New Year, New Goals! Perpetual Outdoor Mayhem: Hey It's Legal

Fig 48 Hours after training. It looked like growth hasn't slowed that much with this one. The plant was very healthy with large fan leaves. It was ready to send new branches out.

Warhead looked rather shocked from the Quadline training. The fan leaves closest to the topping covered itself almost like a defensive posture (hands raised)

Midnight Gang Getting bigger and bigger

At 1/18 the family looked like they were thirsty. I wanted to hold off as long as I could so the roots would rapidly search for water. Pots were just a little Heavy.

1/19 The family is starting to get droopy from the need of water. Temps and humidity were still high from the rain outside so I wasn't so concerned with watering. I felt the leaves and they weren't limp or anything. At this time I noticed that the Cookie Monster and White Cheese were needing more nitrogen. The leaves were staring to get pale so I planned to add a good amount of the DTE All Purpose 3-3-3 to the next watering. It has 0.5% water soluble N so I figured it would be hard to overdo it.

Meanwhile The Midnight Gang are flourishing. They don't look like they need anything at all so far. The thing was I added about a tbsp of the DTE BioLive 5-4-2 to the soil without mixing at the halfway point of the little pot. I figured since the soil is recycled the plants would enjoy a nutrient spike. I guess they did since comparatively they are catching up to the older family. I had to move four to the other bin because they have started to overlap leaves.

Three days after topping and training Fig looks great. Pretty soon I'll be able to start Lst training.

The little Warhead runt finally is getting its second pair of leaves. Its gonna need to catch up to the rest of the Family to handle the training ahead.

My White Cheese mutant. I am not sure if its gonna have one top or a few. It seems a little confused on what it's plans for the future are. It too is getting a little pale for my liking but i feel it wants to bounce back.

Cookie Monster is growling at me for a snack at this point. I tell it that it'll get a cookie tomorrow if it's good. Its growing nicely. Behind are my to rescues from outside. They are much happier inside with stable temperatures. One is actually starting to get a weird leaf curl like its exhibiting N toxicity. I cant remember if I added the bio live to their soil though.

White Cheese starting to look thirsty.

Looking good! Keep an eye on nodes 1&2, you may end up with growth there. Try and get as close to the stem as possible so it diverts energy up to 3&4.

:welcome: Stirstick So far so good. No undergrowth on the cleaned up area. I tend to helicopter parent these ones so I'll keep any unwanted behavior in check haha.

1/21 The Little ones were watered yesterday when their lights came on leaves were lowered but didn't look sad, more of a "I'M HUNGRY" look so I have them a heavy feeding. I mixed about 4 tbsps of the DTE All purpose 3-3-3 and 2tsp powdered molasses in a gal of water. Then gave a cup to the 1gal Family and a half cup to the Midnight Gang. The Next day Everyone looked happy.
Midnight Gang got a little extra room now.

The Family with a little rearrangement of the Warhead and my Mutant Cheese. I'm looking to see in the next few days if the MC & WC get a little green in their leaves.

Warhead looking a little less defensive. Took about four days to forgive me. I will have to see if this is a plant that doesn't take well to HST or if i just topped it a little early. I decided to spread the leaves to get the top nodes growing.

Fig is happy and flush with energy. The two lower branches will get tied down tomorrow before lights off. I realized just now that I I first called Fig "Fun", then immediately changing it without noticing. :nomo::reading420magazine:

I brought Six of the Midnight Gang Members to a friend to have fun and find his green thumb. He has a little light setup and wants to try an outdoor grow this year. I gave them to him with the blessing of the eclipse last night. :Namaste:

1/23 The Monster Cookies and the White Cheese underwent their Quadline Training today. They were both topped at their 4th node and had the 1st and 2nd Nodes removed. I left on the leaves to give a little energy boost. Both plants were smaller compared to Fig and Warhead

Monster Cookies before topping
After
Nodes removed

White Cheese before topping
After
Nodes Removed

Well see them recover in a day or two. Both have been looking hungry so I've put Blood meal on my list of things to get.

Here's a Family shot, Fig looks a little upset right now but there is still steady growth from the shoots. I wonder if its the indication of wanting to be put in a larger container. Well see, last watering was Sunday and there is still water weight in the pot. Maybe its a cold response. Two factors could of played to that. I took them out of their little box, which essentially raised the light. Temps are now 70 during lights on instead of 75. Plus I have them on the floor of the tent which sits on a concrete slab. I am lowering the light a few inches to help warm them a bit. (I was hoping for a little bit of stretch on all of them for Quadline training since it would be easier to top them if they have more spacing between nodes.
Tomorrow I guess will be a day for building a stand for all of them to sit on. Hopefully that keeps their toes from being cold.

The Family Average age 28 Days

Midnight Gang 21 days These little ones are needing water every two days now. Plus their roots have been poking through the bottom of the pot already. Most didn't seem to mind being on the groung

Noticed this one with a very exaggerated look of distress. This is what gave me indication of possible cold toes. I took everyone out of the crate yesterday.

This was them 24hr ago. The distressed one looked normal before being put on the ground.

The light
Things are looking pretty great around here! Can't wait to see what those quads do in the next week. They seem to be recovering without a hitch.
Thanks Ase Welcome aboard. Growing this style is quite relaxing because its a straight forward plan. NO surprises, unless you snap a branch. And it's really showing me which plants are the quickest to recover for future training.

Inside the little ones have been enjoying a tropical weather at 75-78F during lights on. Humidity has been around 50% occasionally dropping to 40 in the daytime. I may have overwatered the family as they have been looking a little sad when I the lights come on, then perking up later on. Cookie Monster and White Cheese didn't seem to mind the Quadline training, quickly showing their new tops. I think this will be my standard training method from now on.

Also gave everyone a foliar spray with some rosemary oil and few drops of worm tea for a N kick.
Cookie Monster 24 hours after topping. I realized I mixed up this ones name earlier calling it Monster Cookies. :bongrip::nomo:
48hours After Training

White Cheese 24 Hours After Topping. This one is looking a little overwatered. I know its not recommended to do a spray when the plant needs to be looking for water but I saw a few gnats flying around.
48 Hours After

The Mutant White Cheese. I think it will have two tops.

Little Warhead coming through after being stunted by the cold. I hope its a female.

Good ol Fun being tied up. Looking nice and even.

This is what every one looks like when the light gets turned on. Most have leaves held to their sides.

After a few hours they look better.

The Weather has been quite nice recently. Outside the plants have been slowly growing and developing their seeds. But one looked ready. Now I wasn't sure about it because it looked great but never had a strong scent. I gave it a sniff and nothing. Then I have it a gentle squeeze then smelled, Holy crap. It smelled similar to the cowboy plant ( hints of leather and tobacco) but it has a lingering grapey fruity smell to it that overtakes the other smells.

This will be my project plant for the year. To reveg the plant I am now calling Blackout for having all the smells of a great night. Here's the bud shots. Amazing trich coverage for a seeded outdoor girl.

I really appreciate how the color flows from the stem into the leaves. Its an amazing transition.

I hand picked the fan leaves and didn't think of the plant juices being this color. Looks like I ate blueberries.

After Chopping. With a little left on for the potential reveg.

Just for the heck of it I decided to try cloning five cuttings in little Jiffy pellets. I always like the look of reveged plants. As all the seeded mothers this season are vegged from last year. They didn't grow too big because they had to naturally reveg when summer came around.

The Tools used.

Clipped

Stuck in Aloe

A dip in the rooting powder then a quick spritz of water.

Well see how this works without the help of a trusty cloner.

Yesterday was a nice day. Sat in the patio and went into collecting seeds from all the plants I harvested this season. So far I've only got through four plants. I made dry sift hash from them and experimented to see if the dry sift could be thrown through the full bubble bag method to get a more refined product. So far I managed to separate the dry sift into three grades of bubble hash. I forgot to take a picture of it all, but I have another batch of the dry sift hash I could use as a before/ after. The hash smells so good. It still has a strong scent even after the second hash run. My only thoughts about taking dry ice kief and running it through bubble bags is that it requires a lot of agitation to have it go through the bags again. Most was sticking together. But It did work.

Anyway after all of that I decided to check out the family tree of seeds I have. So far I have 4 generations of seeds. Starting with just two plants in the beginning. Its awesome to have because I could go back and check out one of the weird variants or start from the original two. Fun thoughts.

Boom! most of the Midnight gang was quadlined today. Some were growing really fast, I will number them soon because some are starting to smell gassy. and it'll be important to keep track of the different traits.

The Family growing slowly but surely. They are not happy with me because I watered them prematurely. They looked super thirsty the other day, but still act like they are allergic to water when they get it. Freaking Snowflakes.

This little one I grabbed from outside is really picking up speed and catching up to the Midnight gang the other one looks irritated as usual

Leaf pile from the Quadlining

I noticed that some of the Midnight gang have purple undersides already. It makes me pretty excited for whats to come. It seemed that the leaves with the most color were slightly more yellow than the others.

Tomorrow My new Light is supposedly coming in. I'm pretty stoked to see everything set up. Lots of work tomorrow.
Also a friend and I decided to grow mushrooms inside the tent. Were gonna grow The garden Giant and Lions mane. The Garden giant will be inoculated into the rootzone of the plants inside the tent. While the lions mane will be grown from bags hanging from the ceiling. The Light is supposed to be a beast so I hope mushrooms growing in the tent will supplement Co2 Needed for the intensity of the light. The Garden Giant mushroom just came in the mail yesterday. It recommends letting them sit in the box for a week so they recover from shipping. The mushroom mainly feeds on wood chips. I hope It doesn't take over, Killing the plant its supposed to support. I assume with the organic teas and nutes there will be enough competition that it wont get out of control. This mushroom mycelium supposedly can live for two years so Its not a super priority to get it to fruit. We just need it making CO2 here.

:Namaste:

The Midnight Gang and seeing all those little plants under one light makes me happy every time I see an update on them. Quads are on point and didn't seem to slow down one bit from their training so far. It's fun to see all that fresh green coming out of all 4 nodes right? Well done so far and can't wait to see an army of quadline plants with that Midnight Gang.

The Midnight Gang and seeing all those little plants under one light makes me happy every time I see an update on them. Quads are on point and didn't seem to slow down one bit from their training so far. It's fun to see all that fresh green coming out of all 4 nodes right? Well done so far and can't wait to see an army of quadline plants with that Midnight Gang.
An Army of quadlines. Coming up Captain.:slide:

Solid growth on everyone so far. Everyone has been Quadlined and I hope they recover from the overwatering. Humidity is up due to the rains this morning. I got soft plant ties for the rest that need to be tied down. I'm wondering if they need to be put in a larger pot soon most look sad right after watering then slowly recover. I'm not sure of the size of the smaller pots, the larger ones are in 1gals.

Fun getting a nice spread going, lots of fast growth and stretching. It's gonna fill in nicely.

White Cheese recovering really fast. I wonder if keeping the lower leaves speeds recovery when quadlining.

Monster Cookie Also recovered fast

Warhead ready to be tied down. will be done when lights come on.

Little Warhead freshly quadlined with the bottom leaves on to speed recovery.

Mutant White Cheese Waiting for it to start growing a little more so I can spread it out a little more.

Midnight Gang has all been quadlined, the ones in the back have their lower leaves to see who goes quicker. I think they were Lined a little ledd than 48 hours apart.

Two Quadlined Mystery Ones the one on the right looks like a Warhead. I think the other is from an unfavorable plant but I'm not sure yet.

Big update coming later
My Light came in Monday. Got it in the Tent yesterday.
Did some work in the tent. I added a raised floor 16" above the ground. I have 40" x 48" to work with. Plants have been up potted to 3gal in a mix of Coco/soil. I added a nutrient pocket to the mix about 1/4 from the bottom. Reverse sandcastled the mix before putting them in. It was getting dark yesterday so some are a little off center. When putting them in the tent I could only fit 20 pots on the board. I expected the loss of space. I got 25 pots and knew I had to put one plant in a 2 gal in the mean time. Still I had to find space for the rest of the plants. They are on a board about 12in off the ground near the entrance. I put them outside for extra light since its crowded in the tent.

As you can see they are All ready to get into a new pot except for the Mutant White Cheese it had very minor root development (I guess that's why it was so small.) Don't be alarmed the white stuff on the leaves is Diatomaceous Earth I put on the bottom of their pots to keep the Gnats back (before uppotting) Well After I misted them a bit with the Insect killers I turned on the fan. Well everything went everywhere. I've been misting the leaves to wash it off and most has come off. I don't have any pics of them in their new home yet.

The New Light
It's called a FGI Lightpanel 700!
Came In a Big Box!

Came with Plenty of Bubble Wrap to Play With.:yahoo:

Honestly this thing is the Death Star of lights. I cant wait to get this beast up and running. I got because it was the best spread of light they had Perfect for a 5x5 area. I'll Have it going as soon as I get a plug for it. I forgot to ask for the complementary plug for it :rofl: Now I get to be a Electrician for a day. Should be a quick job. Maybe well see the light in action tonight. I'm waiting for some protective glasses to come from amazon before I get everything going. My tent zipper has also failed on me, so a new one is ordered. Imma contact cement it on the outside of my tent and pray for it. A new tent is on my list now.

Back
Top Bottom