I'm Back - 300 Gal Fabric Pot Outdoor - Legal Grow

Thanks for following 🤟
Should have seen last years 500 gallon experiment! Had to break out the 12 foot ladder and cut my way down to the bottom 😲
500’s were a bit excessive. I won’t be trying that again.
Even though you have problems it’s still a beautiful grow. You should be proud of it I know that I would be 🤔.

And so it begins……….
Awww...Dammitt !!!! :thedoubletake:
It sure seems like a pain in the ass but every night I move my tub gals into the greenhouse - the heavy condensation and the coolness of the night air make it necessary - can't remember if I did that this early last year!!! I just remember that last year ended up crappy!!! Lots of bud rot!! :nervous-guy::thedoubletake:

And so it begins……….
503BD039-B98B-4F11-99E2-3EB51AF98742.jpeg
335A2946-BE1F-4773-ACFF-B52891540CC0.jpeg
52EC41EE-1EBC-43B6-A04B-642AE122EFBD.jpeg
Oh damn!

In this case, I think what you are seeing is bud rot killing healthy buds, not unhealthy buds – with necrosis – inviting the rot to get started.

So, imagine now that this stuff is developing deep inside buds... I'm hot on this trail in my own grow. By the time you see full-blown infection like this, there is likely development going on invisibly inside other buds. It starts as microscopic fungal filaments. When you trim, you can do a bit of surgery to either scrap or keep buds – oh man, I hate that process. When I trim, I wear a pair of high-magnification reading glasses, and have my headlamp on as well.

The more dense the bud structure (i.e. indica-dominant), I think the worse the vulnerability to bud rot. The interior of buds is an ideal environment for fungus to grow – warm, moist, and protected. Plants with a more open bud structure (i.e. sativa-dominant) fare better, and you can also get your peroxide to penetrate better.

It looks like your plants are otherwise very healthy, and I think that really helps to limit the fungus. I don't see much dead material on your plants – that's great. If I were you, beside removing these infected buds, I would also spray with peroxide solution every day, or every other day – buds and all – with a 1 gal pump sprayer. In your case a backpack sprayer would be good! (I recently bought a battery-powered 4 gal backpack sprayer for my farm.) My recipe is 12 fl oz 3% peroxide per 1 gal water. Morning is probably the best time, so the plants will have the best chance to dry out during the day.

My Maui Wowie is not affected much by bud rot, and even if I see one or two infected buds, the rest are essentially rot free.

Oh damn!

In this case, I think what you are seeing is bud rot killing healthy buds, not unhealthy buds – with necrosis – inviting the rot to get started.

So, imagine now that this stuff is developing deep inside buds... I'm hot on this trail in my own grow. By the time you see full-blown infection like this, there is likely development going on invisibly inside other buds. It starts as microscopic fungal filaments. When you trim, you can do a bit of surgery to either scrap or keep buds – oh man, I hate that process. When I trim, I wear a pair of high-magnification reading glasses, and have my headlamp on as well.

The more dense the bud structure (i.e. indica-dominant), I think the worse the vulnerability to bud rot. The interior of buds is an ideal environment for fungus to grow – warm, moist, and protected. Plants with a more open bud structure (i.e. sativa-dominant) fare better, and you can also get your peroxide to penetrate better.

It looks like your plants are otherwise very healthy, and I think that really helps to limit the fungus. I don't see much dead material on your plants – that's great. If I were you, beside removing these infected buds, I would also spray with peroxide solution every day, or every other day – buds and all – with a 1 gal pump sprayer. In your case a backpack sprayer would be good! (I recently bought a battery-powered 4 gal backpack sprayer for my farm.) My recipe is 12 fl oz 3% peroxide per 1 gal water. Morning is probably the best time, so the plants will have the best chance to dry out during the day.

My Maui Wowie is not affected much by bud rot, and even if I see one or two infected buds, the rest are essentially rot free.
I would probably roll with a 50+ gallon sprayer for these beautiful monsters.

Had to cut my losses with that one skunk plant. Bud rot had set in and I cut several of the top colas off. It was either lose all the top colas or take it now and get something.
Those donkey d_cks were super dense and resinated. I saw the writing on the wall once it started last week. The smaller less dense buds on the rest of the plant seem to be doing ok.
This was a fast flowering freebie strain with my order. My records indicate I was in week 6 of flower. Perhaps i can get the rest of the plant to finish 🤷
2 hours of wet trimming, fired up the drying tent and here we go.
C9E99885-3C3E-47A4-99DD-B1844E87E118.jpeg
5D015379-E501-4E39-9B89-07801989F46C.jpeg
35EC2EFB-3D27-4A82-BE70-B8D615965291.jpeg
A169E8DB-3F58-4BA7-A411-034A0C2A6448.jpeg

Thanks for this! I am always willing and eager to try new things in the garden.
I got everything ready. Tomorrow I will start this process.

Two nights in a row with temps in the mid/upper 40’s kicking things into high gear
Big warm up coming next week
I noticed this morning that 100 yards away from the forest there is a strong aroma that
literally punches you right in the face 😝
03555745-ED1F-4EFF-9D70-C0071563C1D6.jpeg
5AECAA30-1402-42A4-A2A0-9FE59F911DE8.jpeg
64C0BD8F-EA86-4120-89AA-8AEECD1F576B.jpeg
DF2296A6-8339-422B-9391-A1C3A7E01E13.jpeg
Your not going to be in trim jail you’re going to trim prison but what a reward you’re going to get. WOW 🤩

Back
Top Bottom