New Guy From The Ozarks Looking For Advice!

Yeah that's why I'm starting to switch it up now... I wish I had bought a higher CBD strain but I was very limited on my selection but two strain I did buy does have lower amounts of CBD. I'm also wanting to get go around 1# harvests so I can make hash capsules and whatnot. I also gotta stop giving half of it away to family they just take to damn much.

Next two plants will be Pineapple Chunk and LSD.

Yeah that's why I'm starting to switch it up now... I wish I had bought a higher CBD strain but I was very limited on my selection but two strain I did buy does have lower amounts of CBD. I'm also wanting to get go around 1# harvests so I can make hash capsules and whatnot.
I know that there is strains with a lot higher CBD than what I'm getting but I smoked it before and it seemed to work ok and it's an easy strain to start with. Hopefully all my beans will grow. Then I will have other strains picked to try in the future.

Here's the one I'm most excited about trying Pineapple Chunk Cannabis Strain Information - Leafly
Here's the other one
LSD Cannabis Strain Information - Leafly

Both have moderate amounts of CBD and high amounts of THC also both were moderately priced 10$ or under each. Hoping that germinate since I only have singles. You won't have that problem haha..

Interested in cloning or no?
I have been looking at both of those. Maybe in the future when I get my cabin done. That way I will have an 8x16 grow room in my cabin.

White Widow will he great too just be sure to not let them get to tall until you know how much they stretch at flip. Maybe read up on the strain and watch grows of it

White Widow will he great too just be sure to not let them get to tall until you know how much they stretch at flip. Maybe read up on the strain and watch grows of it
Dammit that's freaky, I was just watching a video on topping a plant. It wasn't a widow but he was saying it grows almost as tall a white widow etc, so he was explaining how and why to top in a small grow tent and how to train as early as you can to get it to spread out so all branches hopefully will get plenty of light and make big buds.

Dammit that's freaky, I was just watching a video on topping a plant. It wasn't a widow but he was saying it grows almost as tall a white widow etc, so he was explaining how and why to top in a small grow tent and how to train as early as you can to get it to spread out so all branches hopefully will get plenty of light and make big buds.

Definitely unfortunately my special queen doesn't stretch an inch in flip.. But some stretch 2-3x their size. I've flipped bagseeds at 12/12 before to stunt growth and it works well so does tying down and super cropping. But for now I'd stick with LST and topping wouldn't focus on other forms of HST yet.

Definitely unfortunately my special queen doesn't stretch an inch in flip.. But some stretch 2-3x their size. I've flipped bagseeds at 12/12 before to stunt growth and it works well so does tying down and super cropping. But for now I'd stick with LST and topping wouldn't focus on other forms of HST yet.
The reason for watching the video came in one of my Google searches about growing in a 2x2. He was saying that if you don't get enough light to the bottom of the plant you smaller popcorn buds will be of course smaller and not as strong as your top buds. Dude he had that plant totally flat top lol but he had a 2x2 sea of buds lol

Yeah that's what LST is for you slowly tie the branches down to the sides and flatten the canopy and lollipop everything underneath the canopy and focus on a ton of tops.

Hey buds, great conversation here. LedGuy has really good advice.

You'll get there Willie. I went through the exact same things. I read and watched every video I could find. Once you dive in though it's addicting...
Hey Brother, you know it! I've been in research mode for several months and it's coming down to the wire. I hope to have my grow room up and running by the middle of march. I'm fixing to add another question or two so stay tuned!

Ok so I have more questions. I live in an area where the local SO has a chopper with FLIR and they also use the military at times that have FLIR as well. How much heat signature will my 200W LED make? Will it be enough to get their attention if they are flying over from checking out someone else's property? I'm going to vent my exhaust outside, it will go through the floor of my travel trailer and it will be underpinned before winter. Will that be a heat issue as well?
Now I know I need fresh air intake, will the normal air inside be sufficient or do i need to make an intake from outside?

Now with all this in perspective, let's discuss humidity. I checked my humidity this morning when I got up and it was 9%. I heat with electric radiator type heaters. I just heated up 2 gallons of water on the stove to wash dishes and it is now up to 15%. I will need more than that.

So, what are your suggestions on these questions? I have been reading everything i can find on here as well as online. I am going to get back to watching video's on YouTube probably this evening. So give me you 2 cents on these questions please.

You have nothing to worry about they won't see anything... 200W is no more power than many peoples bathroom lights. They look for outdoor grows plants themselves throw off different heat signatures versus many other plants so they are easy to spot... Outdoors not so much indoors especially a 2x2 you would need an entire house or apartment dedicated strictly to growing to raise any suspensions. You can use the air In the room but vent outside the room and also with that humidity I'd maybe consider a dome around the pot to keep moisture in so the seeds have better germination rates and don't let the soil dry out to much whole waiting for it to sprout.

You have nothing to worry about they won't see anything... 200W is no more power than many peoples bathroom lights. They look for outdoor grows plants themselves throw off different heat signatures versus many other plants so they are easy to spot... Outdoors not so much indoors especially a 2x2 you would need an entire house or apartment dedicated strictly to growing to raise any suspensions. You can use the air In the room but vent outside the room and also with that humidity I'd maybe consider a dome around the pot to keep moisture in so the seeds have better germination rates and don't let the soil dry out to much whole waiting for it to sprout.
Ok brother thanks for the info on heat. Now as for humidity, watching video's I see numerous people using a humidifier controller and different types of humidifiers in the grow room and in grow tents. I use to have reptiles so I know about keeping humidity levels. I had a reptile fogger and controller I got rid of when I moved back from Florida. Why can i not do that. The control unit you set for your humidity parameters, your upper and lower levels.

Ok brother thanks for the info on heat. Now as for humidity, watching video's I see numerous people using a humidifier controller and different types of humidifiers in the grow room and in grow tents. I use to have reptiles so I know about keeping humidity levels. I had a reptile fogger and controller I got rid of when I moved back from Florida. Why can i not do that. The control unit you set for your humidity parameters, your upper and lower levels.

There are small humidifiers that would fit in your tent... I know wally world sells small ones for under 20$ that would work in a 2x2. No need for anything huge and the one you are talking about may work just fine.

There are small humidifiers that would fit in your tent... I know wally world sells small ones for under 20$ that would work in a 2x2. No need for anything huge and the one you are talking about may work just fine.
OK brother you let me down,,, lol
Not really just giving you a hard time lol. So OK I just finished a video and man did I have a brain fart!!! I mean a big one too! So I watched the evening news and weather and something was just eatting at me. Well I was watching a video on things NOT needed in a grow tent. I live in a subtropical climate ok and right now my outside humidity is at 65% even though it cold and my inside is at 15% and will be lower by morning. I use dry electric heat. That dries my inside air out big-time. So I need to humidify my inside air. So as long as my inside air has the right humidity and is pulled in to my tent all will be good. So I am going to do that. Adjust my humidity in my camper instead of my tent. Can you say duh? Lol so I got that figured out. I have my lumber for my wall and I will put in a vent of some kind in the wall with a small fan pulling the air in to my grow room where the tent will be. Man I'm getting a headache lol.

Hey bud I found what I need a wallyworld. Hope I didn't make you mad picking on you! If all goes well demo and wall build will start next week. Had all the 2x4's I need gave to me!

OK brother you let me down,,, lol
Not really just giving you a hard time lol. So OK I just finished a video and man did I have a brain fart!!! I mean a big one too! So I watched the evening news and weather and something was just eatting at me. Well I was watching a video on things NOT needed in a grow tent. I live in a subtropical climate ok and right now my outside humidity is at 65% even though it cold and my inside is at 15% and will be lower by morning. I use dry electric heat. That dries my inside air out big-time. So I need to humidify my inside air. So as long as my inside air has the right humidity and is pulled in to my tent all will be good. So I am going to do that. Adjust my humidity in my camper instead of my tent. Can you say duh? Lol so I got that figured out. I have my lumber for my wall and I will put in a vent of some kind in the wall with a small fan pulling the air in to my grow room where the tent will be. Man I'm getting a headache lol.

Yeah you can do that but you'd most likely need a large humidifier the cheaper 20$ humidifiers aren't powerful enough they are more for small rooms. Most of the year humidity will not be a problem for you in fact it will definitely be the opposite and when that happens you'll want alot of airflow on the plants.

Yeah you can do that but you'd most likely need a large humidifier the cheaper 20$ humidifiers aren't powerful enough they are more for small rooms. Most of the year humidity will not be a problem for you in fact it will definitely be the opposite and when that happens you'll want alot of airflow on the plants.
Yea I'm going to get the 1 gallon Sunbeam for my camper. It will be used for winter when I'm heating with electric radiator type heaters. I also forgot to get a small fan. I don't know if I will need an oscillating fan in my 2x2 or just a small fan.

Back
Top Bottom