New grow - 3/4 weeks into flower - Any and all tips please!

Niklaus420

So I started my first ever grow in early Dec 2016 from seed. I planted 2 and one was male and kept the small female. Have no idea what type or name of the weed. But it's from Swaziland in South Africa.

I want to get best possible yield and also when should I use molasses in the water to better the taste?? I have grown this out doors from day 1. Very happy and strong plant. But I think I might have been heavy handed on the pruning as I would prune almost every 2nd day. But please help with any tips.

About to start an indoor grow this week so follow if you would like to see my very simple and basic and cheap set up.

All comments welcome good and bad! Very keen to learn.

Can't wait to harvest and eventually smoke something I created from seed.

Peace
420-magazine-mobile656006966.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1628673155.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447011864.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1793642734.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So just went to check on the plant and gave it a mix of molasses and hydrangea fertiliser. In a liter of water. I pit half a tsp of each?

When should I next water? And should I mix in more/less molasse?

Hi Niklaus, welcome to 420!

She's a very nicely branched plant. I would have left more leaves on her but she looks good, all remaining leaves getting good light.

When I used molasses I used about 1 tsp/gallon every other watering. Some use more, some not at all. Just keep using same amount through this grow and see how it works for you. There are no hard answers.

The bottom link in my signature explains proper watering. In general you want the soil to dry out between watering. Use a water meter to check moisture at bottom of pot. When it starts to dry at bottom and rest of soil is dry then water thoroughly, especially get the edge of pot wet.

If you list what's in the fertilizer you're using we can give better advice on how to continue. And the soil mix also. Look forward to seeing your journal.

Hi Niklaus, welcome to 420!

She's a very nicely branched plant. I would have left more leaves on her but she looks good, all remaining leaves getting good light.

When I used molasses I used about 1 tsp/gallon every other watering. Some use more, some not at all. Just keep using same amount through this grow and see how it works for you. There are no hard answers.

The bottom link in my signature explains proper watering. In general you want the soil to dry out between watering. Use a water meter to check moisture at bottom of pot. When it starts to dry at bottom and rest of soil is dry then water thoroughly, especially get the edge of pot wet.

If you list what's in the fertilizer you're using we can give better advice on how to continue. And the soil mix also. Look forward to seeing your journal.
Mr KingstonRabbi

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate the help. More pics will come soon!

Some more questions you can help me with, must I rather not prun/defoliate until I harvest?

What's up everyone

I write this as the sunsets on a successful day. Gym , collage(university), work, and finally some time to do some work on my baby. I've named her a Swazi Stain! Haha

Watered her with a mix last night and a bit today. Getting super impatient now but love the feeling of growing something so nice and from seed and basically on my own. (But i have enjoyed the knowledge I have aquire'd along this way) so much so.

I started an indoor grow today. So please do send I your comments and tips and hints. I have no fan and it's in a closed closet under 3 80w CFL bulbs! Very close to the seedlings. And in a potting mix with some bone meal and 40% nitrogen fertilizer.

How long must/can they be on 24hour light?
When should I repot?
And what can I do about ventilation and smell?

ALL TIPS, HINTS, COMMENTS WELCOME!

420-magazine-mobile1639024918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile977481306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1884219154.jpg
420-magazine-mobile769689588.jpg

What's up everyone

I write this as the sunsets on a successful day. Gym , collage(university), work, and finally some time to do some work on my baby. I've named her a Swazi Stain! Haha

Watered her with a mix last night and a bit today. Getting super impatient now but love the feeling of growing something so nice and from seed and basically on my own. (But i have enjoyed the knowledge I have aquire'd along this way) so much so.

I started an indoor grow today. So please do send I your comments and tips and hints. I have no fan and it's in a closed closet under 3 80w CFL bulbs! Very close to the seedlings. And in a potting mix with some bone meal and 40% nitrogen fertilizer.

How long must/can they be on 24hour light?
When should I repot?
And what can I do about ventilation and smell?

ALL TIPS, HINTS, COMMENTS WELCOME!

You wrote that as the sun rises over here. :laughtwo:

You're in flower with good branching and light penetration using the best grow light in the world. I wouldn't prune or defoliate any more.

Inside your going to want a fan to move fresh air through your grow tent.

If you want more help start a grow journal and more people will see you and be able to help throughout grow. This forum is for quick answers.

You wrote that as the sun rises over here. :laughtwo:

You're in flower with good branching and light penetration using the best grow light in the world. I wouldn't prune or defoliate any more.

Inside your going to want a fan to move fresh air through your grow tent.

If you want more help start a grow journal and more people will see you and be able to help throughout grow. This forum is for quick answers.
Thanks for the tips! Have started a journal in journals of the month. Will post here again if I run into any problems.

So been awhile since I last posted. And a lot has happened.

My plant fell over in strong winds and was not looked after for a few hot days. So I added some new soil to replace the stuff that had fallen out and some bone meal to give it a boost. And gave it a lot of water and TLC.

Think she will pull through! Bought some bloom fertiliser in powder form N 33g/kg P 47g/kg K 171g/kg. My plant is in flower for maybe 5 weeks think I will harvest in april/may.

My question is can I mix my fertiliser into water as it has a slow release Nitrogen and I know that can effect my yield and stunt bud growth!

And can I feed my plants this late into flower?

24 March 2017

I'm so excited for my first grow to finish, I wake up when the sun is rising just to go and see how my bud is doing. (And get some photos of her baking "excuse the pun" in the sun)

And to be honest they are looking good after I thought I might lose my plant after it was blown over and sat on its side for a few days. But once again this amazing plant (weed) can survive through anything.

Speaking of which I read someone's outdoor journal where he had a seed grow in his compost pile through 8F temperature and grew to a massive tree!

I'm thinking she will be ready mid April maybe even May as I oil germinated her beginning of Nov 2016. Over the last 2weeks the buds have just swelled and have pink tips. Looking delicious.

But here are my pics, I see that so of my tips are clawing? And also there are some discolouring of leaves? Does anyone know if anything bad is happen or am I just being a classic new nervous grower.

Been giving it Bulb fertiliser with an NPK of 3-9-17 could it be nutrient burn? It's a power fertiliser which I dissolve in water before feeding. And give it 1ce a week? On the packed it says apply to the soil and water in.

Am I doing damage by mixing it with water and putting it in every week?
420-magazine-mobile1325406047.jpg
420-magazine-mobile69680212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1569928508.jpg
420-magazine-mobile196018023.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1410459505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2100105830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile862257863.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1184128534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom