New Guy From The Ozarks Looking For Advice!

Yeah I personally think it will be fine too as the trailer will be more or less the same RH outside besides waterings so it's not like your tent will be 100% humidity it will probably be in the 30's-40's nothing extreme. Until you get a large enough plant that is but it'll be warm for him by then. On top of that it's not uncommon at all for trailers to come with fans on those top windows to pull/blow air in or out so who's to say you are not just venting out the bathroom? Wouldn't be to obvious in my opinion. That fan is not all that powerful anyhow so I doubt it will be shooting the warmer air up feet in the air or anything. Also I believe there's a scoop over it too so that should also help it be more discreet though I didn't go back to the pictures to double check that either.
My roof vents are crank up domes. The bathroom does have a fan in it. I have thought that I could do a dryer type vent through the floor. My camper will be underpinned before winter so if it does blow any vapor out at all it will be under an underpinned trailer. That's what I've came up with so far.

If you have a way to vent from underneath I would without a doubt say go for it definitely it will work fine it's more or less what I do as well.

Ducting is dryer type venting so just call it ducting or duct work. For a 2x2 you want 4" ducting you can also buy it at most hardware stores. I prefer the type that folds back in very convenient that's the type you bought online or are going to. But I still recommend atleast 4 more feet for the intake flap as it really helps with light not getting in during flower.

If you have a way to vent from underneath I would without a doubt say go for it definitely it will work fine it's more or less what I do as well.

Ducting is dryer type venting so just call it ducting or duct work.
Yea I can use a 4 inch hole cutter and cut the hole. I can use a piece of 4 inch to go through the floor. Connect it to a 4 in elbow and attach a dryer vent to the end. I already have everything saved to my shopping cart

Yea I can use a 4 inch hole cutter and cut the hole. I can use a piece of 4 inch to go through the floor. Connect it to a 4 in elbow and attach a dryer vent to the end. I already have everything saved to my shopping cart

I edited my posts late lol. What I was going to say was I'd get atleast a few more feet of ducting for the Intake so you can crease the ducting in the intake and prevent light of any kind from making its way in during flower. I'd just get the same type you already have in the cart but it can be a smaller length overall 3-4' its very convenient to do so in my opinion. Plus when you hook up the carbon filter it I'd 100x easier to do so with an extra piece of ducting which can be cut from the intake ducting you purchase. Plus a couple 4" brackets.

I edited my posts late lol. What I was going to say was I'd get atleast a few more feet of ducting for the Intake so you can crease the ducting in the intake and prevent light of any kind from making its way in during flower. I'd just get the same type you already have in the cart but it can be a smaller length overall 3-4' its very convenient to do so in my opinion.
Way ahead of you lol I have 3, 8 foot sections on my list.

Fingers crossed it goes good... As for the strain if you having certain medical conditions just Google what strains are more likely to help. Some seed banks allow you to buy singles or 3 packs if you want to grab a couple different strains. Maybe a thc strain that's more of an uppity high and a thc/cbd strain that's more to medicate at night. Just suggestions hell I don't have much cbd myself I regret not buying a higher cbd strain but what I personally have stocked up is 1x GG#4 1 Gorilla Bomb 1 LSD 1 Pineapple Chunk 1 Purple Bud
Most are just medium and high thc strains but one or two have a low cbd content which is better than no cbd lol. I won't get to pop those for a few more months though I'm just growing my special queen and an apple jack reg that turned out female. Fingers crossed atleast one of the two unknown bagseeds end up female too.

Hey everybody, to the ones that have posted advice to me on this thread, Thanks for the advice, I promise to keep you guys in the loop. To Calvados, LedGuy74, hortishorti, Islandgrow, and anyone else who chimed in. I made my first, second and third choice on my beans. White Widow, Purple Kush and Crown Royale.

Hey everybody, to the ones that have posted advice to me on this thread, Thanks for the advice, I promise to keep you guys in the loop. To Calvados, LedGuy74, hortishorti, Islandgrow, and anyone else who chimed in. I made my first, second and third choice on my beans. White Widow, Purple Kush and Crown Royale.
I forgot to attach these I saved from the seed bank. Going to start with white widow then purple kush and do a couple grows each so after about 4 grows im going to try the Crown Royale. So now I wait for my money to come in about the middle if Feb so in the meantime I have a lot of construction to do and a ton of research to do as well.
766f3677d473bf16e742386d9d7dc0a1.jpg
7addc52ef921c38fef1a1599367eb28f.jpg
2922ab4179f16330dfc51f00cc206b2b.jpg

Great choices Willie. Can't wait for your journal!

Haha yeah those are all awesome strains. I know the sandbank they're from no worries xD

Definitely good choices I'm holding a few seeds myself... Just waiting for better more consistent weather before I attempt to germinate because it's just a pain in the ass when the temps suddenly drop to 5 degrees outside and it's 40 degrees in the place lol. It just doesn't work well and I only have 1 of each seed and knock on wood I'm hoping I can manage to get all to germinate. My germination rate with bagseeds is great I practices a lot. But my first seed bank purchased my two seeds I bought shark something didn't germinate but thankfully the freebie did... I did everything right Idk why they didn't germ I even put them in the soil just incase to no avail. The freebie did though as mentioned it was the tiniest plant I'd seen and I almost missed it because it relocated to the side of the solo cup. I cloned it for 4 grows total and I'm growing my last set of clones and that will be that. I have 1 LSD 1 Gorilla Bomb 1 Gorilla Glue #4 1 Pineapple Chunk 1 Purple Bud

I'm probably going to have the pineapple chunk in the first set I pop along with LSD and then I'll do a Gorilla Bomb and GG#4 run then I'll do the purple bud next winter so I increase my likelihood of purple plants as the plant can grow entirely purple caxyls which look neat. Knock on wood they all germinate or at least 3-4 of them and I will continue to clone them down the road hopefully at that point and preserve them for a good while. I also have an Apple Jack that ended up female in a tiny 1 gallon pot going as well with my special Queens... The plan at first was to grow her out larger and flower her in a 32gal can but I don't have the time I have to move in the pretty near future so hopefully she finishes in time. Also have two other no name bagseeds one is probably male and one is still undecided. I wouldn't have been to upset of the Apple Jack were male as I would have pollinated some of my SQ and just let it flower longer to ensure they are mature seeds but alas the one time I wouldn't mind having a male I don't get it... And I prefer to pollinated my plants with unknown genetics as I don't want to great seeds that are likely to hermie badly on me as the unknowns were from brickweed.

Here's my little apple jack haha
6f898d8edfc95d5a3e80dde885648165.jpg
d5c36869a83b3587ecd783c3dd15a6b8.jpg
she's starting to flower and stretched a very good bit... My Special Queen does not stretch at all at flip and I mean that not an inch. The clones at least... The seed did stretch a bit to be fair. The Apple jacks branches are so weak because she just doubled in size and I don't have a fan on her which will change very soon the current goal was sexing and I was going to remove them until I learned my time frame. I lollipoped the growth on the bottom and was going to buy the stem some when transplanting but I'm just going with the 1 gallon because she seems very happy... My Special Queens are more finkity they will refuse to stay in pots that small and will show stressful root bound symptoms very quickly. I may may may attempt to take a cut off of the Apple Jack a flowering cut that away it takes at least a few weeks to root and it won't really smell or require a tent to keep alive during the move but that's a maybe depending how she flowers.

Figured since this isn't a journal you wouldn't mind be sharing here's a picture of my SQ'S that's a week maybe a bit older as I haven't photo'd her lately.
ab7cc7d128fcff95bc2a9a6b3498ea30.jpg
a67a5f8f7ea43797af3f8a5eecd50e85.jpg
09a18f115a32adf2a80e3548b4b79bbc.jpg
she's always hungry so I had to switch from feed, water, feed to feed, feed, water. She has burnt tips because I was giving rather large doses but those doses just wouldn't last until the next feeding so I'm just giving them all 1tsp protekt 1tsp bloom and 1 tsp magpro each until they start filling out more. Last grow I had mites which wrecked my harvest but thankfully I haven't seen a mite this grow...

ALSO$&&&&&@@&&
I highly recommend you buy some neem oil because it's best to use it in veg up until mid flower for pest control... It is super easy to get pests some travel via air, clothes, skin, pets just anyway possible and while many aren't really very harmful some are and they are almost impossible to get rid of until you sanitize every single thing. It's best to use prevention I personally use neem oil ever couple weeks now up until mid flower and I keep spinosad on hand incase I see mites then I also start using that.

Here's my little apple jack haha
6f898d8edfc95d5a3e80dde885648165.jpg
d5c36869a83b3587ecd783c3dd15a6b8.jpg
she's starting to flower and stretched a very good bit... My Special Queen does not stretch at all at flip and I mean that not an inch. The clones at least... The seed did stretch a bit to be fair. The Apple jacks branches are so weak because she just doubled in size and I don't have a fan on her which will change very soon the current goal was sexing and I was going to remove them until I learned my time frame. I lollipoped the growth on the bottom and was going to buy the stem some when transplanting but I'm just going with the 1 gallon because she seems very happy... My Special Queens are more finkity they will refuse to stay in pots that small and will show stressful root bound symptoms very quickly. I may may may attempt to take a cut off of the Apple Jack a flowering cut that away it takes at least a few weeks to root and it won't really smell or require a tent to keep alive during the move but that's a maybe depending how she flowers.

Figured since this isn't a journal you wouldn't mind be sharing here's a picture of my SQ'S that's a week maybe a bit older as I haven't photo'd her lately.
ab7cc7d128fcff95bc2a9a6b3498ea30.jpg
a67a5f8f7ea43797af3f8a5eecd50e85.jpg
09a18f115a32adf2a80e3548b4b79bbc.jpg
she's always hungry so I had to switch from feed, water, feed to feed, feed, water. She has burnt tips because I was giving rather large doses but those doses just wouldn't last until the next feeding so I'm just giving them all 1tsp protekt 1tsp bloom and 1 tsp magpro each until they start filling out more. Last grow I had mites which wrecked my harvest but thankfully I haven't seen a mite this grow...

ALSO$&&&&&@@&&
I highly recommend you buy some neem oil because it's best to use it in veg up until mid flower for pest control... It is super easy to get pests some travel via air, clothes, skin, pets just anyway possible and while many aren't really very harmful some are and they are almost impossible to get rid of until you sanitize every single thing. It's best to use prevention I personally use neem oil ever couple weeks now up until mid flower and I keep spinosad on hand incase I see mites then I also start using that.
Hey brother anytime your on one of my threads like this I have no problem with you posting pics. Sorry for late reply I've been busy helping my older brothers, I will be busy again tomorrow then I hope I will be done lol. I got some demo to do on one end of my camper so I can build a privacy wall. I got it all figured out and yep I will take pics. I did a lot of studying on my shopping list and yea it grew again lol. Hey I figured out how to make 6 inch intake air scrubber filters for my two bottom front inlet holes and making them this way there will be zero light coming in and I can keep my flaps closed so no light will come in there either.

I dont quiet understand what type of air scrubbers and what do they do for the intake? Just trying to understand as all tents come with flaps to close the intakes and you only need one intake open anyhow. Just asking questions to better understand.

I dont quiet understand what type of air scrubbers and what do they do for the intake? Just trying to understand as all tents come with flaps to close the intakes and you only need one intake open anyhow. Just asking questions to better understand.
The 6 inch round holes for ducts etc. Mine will have one on each side in the front on the bottom. Now I've have BIG fish tanks and reptile tanks over the year's so I learned a lot about filters. Yea it was mostly water but I got to thinking if a person needs to filter the air to keep insects and light out all they need to do is add a filter. I've had problems with Japanese beetles not lady bugs but Japanese beetles and ants. Part of my grow area were my tent will be is also where my utility closet is. Dog food, mop and broom etc is in the closet. I will have to open the door that I will install when I get the new privacy wall up. I don't want to be in a nighttime cycle on a 12/12 and open the door and let light is as well as any ants or anything else in. So I figured this out. Take two of the sofit filters with bug screen built in, notice the louvered vent, and put one each on the end of the 6 inch duct connector and put filter floss inside. The air will pass freely but nothing else will and it will help keep light out if I have to get into the utility closet. Does this help lol
d387bfd73534eb7c8a58ad45563adad4.jpg
fab0e02980d4cb42449597c3c6c8d5ab.jpg
03009f267fa196f4fea79d7fc1c27810.jpg

Hope I didn't confuse you lol. I'm headed to bed got to be up early. Long drive in the morning. I will fill you in either tomorrow evening or sometime Sunday.

The 6 inch round holes for ducts etc. Mine will have one on each side in the front on the bottom. Now I've have BIG fish tanks and reptile tanks over the year's so I learned a lot about filters. Yea it was mostly water but I got to thinking if a person needs to filter the air to keep insects and light out all they need to do is add a filter. I've had problems with Japanese beetles not lady bugs but Japanese beetles and ants. Part of my grow area were my tent will be is also where my utility closet is. Dog food, mop and broom etc is in the closet. I will have to open the door that I will install when I get the new privacy wall up. I don't want to be in a nighttime cycle on a 12/12 and open the door and let light is as well as any ants or anything else in. So I figured this out. Take two of the sofit filters with bug screen built in, notice the louvered vent, and put one each on the end of the 6 inch duct connector and put filter floss inside. The air will pass freely but nothing else will and it will help keep light out if I have to get into the utility closet. Does this help lol
d387bfd73534eb7c8a58ad45563adad4.jpg
fab0e02980d4cb42449597c3c6c8d5ab.jpg
03009f267fa196f4fea79d7fc1c27810.jpg

okay so you just mean a small filter to help stop hairs and stuff from getting in yep that will work definitely a good idea .... I'd try it with just one intake first and if it's not enough passive airflow then add a second but I wouldn't just go straight to two intakes personally because you definitely want a slight negative pressure going. Yeah I keep a booster fan on my intake so Japanese beetles would be fucked if they found their way in... It's sad I never see ladybugs anymore just those damn beetles... You want to love them anyway but deep down you just know it's not the same.... R.I.P ladybugs because I'm not buying a thousand of yall online.

okay so you just mean a small filter to help stop hairs and stuff from getting in yep that will work definitely a good idea .... I'd try it with just one intake first and if it's not enough passive airflow then add a second but I wouldn't just go straight to two intakes personally because you definitely want a slight negative pressure going. Yeah I keep a booster fan on my intake so Japanese beetles would be fucked if they found their way in... It's sad I never see ladybugs anymore just those damn beetles... You want to love them anyway but deep down you just know it's not the same.... R.I.P ladybugs because I'm not buying a thousand of yall online.
Dude we had a swarm of them damned things last fall. They are an orange yellow color. They bite too. There was thousands and thousands of them. The get in my camper and I was literally sucking the fuckers up with my shop vac!
Also I read that real lady bugs are good if you get mites. You can order them online and release them in your grow room or tent and they will eat the mites.
If I could figure out how to send a pm on here I would pm you when I get done helping my brothers. I have looked but don't see anywhere in the app.
When I make the filter I will post pics. Ok I'm off to bed. Later brother

Back
Top Bottom