New gardener needs advice, couple of queries

Wicked, I’ll get some pics and pop them on here and tag the guys and yourself in the post
And now that I’ve thought a little about it that 4th pic of yours if the plant doesn’t grow much at all anymore or a very slow growth could be nute lock up. Theirs some good stuff out their to use to flush if that is the case but I can tell ya now that AdaminCo is helping hear what he has to say seems to be pretty knowledgeable in the topic!

You should be watering 1/4 strength at least once a day in coco.
I see Chris tell that to folks like a broken record. Lol! Just a heads up.

1/4 a day aswel as the normal ratio or just 1/4 a day all the way through?

think I need to get Chris on the case lol just weird how its only this one (at the minute)(touch wood)

And now that I’ve thought a little about it that 4th pic of yours if the plant doesn’t grow much at all anymore or a very slow growth could be nute lock up. Theirs some good stuff out their to use to flush if that is the case but I can tell ya now that AdaminCo is helping hear what he has to say seems to be pretty knowledgeable in the topic!
Yeah I thought maybe a lock and considering just flushing with just h2o for a day or two but figured before I do anything I’ll bring it to the community

Yeah I thought maybe a lock and considering just flushing with just h2o for a day or two but figured before I do anything I’ll bring it to the community
I’d suggest getting sludge hammer from fox farm I just did a small flush to a couple plants after noticing a little stress and I can definitely see why everyone says to use this stuff because it worked like a charm. You can almost here the oxygen getting to your roots no joke lol. But if you do this I was told to do the normal flush like it says on bottle and then run plain ph water after letting the sludge hammer drain for a few minutes letting the water drain the rest of the sludge out, but just make sure to feed your plants if you don’t plan to harvest a couple weeks down the road so that it gets the right amount of food it needs. Always check ph drain after you feed to see what their taking in.

Cool I’ll have a look at it now, lockdown is killing getting anything fast at the moment though.. they rarely let anything out the bottom.... greedy little buggers!

He’s in coco, so that’s most likely not it.

From what Chris has said before, coco will not retain nutrients, so it shouldn’t retain salt either.

Feed daily to runoff at 1/4 strength. You shouldn’t let coco dry out period. @Emilya Im sure is around, she’s soil, but I’m sure she can confirm.

Hi all and those are not hermie plants. No nanners in any pics provided above from anyone. I would but do not have a good pic. If someone has a good pic to show please post.
Early nanners to me right? Found a few on one plant and have been seriously looking at them under loop to watch for more every few hours!

Attachments

• E6444974-6A6E-4F20-9230-032139D4EE4F.jpeg
    E6444974-6A6E-4F20-9230-032139D4EE4F.jpeg
    696.3 KB · Views: 63
He’s in coco, so that’s most likely not it.

From what Chris has said before, coco will not retain nutrients, so it shouldn’t retain salt either.

Feed daily to runoff at 1/4 strength. You shouldn’t let coco dry out period. @Emilya Im sure is around, she’s soil, but I’m sure she can confirm.
coco doesn't have the cations that soil has so as to be able to hold the ions of nutrients, but that is not how the salt builds up. Salt dissolves into the water and then solidifies into crystals when the water goes away, but the salt does not go away, it just sits there in the solution restricting water uptake. Although coco doesnt have the ability to hold ions of nutes many of the nutes can build up in their raw forms too if you are not watering to runoff each time, and so the salt and the unused nutes do continue to build up in coco unless you water to runoff each time or flush to wash them out of there, and this can cause lockouts.

Check out side of the fabric pot in this pic..growing in coco/perlite. Disgusting. It salts/minerals collecting as the water evaporates out. Some from the nutes and some is in the water to begin with. Roughly 88 days worth. Get plenty of runoff consistently to keep the coco clean and don't let it dry. It is basically hydroponics after all.

Hey there... Looks to me like you have a boron deficiency...
I’m not sure how you can tell with those lights on.
What your indicators?

Looks like spots where leaves were chopped off
Those are the calyx he’s asking about, not the fan nub. Lol!
I thought the same at first.

@rocco72 @Emilya heres a bette pic of my poorly lady and a better one of the big momma I thought was a hermie
68221C6D-F0AE-4725-A497-A7BE39F2B99A.jpeg
42DE39B2-1529-4DD2-9336-686EA5717978.jpeg
It looks like you cut the node off and saved the leafs on the first one.
Why do you have so many things cut off?

Back
Top Bottom