• male

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • female

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • not ready yet

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
WP_20150525_002.jpg

This is the other one that is growing slower, I don't think its ready to determine the sex yet

Both still look pre-adolescent to me. Without a closeup of the nodes on the plant on the left, I can't tell if it went male on you. I don't see the open calyx (four-pointed-star) you mentioned earlier.

As they mature, there will be even more difference in height between males and females, because the males stretch, and drop their pollen on top of the females, which may or may not have flowers at that time.

If you have the room, separate any fast growers from the others and watch for pollen sacs. Sometimes these fast growers will sprout vigorous branches with alternating nodes, rather than symmetrical nodes and start looking a lot different than the females. (tall and lanky vs. short and bushy) That is what my male indicas did even before they sprouted "balls".

You DON'T want seedy buds at harvest, unless you plan to continue grow from your own seed, and don't mind spending hours picking seed from your buds.

Disclaimer: I am going by my limited experience with Purple Mazar, and yours may look different as they mature.

BTW, if you need to control how tall these get later, you might want to pinch out the top buds now. It will make them branch out, the females will develop more buds and you'll get a higher yield. You can do a search for LST or Mainlining, which will give you two very good tutorials on training the growth and increasing the size of your future buds.

Back
Top Bottom