Funkygrower

420 Member
This is day 14 since seeds were planted in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil. Watered with 6.3 to 6.5PH adjusted tap water. Temps stay high at 26.5 to 27 degrees C down to 21 over "night" with RH of 55 to 77%.
LED LIGHT is sitting 30inches above plants. With 18-6 cycle.
Tent size is 2x4x6 with 195cfm vivosun adjustable exhaust fan on low.
1 6inch vivosun oscillating fan
With humidifier.

Just wondering if I could get some pointers on if I am heading in the right direction?.

** PICS TAKEN AFTER A WATERING **

Attachments

• 20200601_105158.jpg
    20200601_105158.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200601_105150.jpg
    20200601_105150.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 81
I've tried that method and they showed signs of over watering. Luckily I just tried it with the one plant (#2)which you can see is slow growing.
Thanks for the info
Cheers:bongrip:

Hi Funky,

Welcome to 420! Seedlings look good so far, yes you are headed in right direction. One problems is plants grow at their own pace but we want them to finish quick so we get to harvest & sample the product. The secret to growing good weed is..... wait for it...... the secret is - there are no secrets! It’s a slow process and it takes every minute of what the breeder recommends and then some. We want her to grow like Jack and the Beanstalk, she wants to do her own thing.

I agree with bush doctor that those seedlings do not need nutes right now. When you do begin on nutes - be sure to mix them weak like 1/4 to 1/2 strength. You can always adjust the strength of nutes upwards at a later time. Too much nutes can burn a young seedling.

What strain are you growing - is it photo or auto? What size containers are those?

Read Emilya’s article here on “How to Properly Water a Potted Plant, it’s a must read for new growers. Click on search, in search box type user Emilya and when that comes up click on any link with Emilya’s name in it, then go down to her signature line to find the article listed.

Hope your garden stays green!

Hi Funky,

Welcome to 420! Seedlings look good so far, yes you are headed in right direction. One problems is plants grow at their own pace but we want them to finish quick so we get to harvest & sample the product. The secret to growing good weed is..... wait for it...... the secret is - there are no secrets! It’s a slow process and it takes every minute of what the breeder recommends and then some. We want her to grow like Jack and the Beanstalk, she wants to do her own thing.

I agree with bush doctor that those seedlings do not need nutes right now. When you do begin on nutes - be sure to mix them weak like 1/4 to 1/2 strength. You can always adjust the strength of nutes upwards at a later time. Too much nutes can burn a young seedling.

What strain are you growing - is it photo or auto? What size containers are those?

Read Emilya’s article here on “How to Properly Water a Potted Plant, it’s a must read for new growers. Click on search, in search box type user Emilya and when that comes up click on any link with Emilya’s name in it, then go down to her signature line to find the article listed.

Hope your garden stays green!

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think I'm just to excited about growing and just want them done. Shouldn't be that way..
I originally started 3 plants, 1 blueberry kush and 2 BLUECOOKIES.Both are Photos. Plant number 2 in the picture i posted didnt not make it.. now I just have one blueberry kush and one BLUECOOKIES. Today marks week 3 since I planted the germinated seeds. Bluecookies is planted in a one gallon pot (i know now to start in solo cup). Blueberry kush is planted in a cut off 2L pop bottle. Keeping temps around 78 and humidity 65-75.

PLANT #1 IS bluecookies.
Other plant is blueberry kush

Attachments

• 20200608_091830.jpg
    20200608_091830.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200608_091837.jpg
    20200608_091837.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 66
That’s great Funky! Agree with Bluter, she will need bigger home. Also be careful with recycled 2 liters, roots love oxygen but cannot tolerate light. Most 2 liters are clear or green plastic but allows light to penetrate into container = not good. Can you carefully apply duct tape to outside of 2 liter bottle? Don’t cover up the weep holes, she still needs to drain water out and draw clean air from the soil and roots. But yes she will need to be repotted to a bigger container, your environment sounds good.

That’s great Funky! Agree with Bluter, she will need bigger home. Also be careful with recycled 2 liters, roots love oxygen but cannot tolerate light. Most 2 liters are clear or green plastic but allows light to penetrate into container = not good. Can you carefully apply duct tape to outside of 2 liter bottle? Don’t cover up the weep holes, she still needs to drain water out and draw clean air from the soil and roots. But yes she will need to be repotted to a bigger container, your environment sounds good.

Thanks a lot. Just applied duct tape. Thought I was gentle but the plant tipped over and will no long support herself. I didnt see a break in the stem. I tired her up and is standing tall. All I have are my 5g pots. Should I transplant already?. Plants only 6 inch tall?.

Probably not yet but can you pop up 2 new photos - a side view & top down view?

Transplanting can shock a plant so should not be done unless plant is at optimum health. The leaves should extend outwards beyond edges of existing container indicating the roots are same size. The plant should be fully rootbound where it needs to be watered every day.

You want that 1 gallon container to be a massive rootball first, then transplant to a bigger container for 3 weeks before flipping to flower. If you focus on building a giant rootball, then the rootball will grow your weed.

Roots hate light, when time to upcan / repot do this
prep your soil & add to bottom of new pots - add mycos or whatever ingredients you like
slide old pot off
score or lightly cut the rootball in 4 places around the outside edge
transplant & cover with soil
water the plant in

The technique of up canning is used by plant nursery industry. The focus is building roots and it’s a very successful method & cutting the rootball encourages the plant to take over its new container

No rush, go steady but don’t leave roots exposed to light for 5 minutes while you burn one & yak on phone. In other words Get Er done son... No disrespect intended!

Hopefully other one will strengthen up fully over nite.

Oh shit my bad... yes I see your pics! That 2 liter one is photoperiod that’s great hmm you could go either way but it’s not going to hurt to stay put for couple days either.

But also since you bumped the stem I would play it safe and revisit later. The rootball should be a hairy white monster of roots circling inside of container & since she was in clear 2 liter there are no roots circling the pot.

Oh shit my bad... yes I see your pics! That 2 liter one is photoperiod that’s great hmm you could go either way but it’s not going to hurt to stay put for couple days either.

But also since you bumped the stem I would play it safe and revisit later. The rootball should be a hairy white monster of roots circling inside of container & since she was in clear 2 liter there are no roots circling the pot.

**I ATTACHED A FEW MORE PHOTOS. **
THE pot is actually a half gallon not a full gallon sorry.
Appreciate you taking the time to fill me in. Real helpful. I'll be following everything you told me.

Attachments

• 20200608_151714.jpg
    20200608_151714.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200608_151704.jpg
    20200608_151704.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200608_151509.jpg
    20200608_151509.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 66
Ah cool no worries! Yes I’d let her stabilize for a bit. Study up on wet / dry cycle here, use search box. Wet dry cycle is for soil growers not coco, hydro or hempy.

Mostly keep reading here and you will do well.

Thanks man. I appreciate the help. The fact you took the time outta your day to even type what you did.. appreciate the help. I'll follow though what you said. Will keep weekly posts

Back
Top Bottom