New Guy From The Ozarks Looking For Advice!

I dont quiet understand what type of air scrubbers and what do they do for the intake? Just trying to understand as all tents come with flaps to close the intakes and you only need one intake open anyhow. Just asking questions to better understand.
I've had to have all 4 flaps open for air intake..... depends on light source or how much light you have going on in there. A scrubber is pointless for an intake but supposed to be used for you exhaust system to help prevent smell

The 6 inch round holes for ducts etc. Mine will have one on each side in the front on the bottom. Now I've have BIG fish tanks and reptile tanks over the year's so I learned a lot about filters. Yea it was mostly water but I got to thinking if a person needs to filter the air to keep insects and light out all they need to do is add a filter. I've had problems with Japanese beetles not lady bugs but Japanese beetles and ants. Part of my grow area were my tent will be is also where my utility closet is. Dog food, mop and broom etc is in the closet. I will have to open the door that I will install when I get the new privacy wall up. I don't want to be in a nighttime cycle on a 12/12 and open the door and let light is as well as any ants or anything else in. So I figured this out. Take two of the sofit filters with bug screen built in, notice the louvered vent, and put one each on the end of the 6 inch duct connector and put filter floss inside. The air will pass freely but nothing else will and it will help keep light out if I have to get into the utility closet. Does this help lol
d387bfd73534eb7c8a58ad45563adad4.jpg
fab0e02980d4cb42449597c3c6c8d5ab.jpg
03009f267fa196f4fea79d7fc1c27810.jpg
Will work perfectly but keep in mind you'll still have to open door to water/feed your plants and to maintain the plants so bugs could eventually get in.

okay so you just mean a small filter to help stop hairs and stuff from getting in yep that will work definitely a good idea .... I'd try it with just one intake first and if it's not enough passive airflow then add a second but I wouldn't just go straight to two intakes personally because you definitely want a slight negative pressure going. Yeah I keep a booster fan on my intake so Japanese beetles would be fucked if they found their way in... It's sad I never see ladybugs anymore just those damn beetles... You want to love them anyway but deep down you just know it's not the same.... R.I.P ladybugs because I'm not buying a thousand of yall online.
They would be plant food with the fans lmao

I've had to have all 4 flaps open for air intake..... depends on light source or how much light you have going on in there. A scrubber is pointless for an intake but supposed to be used for you exhaust system to help prevent smell

He's not meaning that type of scrubber he just means an air scrubbers as in it stops garbage/bugs from making their way in since it's a passive intake and yeah it depends but with his tent being a 2x2 I'm not to worried that outtake should pull in all the air it needs from a single intake unless the filter over it constricts it to much. I use the same inline for my 4x2 and it will draw in all the air it needs from a single passive intake though I prefer to run a booster fan on intake I've tested both ways. So in a tent half the size it'll be a breeze haha. The light he choose doesn't get to warm the diodes are spread out rather nicely and these Eco units run at slightly less power than their years older comparative the 300,600 that run at 135W and 260W respectively... The eco98 runs at 200W respectively and has a better spread for that tent in my opinion and it won't run as warm it's designed with slightly newer tech so it's supposed to last longer and not have diodes burn out on you which is probably why they are more spread out on these units... 200grams from a 140$ light isn't bad that's a couple grand worth of savings atleast some pay even more. So I'd say that's profit for days lol then next grow he can add a small side light or a second eco98 side by side completely filling out the tent though that's a bit of overkill if anything I'd recommend you some stuff down the road if you do want secondary lights as I have good recommendation but focus on the first grow for now and I'd suggest aiming for 150grams your first grow and if you hit more fantastic if you don't well then dont sweat it as it will only get better. Plus you'll pretty much completely cover expenses even if you only yield 50-60 grams haha which has is very unlikely unless you stunt an auto.

He's not meaning that type of scrubber he just means an air scrubbers as in it stops garbage/bugs from making their way in since it's a passive intake and yeah it depends but with his tent being a 2x2 I'm not to worried that outtake should pull in all the air it needs from a single intake unless the filter over it constricts it to much. I use the same inline for my 4x2 and it will draw in all the air it needs from a single passive intake though I prefer to run a booster fan on intake I've tested both ways. So in a tent half the size it'll be a breeze haha. The light he choose doesn't get to warm the diodes are spread out rather nicely and these Eco units run at slightly less power than their years older comparative the 300,600 that run at 135W and 260W respectively... The eco98 runs at 200W respectively and has a better spread for that tent in my opinion and it won't run as warm it's designed with slightly newer tech so it's supposed to last longer and not have diodes burn out on you which is probably why they are more spread out on these units... 200grams from a 140$ light isn't bad that's a couple grand worth of savings atleast some pay even more. So I'd say that's profit for days lol then next grow he can add a small side light or a second eco98 side by side completely filling out the tent though that's a bit of overkill if anything I'd recommend you some stuff down the road if you do want secondary lights as I have good recommendation but focus on the first grow for now and I'd suggest aiming for 150grams your first grow and if you hit more fantastic if you don't well then dont sweat it as it will only get better. Plus you'll pretty much completely cover expenses even if you only yield 50-60 grams haha which has is very unlikely unless you stunt an auto.
Hey brother, just got in. Going back tomorrow. My oldest brother has some stuff I'm doing for him. Anyway, I ordered 5 WW beans before I logged on, that way they will be here before I get the room completed. Won't be long now and the fun will begin.

Hey brother, just got in. Going back tomorrow. My oldest brother has some stuff I'm doing for him. Anyway, I ordered 5 WW beans before I logged on, that way they will be here before I get the room completed. Won't be long now and the fun will begin.

Good call closest thing I've grown to WW is one of my smaller bagseeds that's flowering as she's an Apple Jack (white widow X Jack Herer) and going great excited to see what she does. My mammoth P sample came in!! Even came with papers and tips lol. It didn't come with much but they've probably been lowering sample amounts. Some got two small bottles and a larger bottle some just got two bottles some get one. I got one lol but to be fair it was free and they shipped straight to my home versus the preferred way via retailer.
28c9687e1c07fd0ebab18531a7392547.jpg
454f98ace954ed30cf398e592dcdcd14.jpg
43d0bd0a8517b4dbb89a3e40e29d0e3c.jpg

Good call closest thing I've grown to WW is one of my smaller bagseeds that's flowering as she's an Apple Jack (white widow X Jack Herer) and going great excited to see what she does. My mammoth P sample came in!! Even came with papers and tips lol. It didn't come with much but they've probably been lowering sample amounts. Some got two small bottles and a larger bottle some just got two bottles some get one. I got one lol but to be fair it was free and they shipped straight to my home versus the preferred way via retailer.
28c9687e1c07fd0ebab18531a7392547.jpg
454f98ace954ed30cf398e592dcdcd14.jpg
43d0bd0a8517b4dbb89a3e40e29d0e3c.jpg
So I have a question, Cal Mag, I have liquid in my shopping cart. It says it can be mixed in with your regular feeding. Any thoughts on that?

So I have a question, Cal Mag, I have liquid in my shopping cart. It says it can be mixed in with your regular feeding. Any thoughts on that?

Yes definitely get cal-mag it's an overall good thing to have around. Especially if your plants act up and need different doses than the other bottles have.

I have a bottle of the liquid cal mag in my cart.

What about neem oil? Also silica Is also a good addition too. Strengthens stems and helps the plants to become more adapting to harsh environments. I use it and like it but Idk what all it does actually because I've always used it. It raises pH so I don't have to play with pH up... Just give the same amount of protekt as I do bloom nutrients and for me personally that leaves me with a very nice water pH.

What about neem oil? Also silica Is also a good addition too. Strengthens stems and helps the plants to become more adapting to harsh environments. I use it and like it but Idk what all it does actually because I've always used it. It raises pH so I don't have to play with pH up... Just give the same amount of protekt as I do bloom nutrients and for me personally that leaves me with a very nice water pH.
No, what is the neem oil used for? I've read it somewhere but don't remember at this moment lol

Updated my grow room!
036e54e4107e6d488663279e6fec1d91.jpg
a3c78b0601e51a751c7f413f8352dc76.jpg
edaf0387d5fd429acb6258500a914380.jpg
hoping for 7-11 ounces which will really depend on how well my small bagseeds preform as they could potentially yield 1+ ounce each as well.. I've gotten 55 grams off of smaller plants at flip. But it was in a pot much larger than 1 gallon too lol.
b15f3c2f767636c53a4bbfebda48eee4.jpg
I'm confident the Apple Jack will yield at least an ounce. Gotta be lol I need it!

Updated my grow room!
036e54e4107e6d488663279e6fec1d91.jpg
a3c78b0601e51a751c7f413f8352dc76.jpg
edaf0387d5fd429acb6258500a914380.jpg
hoping for 7-11 ounces which will really depend on how well my small bagseeds preform as they could potentially yield 1+ ounce each as well.. I've gotten 55 grams off of smaller plants at flip. But it was in a pot much larger than 1 gallon too lol.
b15f3c2f767636c53a4bbfebda48eee4.jpg
I'm confident the Apple Jack will yield at least an ounce. Gotta be lol I need it!
Nice, for now I'm just hoping for enough to last me until my next harvest lol

No, what is the neem oil used for? I've read it somewhere but don't remember at this moment lol

Pest control. Using preemptive measurements can help lessen that chance of getting bugs that are a complete pain in the ass... Neem can be used in veg up to early-mid flower and is pretty cheap so is silica too. There are also other pest controls but I believe having neem on hand is very very handy because you don't want to wait to treat if you sell something like mites they ruin crops and stunt yields of other crops.

Nice, for now I'm just hoping for enough to last me until my next harvest lol

That's about what it will take for me lol. I have to take a small break growing... hopefully not to long but I'm not sure yet and hell I smoke a lot I ways run out before the next harvest but I also have Crohns and ganja really really helps and it's the only meds I take for crohns too.

Pest control. Using preemptive measurements can help lessen that chance of getting bugs that are a complete pain in the ass... Neem can be used in veg up to early-mid flower and is pretty cheap so is silica too. There are also other pest controls but I believe having neem on hand is very very handy because you don't want to wait to treat if you sell something like mites they ruin crops and stunt yields of other crops.
Got a bottle of neem oil spray I. My cart.

Got a bottle of neem oil spray I. My cart.

Good call... I wish I would havent been a stingy ass and wait until I had bugs to get it and last grow I probably would have gotten 8 ounces give or take versus 4.5. Buds quit developing half way into flower and went straight to maturing I was sad as hell I was expecting my largest buds yet from that strain but that'll be this grow (knock on wood) spinosad is also good and can be used later in flower but I find that to be more of a backup. Capt jack Is kind of expensive online but it's spinosad however it can be bought at lowes for around half the price. It's nothing you need now by any means I wouldn't really worry about it as the neem will be good enough especially for now just starting up. But I've seen people get bad mite problems their first grow unfortunately so it's handy... As for the Capt jack if you ever happen to just be in or around a lowes I'd suggest to go see if they carry it as its also handy to have around and it comes in a spray bottle ready to use. But again nothing I'd go out of my way to get yet especially shipping wise.

That's about what it will take for me lol. I have to take a small break growing... hopefully not to long but I'm not sure yet and hell I smoke a lot I ways run out before the next harvest but I also have Crohns and ganja really really helps and it's the only meds I take for crohns too.
I have Osteoarthritis, I have no cartilage in my knees it's completely gone I am getting Synvisc injections in my knees every 6 months I have no cartilage in my hips shoulders and my disc in my back between L3 L4 and between L4 L5 are almost completely gone almost rubbing bone to bone and I'm getting injections in my back for pain control and I've got nerve damage from my L4 being broke in the Army in 1984 so yeah I understand man you know if something works go for it that's what I'm fixing to do.

I have Osteoarthritis, I have no cartilage in my knees it's completely gone I am getting Synvisc injections in my knees every 6 months I have no cartilage in my hips shoulders and my disc in my back between L3 L4 and between L4 L5 are almost completely gone almost rubbing bone to bone and I'm getting injections in my back for pain control and I've got nerve damage from my L4 being broke in the Army in 1984 so yeah I understand man you know if something works go for it that's what I'm fixing to do.

Exactly that's why I started growing I also have a lot of back/shoulder/hip pains too also my damn feet and legs all of which thanks to a deformity/accidents. One part of me wants to go for disability so I can get benefits specifically insurance. But the other part wants me to just get a job that isn't to terribly labor intensive so I can make okay money lol. Unfortunately gangja just doesn't help much with my pain but it does help with the crohns and helps me sleep a bit. I plan to try different strains down the road and making pills so maybe Ill find something that helps both.

Exactly that's why I started growing I also have a lot of back/shoulder/hip pains too also my damn feet and legs all of which thanks to a deformity/accidents. One part of me wants to go for disability so I can get benefits specifically insurance. But the other part wants me to just get a job that isn't to terribly labor intensive so I can make okay money lol.
I'm diabetic but no insulin yet. Controlled by diet. Feet can't hurt like hell at times so the VA gives me new shoes and custom insoles for my feet every 6 months. They help but i don't stand on a hard surface for very long with out moving around. My sciatic nerves in my legs if I overdo it will hurt like a bitch and my legs from my hips down to my feet will get numb and tingles and feels like millions of little electric needles are sticking me. Smoke the right strain and it helps alot.

Back
Top Bottom