doses to meet social obligations. More THC before bed helps a body get restorative sleep, so maybe bump those counts up first and see how that goes.

If you get too high you simply back off one step and wait about 3 days to a week before trying to tweak the dose any higher.

You keep playing with it until you find the relief you seek, then you hold to that dose until you have a good reason to change it up or down.

Alternatively, you can start with the bedtime dose and not add in any other times until you find the level that gets you a good night’s sleep, and then start adding in daytime doses. Sleep cleanses the brain of toxins. There’s no better start to a regimen, IMHO, than sleep. :battingeyelashes:

We can help you find a regimen that works for you Dreamer. You have only to ask.

What do you have available to work with?

A good cannabis oil used as a topical has brought more relief to more desperate souls than I can believe, except I’ve seen it with my own eyes. We can help you find your way to that relief as well. Topicals are like the icing on a delicious regimen. :love:
Thank you, SweetSue. You are so right. Feeling the love right now.

Back
Top Bottom