Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

I have always added coffee grounds to my Strawberries, good source of quick release nutrients and helps to build up the structure of your soil by adding organic matter, reduces my household garbage too, good plan Lil :thumb:
When is the best time to plant strawberries...I am planning ahead for next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good morning. I am a new grower as well on my second grow. I have read several journals over the past year trying to learn. I do not know much, but that looks kind of like a male plant to me. Maybe some one that knows more will chime in.

This is definitely a female you can clearly see the pistils.

How are things growing? Any luck getting rid of those caterpillars? I just found a couple on my girls this morning let me know if anything worked for you.

Everything looked good yesterday. I split one of the plants by accident....I secretly think I may be a boy....but since it is one of many bag seeds I am going to experiment a bit and put a tie around it to hold it together and see if it survives. If not I will yank her/him out the ground and turn over the dirt and put another one in there.

The candy kush did not push thru...I thought the seed was a dud anyway so I planted another seed in the hole. Let's see if this one will pop out.
I will update with pics tonight

Also how do I prepare the dirt in the hole I dug for another plant if I have to take the split one out.

Also how do I prepare the dirt in the hole I dug for another plant if I have to take the split one out.

Two schools of thought.

1) Amend the soil in the hole with fertilizer, basically tilling it. Plant and water in.

2) Don't amend. Just cut the old plant at the ground and pop your new plant in. The old roots will decompose, provide nutrients and pathways for new roots. Top dress with worm castings or top soil and fertilizer, water in.

Looks like I have two boys
20160711_165231.jpg
20160711_165251.jpg
20160711_165330.jpg

And here is the one I fixed with a tie

20160711_165153.jpg

A storm is coming so I will cut them down after it passes with confirmation.

I would suggest using tape of some kind to hold that split.. The green wire will cut into the plant as the plant grows.. Otherwise, that looks good. It'll survive if you got to it fast enough... Watch that joint (where the split is) swell up as it heals! It's interesting to see how hardy these plants are..
Try plain old chilli/garlic water sprayed on for your caterpillars.. You'll have to do it frequently, cos it washes off, but it does work... Bugs don't like spicy foods!

LOL, too late.

NEVER take them off your site for disposal if they are still ID-able as MJ. Burn barrel them, or bury in a slightly remote compost pile, something other than depositing evidence at a land fill or convenience center.

EDIT: Pigs will dispose of that evidence nicely :blunt:

Can u give me an age range of these kids cuz they might know already especially if you got very defensive plus nobody but you should know any of this exists. How many kids was it? Also I guess your son knows what it is so he may have said something he thought was harmless. What teenager is interested in what you grow in your garden? I've been on the teenage side not that long ago and the fact u gave no answer puts questions in his or her mind.I agree with Heirloom on this. You gotta say something instead of nothing. Just keep an eye out. Maybe setup a perimeter breach that calls your cell when breached or the breach turns bright lights on in the persons face

I just brought cameras for the house and two are slated for the garden. We are talking 10-12 yr old two boys...just playing basketball in the yard. All the kids in the neighbourhood are very friendly with me and they just let it go when I said the garden is off limits. I think they asked me cuz I was out there working in the garden. But u know how paranoid this growing can make u.

Most of their friends know I smoke...I don't want them to know I grow too....my fear is being ripped off not police.

My son would rather walk thru he'll with gasoline draws on then tell someone about his mamas plants cuz he knows there is jail time involved. He is my mamas boy

Back
Top Bottom