Newb: Male or Female? Pics Here. Day 14 Flower - Thanks!

StinkFinger

Hey Guys.

Love the 420 Forums. Everyone is so helpful. Anyway, 1st grow here, just wondering if you could help me determine sex on these 6 plants, please?

Hydro grown, 5 weeks of veg, and 2 weeks (today) of flowering. Planted from bag seed, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance!

S.F.

MJ_221_1.jpg

MJ_219_2.jpg

MJ_218_3.jpg

MJ_216_4.jpg

MJ_215_5.jpg

MJ_213_6.jpg

yep, pretty sure #6 is female, hard to say yet on the others.

should become apparent soon ;)

Thanks SS.

Just didn't want to reach the "margin of time" available to pull the males, before they would begin the pollination process, and ruin the ladies.

Since I can only rely on pictures here from other grows, my first hand experience with identification is obviously limited.

S.F

I thought I seen a pistil in #3 also, kind of top of pic, just left of center.. anyone else see it..

I think I see what you are talking about in the pic below. The yellow circle on the upper left? But what I'm not sure about is the black circles below. Could this be a hermie already?

MJ_218_3a.jpg

Thanks guys!

You got both male and females in there.Your going to have to wait and check everyday to be honest. IF you do have males the balls will show up within the next few days, i bet.

If you check your plants at least once a day, you should be able to identify the males way before their flowers open and they release their pollen.

Good deal guys! Just didn't want to be cutting the wrong plants. I can continue checking for the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the prompt reply's!

S.F.

Hey Y'all.

So we're 10 days here since the last time we chatted. Honestly I don't know if I'm any more confident in chopping the suspected Male at this time. It' hasn't grown anymore "balls" and it's definitely flowering. Pictures Below

Day 23 of Flowering
MJ_259_1.jpg

And here is the same plant a little further up the node ladder....
MJ_254_1.jpg

Here's the picture for comparison, 10 days ago.
MJ_218_3a.jpg

So what to do...? Decisions, Decisions....Still Confused

That is a girl my friend.

Love The Love Boat. Brings me back to my fond childhood memories and Sat night, back to back with Fantasy Island.

Well thanks for such a speedy response. Hoping you can answer another question. What actually separates or is the differentiating factor in determining male from female? 10 Days ago, I could of sworn that almost all of these were "males" as I thought I had seen the same characteristics on all of these plants. I've also seen the standard post that explains (with the picture) how to determine male vs. female (here on 420), but it just doesn't do it for me.

So,
1) Would a male produce flowers?
2) Would it look just like a female but with the addition of "balls"?
3) When would a hermie show?

Since this was bag seed, I would have expected to get at least 1 male out of 7 plants growing (just the odds), but so far I can't see any males, and it doesn't help me out for future grows, not being able to identify.

Thanks again for such a quick response, Mr. Weed!

S.F

Glad you waited it out and didn't chop her before she revealed her sex.

There really is a pretty good window of opportunity as far as identifying and removing males.

It takes several days before the male flowers ripen and open. The pollen is very well contained in the pollen sacs before they open.

So, while you want to be vigilant and watchful, and check them carefully at least once a day when the males and females begin to flower, you also want to give them enough time to declare their sex clearly enough so that you don't make a mistake and chop a girl.

The males tend to show sex first.

Thanks SS!

I guess until you've completed a grow a couple of times, these newbie questions must consume a first time grower, like myself. I must of reviewed at least a half-dozen or so posts with guys stressing "urgency" of pulling the male plants. None of the posts mention a margin of days, possibly a week or more, from the "standard" twelve days into flowering until males show (answer). I would agree with you that patience definitely was worth the wait.

I guess, also, from all the information I read here on the journals, I would have expected at least 1 male (or more) out of 7 plants from the seeds I planted, which were just bag seed. I think it would be a "Festivus" miracle to really have all females here, don't you think?

As you suggested, I'll keep a close eye for any more characteristics that may display in the near future, perhaps a hermie?

Anyway, thanks again for the follow up, really do appreciate the help! Now if only I can figure out what to do with a particularly tall lady that's starting to reach the light, ;-)

S.F

Hey Y'all.

So we're 10 days here since the last time we chatted. Honestly I don't know if I'm any more confident in chopping the suspected Male at this time. It' hasn't grown anymore "balls" and it's definitely flowering. Pictures Below

Day 23 of Flowering
MJ_259_1.jpg

And here is the same plant a little further up the node ladder....
MJ_254_1.jpg

Here's the picture for comparison, 10 days ago.
MJ_218_3a.jpg

So what to do...? Decisions, Decisions....Still Confused

hate to tell you bro but you have a hermie there don't worry we all have had them. If it came from a dank batch then you could isolate it, let it go and try to pick off the male flowers you see, then you could turn the plant into hash just make sure to get it away from the girls. Otherwise just chop it and make oil. Peace and Jah Bless :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom