New and looking to learn

LBxx

Hello all!

I'm new and just getting started. Since growing is legal here now (in Canada), I have 4 cups with Blueberry Kush on hold that I will be picking up in the next day or so- just as soon as I have what I need to get started. I plan on using soil and 5 gallon buckets (with holes drilled), outside.

There is so much information out there and it seems overwhelming right now!

Any beginner tips would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi @LBxx and welcome to 420
I would highly suggust to read on few journals or youtube and get familure with the deffeciencies of plants.

Make sure to use the paper towel method to germinate the seeds and after couple days when the root has developed you could throw it in soil.

For soil you want to get ProMix Hp which is available in canada. Home Depot, canaidan tire carries them. .
This is mixed with perlites and mycoriza which will help your plants root system.
For fertilzers Im going all orgranic and i've got MegaCrop 9-6-17 on order along with few other orgranic nutrians.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

And PK1 Thanks for the info :) I actually picked up some promix HP from Home Depot! It's reassuring that I'm on the right track.

I just picked up my babies, I ended up with two BBK and 2 strains of Future.

Attachments

• 20200520_180141.jpg
    20200520_180141.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 80
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

And PK1 Thanks for the info :) I actually picked up some promix HP from Home Depot! It's reassuring that I'm on the right track.

I just picked up my babies, I ended up with two BBK and 2 strains of Future.
Thats awesome. they look good from a picture.
keep us posted and if you want you could create a journal

Welcome Aboard the 420 Train !!! Toot, Toot. Next Stop .... The Journal.
OK, so now you want to add your Signature to your posts so everyone can find your journal easy.
Go to your journal & copy the link at the top of the page.
Then go to the 420 Mag Home Page & click on your name at the top.
You'll see Signatures. Click on that. You'll see a box on the right. Paste the link in there.
Click add signature. You're done.
After you do this your journal link will be in green under every post you do & people can click on it to go straight to your journal.

Looks like those clones are ready for up-potting, topping & LST. I can't give you tips on outside grows as I've never done it. Strictly indoors for me. I have no control over temps, humidity or pests outdoors so I stay inside to make things easier on myself. Just my preference.

Looks like those clones are ready for up-potting, topping & LST. I can't give you tips on outside grows as I've never done it. Strictly indoors for me. I have no control over temps, humidity or pests outdoors so I stay inside to make things easier on myself. Just my preference.

Added the link to my signature, easy peasy! Thank you for the tip!

I transferred them yesterday and added a photo with some details to the journal :)

What will you mix with the ProMix HP?

The growing media has no natural soil in it and no real nutrients that I know of. It is a high porosity peat-based growing medium.

Once you get the soil for the containers figured out the outdoor growing can be a lot of fun. Figuring out the soil is part of the fun.

What will you mix with the ProMix HP?

The growing media has no natural soil in it and no real nutrients that I know of. It is a high porosity peat-based growing medium.

Once you get the soil for the containers figured out the outdoor growing can be a lot of fun. Figuring out the soil is part of the fun.

I'm keeping it simple right now, so I used promix organic soil :) I've been reading about a lot of people making their own soil, but having never grown before, I didn't want to get too technical/over my head.

Back
Top Bottom