I'm Back - 300 Gal Fabric Pot Outdoor - Legal Grow

I usually have a couple nice cookouts with some close friends. We shall see how the mold holds up this fall. Will determine how long I will be confined to the dreaded trim jail.

I have been researching everywhere for a reliable electric wet trim machine. Not liking anything I see on the market. Would rather hand trim then to watch bud get tossed around and damaged in a machine.
I have to do it by myself. The wife helped once a few years ago but hasn't offered to do it again. :rolleyes:
I prefer hand trimmed too.

Thanks man! I have a really bad feeling that since it’s been so dry this summer we are going to have a wet fall and I’ll be battling mold and rot. Fingers crossed tho 🤞🏾
Good Luck 🍀 bro, I’m hoping that it stays warm here in the Midwest and I don’t have to buy a light 💡.

Thanks man! I have a really bad feeling that since it’s been so dry this summer we are going to have a wet fall and I’ll be battling mold and rot. Fingers crossed tho 🤞🏾
Hey Tattood, your plants are looking awesome! Good job!

I'm in mold central here in Hawaii... just salvage trimmed CBD buds last night... been documenting what the start of bud rot looks like, HERE. I have a friend here who swears by lactic acid bacillus serum (LABS)... I think also called lactic acid bacteria (LAB)... as a foliar spray for prevention of mold and bud rot. I plan on using aerated worm tea, but may also try LAB. Lately I've just been spraying the plants down with peroxide solution, 6 fl oz (=12 tbs) of 3% peroxide in 1/2 gal water in the pump sprayer. It definitely helps.

I'm in mold central here in Hawaii... just salvage trimmed CBD buds last night... been documenting what the start of bud rot looks like, HERE. I have a friend here who swears by lactic acid bacillus serum (LABS)... I think also called lactic acid bacteria (LAB)... as a foliar spray for prevention of mold and bud rot. I plan on using aerated worm tea, but may also try LAB. Lately I've just been spraying the plants down with peroxide solution, 6 fl oz (=12 tbs) of 3% peroxide in 1/2 gal water in the pump sprayer. It definitely helps.
I’ve heard Citric Acid works well for P.M. + mold is mold so it should work on bud rot I would think.

I think part of the equation is changing the pH of the leaf surface, and various things can do that. But I also think the beneficial microbes out-compete the mold.

May I ask if there are any specific strains you find do better than others in your state in regards to the mold/rot?
thank you for the advice

May I ask if there are any specific strains you find do better than others in your state in regards to the mold/rot?
thank you for the advice
A lot of people here talk about White Widow and Wedding Cake x White Window. There are others. I personally am still in a discovery phase, and not one to just follow what others are doing, necessarily. I want to grow sativas as well as indicas, and both CBD and CBG plants.

I am growing a Maui Wowie pheno, and it is a lot more mold resistant than the Cookies Kush that I also grow. I'm actually probably going to do a test very soon – I have two identical clones of the Kush, ready to go into flower. I'm going to treat one of them with aerated compost tea foliar spray. The other, nothing.

I'm also likely going to be ordering some seed soon, and one strain I'm getting is called Hawaiian – an original 100% sativa from Hawaii.

A lot of people here talk about White Widow and Wedding Cake x White Window. There are others. I personally am still in a discovery phase, and not one to just follow what others are doing, necessarily. I want to grow sativas as well as indicas, and both CBD and CBG plants.

I am growing a Maui Wowie pheno, and it is a lot more mold resistant than the Cookies Kush that I also grow. I'm actually probably going to do a test very soon – I have two identical clones of the Kush, ready to go into flower. I'm going to treat one of them with aerated compost tea foliar spray. The other, nothing.

I'm also likely going to be ordering some seed soon, and one strain I'm getting is called Hawaiian – an original 100% sativa from Hawaii.
Love the diversity of strains you can get away with finishing in your state.
Would like to hear about the results of the compost tea spray with those clones.
Anything fast flowering with Critical or WW seems to be more resistant for me. Everything depends on the weather in my neck of the woods In terms of finishing. Last year, it only took 3 days of cold wet weather to ruin everything.

Love the diversity of strains you can get away with finishing in your state.
The really cool thing is that mature females will flower year round – no waiting until fall. I can get about 5 harvests outdoor in a year.

Would like to hear about the results of the compost tea spray with those clones.
Sure, I will post the whole process, if indeed I do take it on, which I'm thinking as of today I will. @Azimuth has a thread going for these experiments.

Anything fast flowering with Critical or WW seems to be more resistant for me. Everything depends on the weather in my neck of the woods In terms of finishing. Last year, it only took 3 days of cold wet weather to ruin everything.
I would def like to try Critical Kush. For us it's always fairly warm, but high humidity as well year round, including LOTS of rain. Lots of sun, too.

Another major factor, which hit me in the face with this last CBD plant I harvested yesterday, is bud necrosis – meaning, some dying off going on just as ripening is happening. The fungus gets started on dead material, so dead stigmas along with dead calyxes and small sugar leaves, all contribute to the arrival of bud rot. In my case with the CBD plant, the pot size was too small, I didn't water/feed enough, and the plant was moved from veg to flower too late. Hence, some die-off and bud necrosis.

Could you please tell me where your getting your Hawaiian seeds from. I love Sativas and Hawaiian +Thai are my favorites. What’s the THC% of it?🙏

Could you please tell me where your getting your Hawaiian seeds from. I love Sativas and Hawaiian +Thai are my favorites. What’s the THC% of it?🙏
New Brunswick Seeds

some dying off going on just as ripening is happening. The fungus gets started on dead material, so dead stigmas along with dead calyxes and small sugar leaves, all contribute to the arrival of bud rot. In
Yes I noticed this many years ago. I always tell everyone that it is super important to be on the watch for dead leaves, and to keep the top of the soil free of dying wilted dead leaf.
Had no idea there was actually a name for this. Very cool. Thanks for this. 🤟

You going to need a bucket truck come harvest time. Those ladies are long and tall. Awesome grow. Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with the rain. It’s dry here also.

NTH
Well….. I do have a bucket truck in the barn 😝
I did build a separate 38x38 building last spring specific designed for drying and curing. Going to put it to the test this year.

Yes I noticed this many years ago. I always tell everyone that it is super important to be on the watch for dead leaves, and to keep the top of the soil free of dying wilted dead leaf.
Had no idea there was actually a name for this. Very cool. Thanks for this. 🤟
I don't know how many others are using the term, bud necrosis, but that's what it is... dead material in the buds.

If a plant is well-nourished up to the point of harvest, there shouldn't be any dying off happening. A fan leaf here or there, that's another story... nothing to worry about. So, the key is nutrients and watering. Which brings up another story, which is SIP systems... we are talking a lot about that lately in other threads. SIP = Sub Irrigated Planter. It's a way to combine a soil grow with a water/nutrient reservoir at the bottom – the results are spectacular.

Well….. I do have a bucket truck in the barn 😝
I did build a separate 38x38 building last spring specific designed for drying and curing. Going to put it to the test this year.
Oh I can only imagine the room you will need to dry/cure the harvest of those ladies. I’d get a good chiropractor lined out also. Ha!

NTH

Oh I can only imagine the room you will need to dry/cure the harvest of those ladies. I’d get a good chiropractor lined out also. Ha!

NTH
On the same page here NTH.

After my first thought (look at those beasts!) my next two were more or less the same as yours.

More bud more problems....

Nice ones to have mind.

Love the grow Tattooedlineman, Im late but subbed in.

I read 300gal in the title and was like 'gotta see this'. Was not disappointed!

More bud more problems....
This is 100% accurate!!
I often get asked why I grow so many trees. Every year, without a doubt, I take a loss from mold/rot. I live in a very tough geographic area to completely prevent this. As a matter of fact I just got back from throwing away large amounts of bad spots already. Not a good sign!
Some years I hit the right weather pattern and yield is great. Most years not so much.

I don't know how many others are using the term, bud necrosis, but that's what it is... dead material in the buds
And so it begins……….
503BD039-B98B-4F11-99E2-3EB51AF98742.jpeg
335A2946-BE1F-4773-ACFF-B52891540CC0.jpeg
52EC41EE-1EBC-43B6-A04B-642AE122EFBD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom