Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

Update
Candy kush day 6.
My question is can I add dirt to cover up the stem or should I wait?
420-magazine-mobile1004488368.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1752246827.jpg
420-magazine-mobile701439097.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Update
Candy kush day 6.

I would certainly cover half the stem, gently, the babies you put in the soil look like they are loving it:thumb:

Having it in the bucket comes in very handy cuz we have had several days of heavy evening thunderstorms so I can quickly pick her up and put her in the greenhouse. I sure she is harden cuz she been in the sun all day for three days straight now.

Update
Candy kush day 6.

Idk, If it were my plant, I would add fresh mix to the bottom to raise it up, instead of leaving it half way down the container and creating a long stem.

sent from shoe phone using treadtalk.

@Dean- I don't need to read about it. I do it. It all depends on how fast you're trying to turn it out. If your indoors and pumping them out production style, then it's not really going to help burying it. Outdoors I'll plant them deep, like a tomato transplant, right up to the bottom branches, even stripping some off. Next year I'm going to bury the bottom branches as well. There's plenty of time for them to root. And yes, it will make a difference.

So, yeah, it really depends on the situation.

My real concern with a plant that small is the dirt breaking apart when she pulls it out to put more dirt in. There's no root mass holding it together. Then she has a real unhappy plant.

:circle-of-love:

I did not fill up the pot because I knew there would be stretch since I start my plants past germination completely outside and cuz I did not want the sun hitting it directly all day from the start. I wanted the side of the pot to shade it on both ends of the day to harden it softly and to protect the stem a little better with the strong winds we get and pop up heavy thunderstorms.

I am trying something different with the auto pounder. I tend to try things and experiment with different techniques. I am only growing for myself.

Here we won't have 12/12 light schedule until September 25th or so. I looked it up...lol
I need to know what is the minimum amount of veg time for a photoperiod plant. What is the last day I can plant one to make it worth my while.

Also can I force flower by bringing in a plant every evening at 12 hrs of light? Will this stress the plant or cause any issues?
Is there anything that I need to be aware of.
Is there a better way to do this for outside growers?

Here we won't have 12/12 light schedule until September 25th or so. I looked it up...lol
I need to know what is the minimum amount of veg time for a photoperiod plant. What is the last day I can plant one to make it worth my while.

Also can I force flower by bringing in a plant every evening at 12 hrs of light? Will this stress the plant or cause any issues?
Is there anything that I need to be aware of.
Is there a better way to do this for outside growers?

You will likely see them start to flower in just a few more weeks. 12/12 is a safe indoor routine. Many strains you can flower 13 on/11 off. Outdoor you're looking at around 13-13.5 hours light for outdoor. It's coming in a few weeks, trust me. I've started 'transitional feeding', meaning I'm switching the nutrient ratios to promote flowering. My blue dreams are in pre-flower right now.

I use a site called Gaisma.com. It gives dawn/day/dush/night hours for all over the world (and a lot of other info too). When figuring daylight, I add 20 minutes to the day length due to the late dawn and early dusk times when it's light enough to sustain photosynthesis.

It's closer than you think lilred.

:thumb:

I have pictures to load but the mobile app is not working. The white widows are looking nice. The auto pounder poked her head out today and the candy kush was left outside last night....we apparently had heavy rain fall last night...she looked beat up this morning but now looks good. Will get pics up soon.

Back
Top Bottom