Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

My seeds just came in. I am sooooo nervous about planting these seeds. Wondering if I should germinate it like I usually do or just put it in the dirt. I have three candy hush and one auto pounder...free seed. I need to look up the auto pounder and make sure it's good for outside grow...how it grows...is it a gentle plant or hard weed. How long it takes to finish...I know nothing about it. Seeds been here since thursday...kids just put it on my bed and told me nothing. I been in and out but mums the word.

Went out early this morning about an he after sunrise and my babies looked so thankful for the rain.
My son said mommy the leaves are pointed straight up to the sky...they look so happy...last night they looked sad.
I tied down one girl to open her up but I can find my tie to do the other big girl
20160704_101913.jpg

Is this early preflower or just more leaves/branches
20160704_100919.jpg
20160704_100823.jpg

Heirloom

I finally went and up potted the plant that had a root showing on top and it was almost pot bound. I did not have my phone so I could not take pics and truth told it needs to be in the ground. I did not have hole dug and a thunderstorm is coming now....so I guess I will wait a couple of weeks and put her in the ground unless u think I can do it tomorrow.

My candy kush seed split today so I put her in a paper towel. I prepared her five gallon pot and put the seedling mix in the middle using a one gallon pot as my mold for the seedling mix.

I will post pics in the am

Oh I have caterpillars on my plants...found their marks on two plants ans several leaves. I sprayed with neem oil a few days ago on 7/2 do I still wait til Monday to respray or do I need to be using something else.

P.s. I don't want to use the Bonide that my mom brought for my veggies.

Went out tonight and sprayed all the girls with neem oil as I have seen fresh caterpillar marks on two of the girls that are planted. I think next year I will buy a few more dill ferns and plan them in front of and behind my girls...cuz on the table the caterpillar only eat off the fern...they don't even bother with my MJ. They really love that fern.

It's a pain! You gotta look under every leaf! Kill em as you find em, then spray, then do it again tomorrow.. I had explosions of grasshoppers and caterpillars this year.. Very frustrating..

I left my son with instructions to ck them daily....but he is 19..so we will see when I get back.

We also had a huge storm with wind up to 70mph and hail. I was headed out of town when it started and turned around. Waited for it to pass and left at 2am. I did not ck on the plants cuz if there was a problem I could not fix it and would just spend the weekend worried. So I will see my babies Sunday night.
I planted my candy kush seed before I left
420-magazine-mobile321002471.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Again thank you for checking out my grow. I just wanted to say since u grow so many other plants like tomatoes and such I don't see you having horrible problems with your grows just don't obsess over your plants. That is how most beginning growers kill their plants. Treat them like the tomatoes you grow. If you are a good gardener you know your plants show you what they need and it's usually something small especially outside. You are doing awesome. You have knowledge that most beginners would die for. Just keep it simple.

One thing I do for ants or any type of crawling. Gus in my vegetable garden is to place old fireplace ash around the plants. As long as it stays dry nothing seems to crawl through it. I also sprinkle ash on my fruit trees, around the base and on limbs to keep off crawlers. I've not tried it on my marijuana plants because I haven't seen anything crawling on them. Just an idea :)

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think read some place about coffee grinds too....anyone heard this.
And I have plenty of wood ash from this past winter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have always added coffee grounds to my Strawberries, good source of quick release nutrients and helps to build up the structure of your soil by adding organic matter, reduces my household garbage too, good plan Lil :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom