New gardener needs advice, couple of queries

abnormal tips along with brown or yellow spotting on new leaves..... I could be wrong but it sure looks exactly the same as a reference pic I found online.

haha I hope not as someone has definitely taken it from on here and put it online.... I took it this morning

It looks like you cut the node off and saved the leafs on the first one.
Why do you have so many things cut off?
The end was in a worse state and came off in my hand when I first came across it.... wasn’t sure whether to take the hole lot off or not so didn’t do anything until I’d sort out some advice

Oh, those are just single calaxes. You'll see them going up the main stalk by the nodes. I still think you are all good. No worries.

One a side note. I've been working on breeding projects. Those single calaxes with the pistols will produce a single seed each. It's the ones I check first for seed maturity

Oh, those are just single calaxes. You'll see them going up the main stalk by the nodes. I still think you are all good. No worries.

One a side note. I've been working on breeding projects. Those single calaxes with the pistols will produce a single seed each. It's the ones I check first for seed maturity
Oh cool I’d really like to see your results and get some info on how I could get into that with mine? I thought the females didn’t produce fem seeds without a male....?

abnormal tips along with brown or yellow spotting on new leaves..... I could be wrong but it sure looks exactly the same as a reference pic I found online.

@Emilya
CC8939B2-AC78-475A-831F-229885C63B02.jpeg
F3C1D42B-5594-4ABD-925A-E968D5398782.jpeg

I am intrigued... please let me see the entire plant... where is this damage occurring?
I’ve been trying to get a natural picture for awhile now. Lol.
It sounds like he’s on point with everything. That specific part has a missing node. Without the node, wouldn’t the plant stop sending nutes to that Area?

I’ve been trying to get a natural picture for awhile now. Lol.
It sounds like he’s on point with everything. That specific part has a missing node. Without the node, wouldn’t the plant stop sending nutes to that Area?
no, it looks like a severe iron deficiency to me, but I couldnt confirm from the pictures that it was in just the newer growth. Usually this is either a way weird soil mix or pH way out range, so maybe he figured it out.

no, it looks like a severe iron deficiency to me, but I couldnt confirm from the pictures that it was in just the newer growth. Usually this is either a way weird soil mix or pH way out range, so maybe he figured it out.

hey guys, the soil mix is coco pro, nothing crazy, ph is 5.6/5.7.... check it every time I do a new tank full and clean my water tank every time it’s empty and bucket and jugs.... water all my plants the same way and from the same tank, same mix.
No other plant seems to be in this state as of yet and there’s a good few around it....
As for the natural light pic, apologies. It’s not as simple as it sounds due to my set up but I have an idea of how I can get a couple of hopefully clearer pics for you both in the next day....
I was thinking it looks like boron deficiency? I’ve ordered some boric acid and was going to give that a go when it arrives unless by the time it comes, you definitely think it’s something else....

thanks to both of you @Emilya @AdaminCO

Back
Top Bottom