New grower from Canada, please help!

Braaapinbrad

Hello everyone, i recently started a few plants for the first time and i seem to be having some issues. I have 3 autoflower cheese from sunwest genetics and 6 feminized sour jack from crop king seeds.

I have them in 500ml pots filled with miracle grow seed starter mix and added extra perlite, i try to keep my PH around 6.5 but its hard to get an accurate reading with just the dropper and vile to check the colour( actual ph reader on its way).

So im not sure if i have a nutrient deficiency from PH being off or the soil i got is no good or i could have over watered but i made sure to water very lightly, also could be the humidty thats to low(tried everything like wet towels and even put a personal size humidifier in the box but still stays around 40%, it doesnt seem to be that hot plus i have lots of air movement, i barely ever close the box either.

I know my light setup is funny but it works and the first splitter is not over powered so i could even add more, i have them on a timer 18/6 and its just to get them started then they will go outside once it warms up.

So all in all these plants are 7 days old and i feel like they are growing crazy slow and also the new growth seems to be yellow and on a couple plants it seems to be a bit purple(could be genetics) but i feel like they are also curling a bit and some are doing the "taco".

If anyone has any tips or something i could be doing wrong please let me know, i spent a bit of money getting this started and i dont want to see these babys die!
20190417_114747.jpg
New growth seems purple
20190417_114812.jpg

Growth on pic above seems purple and pic below seems like leaves are doing the taco and also yellow
20190417_114933.jpg
20190417_115006.jpg
20190417_114840.jpg

New growth on pics above seems yellow and curled.

Attachments

• 20190417_114756.jpg
    20190417_114756.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190417_114832.jpg
    20190417_114832.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 75
Hi buddy! I would say stop loving them so much :) really, if your temperatures are ok, just leave them alone or a week or so. Don't worry about RH too much either. It won't kill them, trust me. How many times and how much have you watered them? If the soil was moist when you planted the seeds, this moisture would have lasted you at least a week.
So really, try to let them grow, not to raise them :)

Hi buddy! I would say stop loving them so much :) really, if your temperatures are ok, just leave them alone or a week or so. Don't worry about RH too much either. It won't kill them, trust me. How many times and how much have you watered them? If the soil was moist when you planted the seeds, this moisture would have lasted you at least a week.
So really, try to let them grow, not to raise them :)
Yes i think you make a great point! Thanks alot haha

Everything looks just fine. Smoke a big fatty and just relax. I know the feeling and the anxiety the first grow can bring but those plants are doing well. You should start a journal. It's a great way to keep track of your grow and provides us with a track record of what's been done so we can help diagnose issues if you were to run into any.

Happy growing! :ganjamon:

What part of Canada you ?

Im in ontario.

I guess its just questions i keep asking myself.. do i have enough light or do i have to much light? I just added 2 more bulbs so now i have 5 23w 5000k cfls and 5 23w 6500k cfls to try and get these 9 plants going. I wanted to just do something cheap to get them started but now that i have all these bulbs i could of just ordered an actual led grow light off amazon for cheaper and probably alot safer, i worry everytime i leave the house with this light setup and just cant wait until they are big enough to get outside and i can scrap this stupid setup i made lol.

And about the water situation i think i over watered just a tad because when i planted the seeds i made sure the soil was fairly wet then a few days later when the pots felt light and soil was almost crispy on the top i gave them a good drink until i felt the run off holes wet( not pouring out just felt it a bit wet on some of the holes) its been a few days now since water and im waiting for my nutrients and actual ph tester to come in tomorrow. Im going to be using the flora 3 part grow, micro and bloom. If these plants dont start coming around by the time i get the nutes i think i will do a 1/4 seedling/cutting dosage to see if they pick up at all. My temp is staying at 25 but my RH is relatively low hovering around 40%.

Also would it be worth it to make a day by day or even week by week follow of my grow from start to finish? Maybe there is a better place to do that or just continue it on this thread. Thanks for all your help so far! This first time thing is stressful lol.

Nice, same here. Almost time to grow outside eh?
Ya man maybe haha, still snow in my yard and drops down to almost 0 at night! Kinda sucks because 3 of my plants are auto flower and i heard i wont have much time before i need to get them outside and they start to flower but what do i know haha

I guess its just questions i keep asking myself.. do i have enough light or do i have to much light? I just added 2 more bulbs so now i have 5 23w 5000k cfls and 5 23w 6500k cfls to try and get these 9 plants going. I wanted to just do something cheap to get them started but now that i have all these bulbs i could of just ordered an actual led grow light off amazon for cheaper and probably alot safer, i worry everytime i leave the house with this light setup and just cant wait until they are big enough to get outside and i can scrap this stupid setup i made lol.

And about the water situation i think i over watered just a tad because when i planted the seeds i made sure the soil was fairly wet then a few days later when the pots felt light and soil was almost crispy on the top i gave them a good drink until i felt the run off holes wet( not pouring out just felt it a bit wet on some of the holes) its been a few days now since water and im waiting for my nutrients and actual ph tester to come in tomorrow. Im going to be using the flora 3 part grow, micro and bloom. If these plants dont start coming around by the time i get the nutes i think i will do a 1/4 seedling/cutting dosage to see if they pick up at all. My temp is staying at 25 but my RH is relatively low hovering around 40%.

Also would it be worth it to make a day by day or even week by week follow of my grow from start to finish? Maybe there is a better place to do that or just continue it on this thread. Thanks for all your help so far! This first time thing is stressful lol.
Make a grow journal. ( A new thread titled your grow under the journals in progress in the grow journals page.) Every few days or once a week I usually update. Or if there's an issue that I need assistance with, . Look on Amazon for growlight, Phlizons a good brand. You got gotta plants so you're gonna likely need a 1000 or 1200 or even 1500w equiv. Wouldn't pull nearly that much in actual watts.

Make a grow journal. ( A new thread titled your grow under the journals in progress in the grow journals page.) Every few days or once a week I usually update. Or if there's an issue that I need assistance with, . Look on Amazon for growlight, Phlizons a good brand. You got gotta plants so you're gonna likely need a 1000 or 1200 or even 1500w equiv. Wouldn't pull nearly that much in actual watts.
Okay thanks! So in your opinion do you think this setup with cfls is enough to veg them until its nice enough to transfer them outside for the summer?

Okay thanks! So in your opinion do you think this setup with cfls is enough to veg them until its nice enough to transfer them outside for the summer?
If you're comfortable enough to grow em outside without any interference of any kind, be sure to get lots of companion plants to deter critters and bugs. CFLs will be okay for now.

If you're comfortable enough to grow em outside without any interference of any kind, be sure to get lots of companion plants to deter critters and bugs. CFLs will be okay for now.
Okay great thanks! oh ya my back yard is fenced in and i also have a garden so hopefully anything goes to the veggies first! Ill be making a new threw in the grow journals so be sure to follow:)

Okay great thanks! oh ya my back yard is fenced in and i also have a garden so hopefully anything goes to the veggies first! Ill be making a new threw in the grow journals so be sure to follow:)
Be sure to read the criteria on how to start one.

I'm not familiar with the grow season in Ontario but here in Nova Scotia I wouldn't put a plant or vegetable outside until June 1st. Still risk frost before then. If your grow season is similar you will need to come up with something slightly different for lighting because those plants will have outgrown that light in a month and a half for sure. If you can space the lights apart more you could obtain broader coverage with the same wattage until they get outside. You could have 2' tall plants on your hands by the time June 1st rolls around depending on your plan for training. What you have will defiantly keep them alive until they get outdoors though.

I'm not familiar with the grow season in Ontario but here in Nova Scotia I wouldn't put a plant or vegetable outside until June 1st. Still risk frost before then. If your grow season is similar you will need to come up with something slightly different for lighting because those plants will have outgrown that light in a month and a half for sure. If you can space the lights apart more you could obtain broader coverage with the same wattage until they get outside. You could have 2' tall plants on your hands by the time June 1st rolls around depending on your plan for training. What you have will defiantly keep them alive until they get outdoors though.
I was looking on amazon at the 300w led light, do you think that would be better than all these cfls?

If you’re just looking for a veg light, I’ve been using a 4’ 6bulb T5HO light for years.... but you can get smaller ones that are only 2’ and 2 bulbs....

Unless you’re planning to continue growing throughout the year, in which case, I’d be looking at the new mars-hydro lights sp150/sp250/ts1000... I’m a fan of white light over blurple.

I’m using an light of amazon... X5 1500w led... draws only about 250w at the wall... but so far it’s doing a good job, think i paid 150ish cad delivered.

I’m in Ontario as well :slide::high-five::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom