New Year, New Goals! Perpetual Outdoor Mayhem: Hey It's Legal

Let There Be Light!

My light is up and running, Hung 26" above the canopy. The light to the eye is a warm white, Kinda reminds me of an HPS but not as orange. Super bright too, It would be instant death to look into.

Plants are still sad. I gave each of them 12oz of water and worm castings around the top of the rootball. I really wished I could of transplanted them sooner but I had to wait for the light. Silly me, Probably will take a few days to recover. They still have the DE crap still on some of the leaves. I'll have to wait for new growth to full get rid of it. Before watering the tent RH was 15%:eek: After watering and a little spritz RH is now at 50%. A silver tarp is under the plants to prevent water from soaking into the wood platform. I had to get a little creative to fit everyone into the tent but they are all inside hiding from the cold nights ahead.

Until Next time :Namaste:

Side Update.

It's gonna be pretty crowded in the tent really soon. I Imagine each one taking off in the new pot. My end goal is to widdle down these to 16 before I flip. I feel that my seeds are kinda finicky when it comes to being female, in my case stress usually will bring out more males. I didn't shock me to see the plants a little bit bound, I was surprised how quickly the plants declined in health when it started happening. Well see how everyone bounces back. Peace!

Four Days After Transplanting 2/10

For a few days everyone looked a little tired. Roots are busy looking for space and a few are starting to perk up. Two warheads in the back corner weren't rootbound so they are growing steady.

I also discovered that my White Cheese is a flat-stemmed mutant. So far all the WC have been mutants apart from one dying off early on.

More of my HomeGrown seeds are growing little branches from their cotyledons. For the spirit of the Quadline I nipped them off, but I wished the Mutant WC that died grew these.

Fun got a little bit of selective pruning to uncover any branches not getting light. A few branches pointing down were also nipped off.

WC is not a Quadline anymore. It will be fun training a Flat-Stemmed plant. I hope it mutates further:yummy:

Temp and RH Lights turning on 6pm

Temp and RH Lights turning off 10am

Here is the Squad Rearranged. I put the four older ones at the corners and the Midnight Gang is arranged by who was doing best. The ones still looking a little sad are on the lower shelf. The WC Mutant (also Flat-stemmed) is next to its sibling in the corner.
CM M4 M6 Fun
M14 M10 M5 M9
M15 M1 M12 WH2
M16 M7 M8 WH3
WCm WC1 M13 M3 WH1
M17 M18 M2 M11

Edit: The last pics were them yesterday.

Humidity in the tent is high right now because of the rain. Plants don't seem to mind. I had to take the top off the potential clones, too much condensation. Everything seems to be growing quickly. I'll be taking pics tomorrow as I take them out for tying down. I want to see if supercropping can be applied to the Quadline training instead of LST. I may try that another time as a comparative.

I opened up the tent during lights off to take the girls out and tie them down a bit. RH in the tent was at 95% :eek: Wow. Talk about a recipe for disaster. I aired it out a bit but that only brought it to 90% Darn rain.

I did some adjusting to the older Quadlines They have grown about 2in. This light is giving them lots of energy to grow :morenutes: First Pic is Fun aka the unknown one. Got a mild Defoliation so no nodes were left covered. Others were also trimmed up a bit but there are no pictures.

After Defol

Here is Warhead #3 really enjoying the light. Leaves are constantly praying.

White Cheese mutant got the lower area trimmed up. I will see how it grows out further before deciding how to train. Most new growth has three nodes on the main top.

Group Shot of the Top shelf plants.

I am also experimenting with using mushrooms as a CO2 producer to help boost plant growth. The mushrooms will be grown underneath the plants in two 1' by 2' by 6" bulb bins. Each bin has been cleaned (then rained on) before loading with presoaked straw.

The Method of soaking your mushroom medium before growing was brought to my attention when watching Paul Stamet give a lecture on the benefits of mushrooms. Basically you soak your medium in water with a little salt, allowing stagnant water borne bacteria to populate and overtake the air thriving bacteria. After a while 1 week to 2 weeks you drain out all the water, introducing oxygen back to the medium and killing off the bacteria. Then you introduce your mushroom spawn to the substrate.

Lets Go!

1. got the mushroom mycelium. I'll be growing the Garden giant, Very strong quick growing outdoor mushroom, It can live in the same patch for 2 years easily if you add more substrate as it decomposes.

2. Presoaked three 5 gallon buckets filled with straw and topped off with water and 1tsp sea salt to inhibit future bacteria growth when the water is drained

3. After soaking for a week and drained off the water is nice and dark (probably could be beneficial if no salt was added.) I'll use the rest of the water for a mushroom slush for the yard.

4. I loaded my straw loosely in the bulb bin about 1/3 in, compressing the sides a bit.

Here's my live Mycelium after sitting in my house for over a week. Its white and fluffy.
5. I broke the clump of Mycelium in the bag so I could pour it onto the straw. The more surface area the quicker you'll get colonization.

6. Layer it! I divided half the bag into the two bins, Added a bit of straw, Dumped the rest of the bag, then Covered the rest with straw.

With that I put it underneath the shelf and I will update if anything good or bad happens. Fingers crossed nothing weird brews or molds up. Straw should be very mold resistant.
Peace! :snowboating:

More High Humidity! The rains came back and I had to open up the tent again to let the condensation air out. 95% nights for them don't sound too nice. When Lights come on humidity usually stabilizes at 70%

I believe I have seen the first of male preflowers on some of the Midnights I'll keep an eye on them for obvious reasons. No males this time. I will move them outside when Identified.

The First Roots have shown up on one of the clones. The Mother Warhead reveg. They had light green stems that made it easy. 3 of the four Blackout cuts didn't make it. One dried out and two got mold. The cuts I took were woody stems which takes a lot longer for roots to set. The last ones stem is getting thicker which is usually signs they will root up. I took three cuttings from the last plant I harvested. It had a Skunky Tobacco smell, Not sweet at all, Almost sour smelling. I wasn't revegging the mother because I didn't have the room for it. Although I could of gotten rid of Cowboy it seems to be a prominent pheno in this group.

Also the High humidity caused my last harvest to get mold. I couldn't dry it inside anywhere and was in my shed. Didn't help that it was raining and warm these past few days. The Purple Christmas seemed to get the worst of it since it was pretty leafy and thick. I will somehow figure out how to get the seeds from this without getting mold on everything. I'm super happy I already got some seeds from the PC to backcross. Hopefully I cen get some from the PT without risking moldy seeds.

Monday Funday

Two Days ago I gave each of the plants 1 1/2 cups of AACT, Vermicrop molasses and VAM bubbled for 48 hours, I also adjusted the ties on everyone. Some plants were looking like they may push out male flowers so I didn't tie anymore down.
This was the room 2/14

Here is everyone today. Lots of great bushy growth. Plants are loving the bigger pots and the new light. :morenutes:

Heres Warhead #3 2/16 Its getting thick tough branches. Kinda reminds me of the Arm and Hammer logo.

Here is the Warhead Mother clone that took root. It seems to be the only one that has any roots. Well see how the rest do in the next week.

Found a little friend hanging out on a Midnight I thought it was cool, then I thought it was munching on the leaf so I brought the little creature outside.

Got a New Zipper for the tent. I contact cemented it to the outside of the tent and hot glued the edges, should last a while. My only problem is that the zipper doesn't separate at the end. I can't open my tent all the way, but that is a small price to pay.

Just caught up on your awesome journal @HiddenGrow love the new QB light and tent setup! You've got a lot of nice vegging plants under a really nice light I'll definitely be tuned in to see how things turn out awesome gardening!
:bravo:

Thanks Jgrow, I've never felt more relaxed with a grow before. I'll be getting a separate 2x4 tent for cloning and vegging.
I gotta catch up with your journal. Pheno hunts are the best :thumb:

Catch Update

Group Shot Thursday 2/21

I took everyone out on Friday to tie down the four main colas and look for any preflowers. So far where I only see things that look like potential male flowers which makes me worried. Geez this grow makes me want femenized seeds. Add that to the project list.

Here is Fun there is one branch that is shorter than the rest. I can only attribute that to it facing the corner of the tent. I gave the small branches a nice tuck since Lst would be a waste of time if this one becomes a male. Also noticed a little Half-tone leaf weirdness. This happened on my mama warhead in flowering so its interesting to see it happen in veg.

TUck TUck

Half-tone

Here's a super blurry picture of the Cookie Monster

Here is Warhead 2.1 I think that's the correct way to name a generation line

Little White Cheese mutant finally got a tie down. I cleaned up the extra branches a bit. The goal is to get the smaller branch even.

Group Shot Today 2/24 Growth is beautiful. I gave them a watering using water from soaked hay (3 day soak) bubbled two days with VAM, 2 Tbsp Pwd Molasses, and 2 Tbsp bio-live. I'm running out of the Molasses mix so I plan on making a Food source for the microbiol helpers with Brown sugar, Agave Nectar, and Palm sugar. There's also Garlic Cloves growing in the tent now.

I plan on getting a 2x4 tent to have some clones, and early veg going. The goal now will to have that be a station to start up seeds when I need them. I'll be getting some new seeds to from MTG seeds, I haven't decided on what would be fun to play with. Leaning on getting some Old School Sour Diesel (NYC Sour Diesel x Turbo Diesel) or Cosmic Charlie (LSD OG x Green Crack) :drool: Soon :Namaste:

Edit: Got the date on the first picture wrong haha

Took everyone out yesterday, They all were fed with 1-2 cups ACT, and I think I spotted the first set of preflowers on the White Cheese. It looks like the first girl has shown herself. I'm hoping for a majority of the plants to be female so I can start flowering soon. I feel that they are already going to overtake their pots before I get to that, they are needing water every 3 days now.

Growth is increasing so much that I decided to remove the four on the bottom and have them flower outside. MIdnights #2 #3 #17 #18 will spend their time with the birds and the butterflies outside.
Hopefully I have enough time before they reveg on me.
Day light hours:minutes in Los Angeles 2/28 11:23 3/30 12:33 4/30 13:32 5/17 14:00 This 11wk time period should be more than enough to finish. I've noticed every year that the Reveg process completely takes over after daylight hours get above 14. I can move them to a dark place if needed.
This will hopefully answer the question of what to keep an eye out for. My plants like to keep me on edge till the last minute because Preflowers shoot out new growth so quickly I can't tell if the flower was male or female. I feel at the rate I am complaining/nagging my plants, all males will commit harakiri.

Here are the little ones moved outside.
#17 and #18

#2 and #3

Here are some underside shots. I tried to get a decent pic of any genitals but everything was so tiny I can't tell what I'm looking at. Is it a Schmeckle?

#3 got its arm snapped off about a week ago. The bandages are naturally falling off to reveal a sick looking scar, Very nicely healed too.

:Namaste:

2/28 Watering

Since I put them in 3gal pots I got used to the infrequency of watering, I only had to water every 4 days 2 cups. The last watering 2/26 I noticed the next day some looked a little thirsty. So I gave them more water the following day. When I opened the tent I noticed slightly unhappy plants. They aren't as perky as they should be which means to me I should give them a larger watering so they can handle more than a few days without this look. Plants that don't get enough waters during feeding time will start to look lighter green and get thin branches. So I gave them 2 cups of AACT with a extra molasses carb load 2 cups water. They all got a lot of runoff which was more than what I expected but Good. I want to water them like a storm would.

Temps During the Lights on period.

3/1 Happy March! Which means Outdoor season starts soon! Can't wait :yahoo:

Soooo The tent had a little bit of rearranging yesterday when I put everything back. There are 16 in the "Top Shelf" and four were demoted to the "Bottom Shelf." Take Note because the Tent Looks So Full! :cheesygrinsmiley: Plants are loving the Extra Room and are quickly filling in.

My Little Cheese Mutant is looking amazing with its spread going. I think this one will get a long veg and mainline treatment. Right now its growing three nodes on one top and two on the other, I'm hoping they both start growing three.

Everything Is so Even. Right now.

So the plan is to let everything grow for another week before flipping. I lowered the lights to 15hr to give a little stretch and hopefully get some flowers to show. Right now I think I have a nice number of females, But I am not sure. Males are tricky devils.

The Arrangement of the plants
M13 M14 M4 M1 Top Shelf, Back row to Front row
M6 Fun WH1 WH2
WH3 WC CM M9
M16 M7 M8 M5

M11 M10 M12 M15 Bottom Shelf

Which Leaves M17 M18 M2 M3 Outside to flower or show themselves as males.
Looking at my pics I may switch some of the ones on the lower shelf with some of the others in the back. I want pretty much an even canopy and ones that grow at the same rate. It is looking that the ones in the back have slowed down from the underwatering. I'll check them out tomorrow when Everyone gets taken out and inspected.
:Namaste:

I've just caught up Hidden you have a lot going on I have 8 plants in my 4'x5' space and I can't imagine trying to fit any more than that in there on the plus side you will have many plants you can move outdoors as the weather warms up maybe? Anyway good job plants are lookin good

I've just caught up Hidden you have a lot going on I have 8 plants in my 4'x5' space and I can't imagine trying to fit any more than that in there on the plus side you will have many plants you can move outdoors as the weather warms up maybe? Anyway good job plants are lookin good
Welcome OldGuy! That's pretty much the plan. I had a few on the bottom shelf in case any became males. If there's no need I'll put them outside. It should start to get nice and sunny soon.

These are all grown from regular seeds and they haven't shown any real signs of sex yet:hmmmm: I see little cones that look like a calyx but no pistils emerge from them, just new growth. If it was a male I should be seeing some action happening by now. I plan on flipping this week if nothing new happens. Everyone is getting crowded.

Hey Bro:

One question...do you further top the 4 branches at some point, or do the plants all simply grow out four main stems?

Nice looking work so far!

Peace, Hyena

Hey Bro:

One question...do you further top the 4 branches at some point, or do the plants all simply grow out four main stems?

Nice looking work so far!

Peace, Hyena
Thanks Hyena, Glad you stopped by to check out my humble grow. :welcome:

The Idea would be to further train each stem as it goes, Selectively removing leaves and branches to keep it nice and even. With this training you can have a even canopy among all your plants.
@Asesino85 has literally all the info on it. He has several plants growing right now Quadlined and vegged to a nice size. The Tangerine Dream in his journal is to die for, Just a happy healthy plant, grown out to a nice size.

I Think if I topped it again it's a different training method. Either way this is my first time trying this method of growing and I like it. It would work great with a perpetual grow, since it takes a little bit longer to grow due to all the training.

Quick Update
Pics later Tonight

I took everyone out and they are getting big. Almost everyone had a little bit of stretch since the lights got turned down to 14hr. Still No Males showing themselves. I'll Be flipping as planned Tomorrow. Any males will be iced quickly.
Tomorrow I'll be trying to pick up a 4x4 flood tray and a 2'x4' tent to become the clone/ veg center. I have a bunch of cuttings that could use a better enclosure than a few tarps around the light.

I took out the plants in the bottom shelf. They are blocked off by the bigger plants and started stretching. A few were switched with some that were a little bit underdeveloped. Everyone got a watering of 2-3 cups bubbled worm tea/ 2 cups rainwater.
I've noticed that some are getting a strange light green color on the early growth. a few are completely light green. I wonder if this is a PH issue in the soil caused by using water caught from the rain, since I've used rain water a few times. I hope the worm tea will correct some issues and reveal what should be the best steps.
My other theory is that I've been incorrectly watering them and causing the soil to dry up too quickly. Since it is a Coco mix if it gets too dry there is crazy compression that happens, making watering harder and longer. Plus I may have mixed in too much Coco. I've noticed that some of the big ones needed to have the pots dunked in the bucket of water to get fully soaked with water. I'll give them a plain bubbled water/molasses feeding saturday and see if the extra saturation makes them feel better. They are starting to be thirsty every other day.

Just saw a Contest by MarsHydro for a New light. That would be pretty dope to have for the new tent and pull off a Two-tiered 2x4 tent. I used to have a Mars 2 1600w that was a beast of a light. It was definitely the light that won me over. LEDs keep getting better and better.

I can't wait to see how My FGI Light Panel gets them going in flower.

Back
Top Bottom