New member from Holland

I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Stonerabbit, former shopmanager of BC Bud Depot in Amsterdam.
Also the time that Harry Resin and Don and Aaron from DNA Genetics were starting up there business in Dam.
After a period without growing ( I was busted ) i am now med grower and making oil for our son with autism and others with autism.
Hey Stonerabbit,
It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry for your troubles but I am glad you found your way here. 420 Mag is a great place to hang out, chat and compare notes with likeminded friends.

Also the time that Harry Resin and Don and Aaron from DNA Genetics were starting up there business in Dam.
After a period without growing ( I was busted ) i am now med grower and making oil for our son with autism and others with autism.
Welcome! I'd love to hear about your journey!

Welcome Rabbit!! I’m personally excited to have you here since I am legitimately autistic AF (169 on that weird little RAADS-R test they had us take) and so is my oldest. I’ve recently started looking into the CBD side to help him (I’ve spent my life masking so I’ve learned to deal with sensory overloads and my “little quirks”) because I’m not sure how to truly help him without teaching him to mask and I really don’t want to do that.

I hope to see you start a grow journal, you’ve got knowledge I want 😂

I’m not sure how to truly help him without teaching him to mask and I really don’t want to do that.

he's gonna learn that on his own. it's not something you'll have any control over. the best you can do is provide a safe space where he doesn't have to, and can process what's occurring to him in the rest of the world.

he's gonna learn that on his own. it's not something you'll have any control over. the best you can do is provide a safe space where he doesn't have to, and can process what's occurring to him in the rest of the world.

I figured as much.. I was never taught to by hyper sensitive to tiny bodily movements but I just picked up on it and from there learned how to shift my speech patterns, mimic others, and hyper focus on how my movements are perceived. Constantly assessing whether or not my posture is threatening.

Interestingly though, I can go full bore in the opposite direction and completely miss that I am making people feel uncomfortable or am dominating a conversation. For a long time I thought all the little things I did were just what everyone does and we don’t talk about it.

I’ve tried to accommodate him as much as possible. When he’s given the space and comfort he can perform any task but it has to be at his pace and you can’t force him to do anything.

He’s also like 5’10” 170 pounds at 12 years old so no one is physically making him do anything either lol.

I figured as much.. I was never taught to by hyper sensitive to tiny bodily movements but I just picked up on it and from there learned how to shift my speech patterns, mimic others, and hyper focus on how my movements are perceived. Constantly assessing whether or not my posture is threatening.

Interestingly though, I can go full bore in the opposite direction and completely miss that I am making people feel uncomfortable or am dominating a conversation. For a long time I thought all the little things I did were just what everyone does and we don’t talk about it.

I’ve tried to accommodate him as much as possible. When he’s given the space and comfort he can perform any task but it has to be at his pace and you can’t force him to do anything.

He’s also like 5’10” 170 pounds at 12 years old so no one is physically making him do anything either lol.

he's just coming in to the toughest part of learning to deal with it. grow loads over the next few years, you're gonna want it.

he's just coming in to the toughest part of learning to deal with it. grow loads over the next few years, you're gonna want it.

I cutoff the one avenue we couldn’t control and pulled both my kids from public school. We educate them ourselves at home with non traditional methods. They still get interaction with other kids and families but I wasn’t about to let them be exposed to that crap. He went to PS until about the 3rd grade and then we pulled them as the pandemic happened. He was already having problems.. Being in the principals office every other day, teachers constantly needing to talk about something he said or did. It reminded me of myself in school so I said eff it, I can do better than they can.

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @Stonerabbit. Happy Growing! CL🍀

I cutoff the one avenue we couldn’t control and pulled both my kids from public school. We educate them ourselves at home with non traditional methods. They still get interaction with other kids and families but I wasn’t about to let them be exposed to that crap. He went to PS until about the 3rd grade and then we pulled them as the pandemic happened. He was already having problems.. Being in the principals office every other day, teachers constantly needing to talk about something he said or did. It reminded me of myself in school so I said eff it, I can do better than they can.

it's a minefield either way. having them withdraw from peer education often has disastrous effects later. our family has dealt with it. at present we have one member who is now completely unemployable, has aged out of the education system, and does not have the social skills to improve much as he was pulled from the system and did not learn to mask or cope.

the world doesn't change to accommodate no matter how many strategies we employ. personally i feel the best thing to do is get them in to a skill they enjoy and can hopefully earn a living on. things quickly get bleak in later years otherwise.

it's a minefield either way. having them withdraw from peer education often has disastrous effects later. our family has dealt with it. at present we have one member who is now completely unemployable, has aged out of the education system, and does not have the social skills to improve much as he was pulled from the system and did not learn to mask or cope.

the world doesn't change to accommodate no matter how many strategies we employ. personally i feel the best thing to do is get them in to a skill they enjoy and can hopefully earn a living on. things quickly get bleak in later years otherwise.

That’s the exact path we’ve taken. With the way the world is moving, he’ll be far less “screwed” job wise as there’s plenty of remote jobs he can do. That aside, specialization is what we’re doing.

We let them choose the topics they’d like to learn about, then we show them how to learn these things. The things they find most interesting and engaging we really focus on and expand on them. When we learn about topics we learn how to research them on our own then we typically like to come up with some sort of trip to a place related, like the science museum or bowling to explain physics.

We’re in a much better position to be able to do this than even when I was a kid. I’m just grateful we realized to make better children with a better life than ours we were going to have to do things differently

That’s the exact path we’ve taken. With the way the world is moving, he’ll be far less “screwed” job wise as there’s plenty of remote jobs he can do. That aside, specialization is what we’re doing.

We let them choose the topics they’d like to learn about, then we show them how to learn these things. The things they find most interesting and engaging we really focus on and expand on them. When we learn about topics we learn how to research them on our own then we typically like to come up with some sort of trip to a place related, like the science museum or bowling to explain physics.

We’re in a much better position to be able to do this than even when I was a kid. I’m just grateful we realized to make better children with a better life than ours we were going to have to do things differently

there's a couple online resources and communities that could probably help.

there's a couple online resources and communities that could probably help.

Yep.. I feel real bad for anyone that had autistic kids or family members before the internet. The pandemic helped in a way, it forced mental health into the mainstream. People that pretended mental health wasn’t real because they buried themselves in work and social situations were forced to confront themselves and realize it’s not a joke, it’s not laziness, it’s a legitimate problem.

It’s comforting seeing the progress we’ve made, but accepting the reality is just the beginning.

Welcome Rabbit!! I’m personally excited to have you here since I am legitimately autistic AF (169 on that weird little RAADS-R test they had us take) and so is my oldest. I’ve recently started looking into the CBD side to help him (I’ve spent my life masking so I’ve learned to deal with sensory overloads and my “little quirks”) because I’m not sure how to truly help him without teaching him to mask and I really don’t want to do that.

I hope to see you start a grow journal, you’ve got knowledge I want 😂
The best clones ( CBD) are in the US, unfortunately we can't get these here in Holland. Wish it was possible coming next year to the US order a few clones and ship them myself by ups or equal to Holland!

The best clones ( CBD) are in the US, unfortunately we can't get these here in Holland.

how is that ? considering a lot of seed banks are from holland .... why not just go from seed ?

Back
Top Bottom