New Grower & It's A Guess Grow!

Check out this thread What are Trichomes? Trichome 101. Not sure what magnifier you're using now but you can get a combination 30x/60x loupe for about $5 from Amazon. You need at least 30x to get a good look at the trichomes IMO. Also remember that the number of days is actual flowering time, not just when you flip the lights (which is about a 2 week difference).

One of my magnifiers is 45x. On August 12, it will be 50 days into actual flowering....not when I switched. Thanks for the link. I still don't get it when I look through my lens. I see a bunch of white trichomes....not cloudy, not clear... just white.

Last night Mars had a sale on Reflector 144 on Amazon. I ordered 2! Also got a tent! This is a very addictive hobby.
It surely is addictive to grow. :rofl: I am happy you found a tent

One of my magnifiers is 45x. On August 12, it will be 50 days into actual flowering....not when I switched. Thanks for the link. I still don't get it when I look through my lens. I see a bunch of white trichomes....not cloudy, not clear... just white.
Focus on the balls at the end of the trich. It definitely takes some getting used to to see what's going on. Look often and eventually you'll see the changes in the balls. As RTK said though, there are other clues to look at outside of the trichomes. Sorry my explanation isn't better. :Namaste:

Focus on the balls at the end of the trich. It definitely takes some getting used to to see what's going on. Look often and eventually you'll see the changes in the balls. As RTK said though, there are other clues to look at outside of the trichomes. Sorry my explanation isn't better. :Namaste:

I saw them!!! Yippee!! :thanks: The stems and the balls are clear. My "calendar" harvest is next Friday...do they change over quickly? I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Looking for something like this..this was my last grow she went 11 weeks blackberry kush
20160401_094426.jpg
20160401_095019.jpg
20160401_095213.jpg
20160401_095156.jpg
20160405_004318.jpg

Looking for something like this..this was my last grow she went 11 weeks blackberry kush
20160401_094426.jpg
20160401_095019.jpg
20160401_095213.jpg
20160401_095156.jpg
20160405_004318.jpg

Thanks! Those look clear, but I do see some amber there. How do you KNOW!! Mine are all over the place as far as clear and cloudy! There are no other signs pointing to harvest -- there are no yellow leaves, they are very thirsty, they are foxtailing. Pictures tomorrow. We can take a poll on harvest date!!

20160401_094426.jpg
20160401_095019.jpg
20160401_095213.jpg
20160401_095156.jpg
20160405_004318.jpg

I see some amber in those heads. :) I think your right on track. Your looking for the heads of those trichomes, which are the mushroom looking things you see.
Here is something From our own 420 mag

Harvesting your weed based on trichomes is probably the easiest way for most growers to harvest as close to peak harvest as possible.

The difficulty in the method comes with how to determine the state of the trichomes and what each state means.
If you have the equipment needed it is however very easy and with experience it gets even easier.

To explain how to harvest by trichomes properly I will go into detail as to how to determine when trichomes are at their peak and which substances these trichomes contain, which are desirable and which are not.

The first thing you need to know is that there are 3 "states" in a trichomes development.
The first state is clear. Clear trichomes contain precursor cannabinoids (cannabinoids are the different substances in cannabis).
These precursor cannabinoids are not psychoactive (they do not produce a 'high') yet and harvesting clear trichomes will not give you a proper harvest.

The second state is cloudy/milky. Cloudy trichomes contain fully realized THC (the by far main contributing substance in any cannabis high).
You want to get as close to 100% cloudy trichomes @ harvest to get the most potency out of your plant. It's impossible to get 100% cloudy trichomes, since trichomes are always being produced and are always maturing, even after harvest the trichomes will continue to develop.

The third state is amber. Amber trichomes contain degraded THC --> CBN. CBN represents a loss of 90% potency (from THC).
CBN is not desirable in any harvest, since it not only represents a huge loss of potency but research into the substance has also shown that CBN does not produce a high like THC does, CBN produces a more sickly feeling not a true high.

Understanding the difference between clear - cloudy - amber trichomes is essential in getting a proper harvest with a peak potency.

LINK HERE>> Trichome colors and the effects - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

I see some amber in those heads. :) I think your right on track. Your looking for the heads of those trichomes, which are the mushroom looking things you see.
Here is something From our own 420 mag

Harvesting your weed based on trichomes is probably the easiest way for most growers to harvest as close to peak harvest as possible.

The difficulty in the method comes with how to determine the state of the trichomes and what each state means.
If you have the equipment needed it is however very easy and with experience it gets even easier.

To explain how to harvest by trichomes properly I will go into detail as to how to determine when trichomes are at their peak and which substances these trichomes contain, which are desirable and which are not.

The first thing you need to know is that there are 3 "states" in a trichomes development.
The first state is clear. Clear trichomes contain precursor cannabinoids (cannabinoids are the different substances in cannabis).
These precursor cannabinoids are not psychoactive (they do not produce a 'high') yet and harvesting clear trichomes will not give you a proper harvest.

The second state is cloudy/milky. Cloudy trichomes contain fully realized THC (the by far main contributing substance in any cannabis high).
You want to get as close to 100% cloudy trichomes @ harvest to get the most potency out of your plant. It's impossible to get 100% cloudy trichomes, since trichomes are always being produced and are always maturing, even after harvest the trichomes will continue to develop.

The third state is amber. Amber trichomes contain degraded THC --> CBN. CBN represents a loss of 90% potency (from THC).
CBN is not desirable in any harvest, since it not only represents a huge loss of potency but research into the substance has also shown that CBN does not produce a high like THC does, CBN produces a more sickly feeling not a true high.

Understanding the difference between clear - cloudy - amber trichomes is essential in getting a proper harvest with a peak potency.

LINK HERE>> Trichome colors and the effects - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Back
Top Bottom