Need some help & advice

djwintz

Can anybody tell me whats going on here please. First time grower and i have 4 plants growing in soil under 600 watt HPS light in a 5x5 tent. Light is at 3ft above and temp is 25c, RH is 40%. Is this stress? I did some topping about a week ago. Nutes are Flora Nova Grow 4-7-10, other 3 plants are doing fine just this one is curling and had bumps on some leafs.
20160111_213338.jpg
:420:
20160111_213349.jpg

After doing a bunch of Internet researching I found out it is Eagle Claw. Broke ground Dec 19th, I gave them a feeding about 4 days before this happened. I flushed the plants with water at 5.5ph. I will cut back the nutes to 1/4 strength and hopefully this will take care of it.

Definitly think your correct on the leaf claw. Also seeing some possible bug bites too.

No bugs, I think the tiny holes you see are from the Nitrogen lumps that burnt through. Gave them a good flush last night, just water with proper PH and see how it does over the next few days. This growing stuff sure has a guy reading a lot more, lol. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey guys I'm back and the plants are doing awesome. Question I have now is. The plants broke ground on Dec 19th so they are in the 5th week of veg and are about 1ft tall, due to limited space can I now turn the lights down to 12/12 for flowering or is it still to early? I guess my real ? is, how soon can you start your plants on the flowering stage? And once into flowering stage do I keep the temp and humidity the same as in veg? Temp and humidity is at 25c and 50% now. Thanks in advance.

New_Folder_012.JPG
Am going to build a SOG tomorrow. Plants are on their 5th week of Veg from seed. I'm thinking of lowering the net to about 6" above the plants and letting them grow up and into it and adjust as they grow. What do you guys think? To early or what, as I am limited to height space. From what I have been reading, this Indica strain, Kings Kush, should double when I switch over to Flowering. Hoping this should all work out, but would like input from you guys that grow and know what your doing. Can I switch over to Flowering, the tallest plant is at 14". Thanks in advance.

When you flip it's totally up to you. I've grown seeds and freshly rooted clones in 12/12 right away. Obvious the yields are small but GPW is very good. I used to run 72 2L bottles per 4x4.

Right now I flower 9 5gal plants in my 4x4 at a time. I have a 7ft ceiling so I veg them until they are 2ft tall. Even if they double in size that's a 4ft plant so it still gives me almost 2ft of clearance below my 600 watt hps. Keep in mind if they get too tall especially with a SCROG you can easily bend or super crop them up until day 20.

Great topping. You may want to consider tieing a string to each of those three tops and pulling them apart further. Nothing too drastic just enough to open her up a bit more. I normally clip or pin the string on the side of the pot.

As far as the net height you can always lower it if the plants don't stretch as much as you like but it's difficult to higher it if you put it too low and weave them in.

Plants looks great!

Thank you for the advice. I think I will wait a bit longer then and let them get bigger as you said. I will string them for the next week or two and see what happens. Thanks again.

20160125_203554.jpg
Opinions please. Well I made my Scrog today and just finished installing it. There is still about 8" of growing to do before they all hit the net. I had one plant a little taller then the rest so I put the net down to that height and wait for the rest to catch up. I did do the last topping to them all yesterday as well and tied them all down. May not be perfect but should work and get something out of it when all said and done. Not really worried about yield as much as learning how to grow. So when the net is near full then I should switch to 12/12? When these ones are harvested I have 5 Purple Kush to do and hopefully will carry what I learnt into the next grow. This is fun to do and I'm having a blast. Just about forgot to mention, my cool tube showed up this morning also, so I switched out the reflectors so I can probably get a bit more height out of them as the light can be closer to the plants without cooking them as I'm kind of limited to how high I can grow.

20160120_031310.jpg
Last one. They sure don't take long to come back. Woke up the next morning and everything was great. Was scared at first as they sure looked like shit when I did them. But hey, ya got to try and learn as you go. All the girls are doing awesome now.

Back
Top Bottom