Newbie from the UK could do with some help with first grow

ive moved my fan lowest i can get it just leaning in the corner :D
20190602_170457.jpg

also i am doing some LST on it bending here and there. just potted another seed today CBD Crack Auto i love it found a hobby i truely love, the past month all i have done is read and watch vids on peoples techniques and trying to apply it to my own but limited space and hight so gota try keep it all low as possible. :)

I have 3 ft of height and thats all myself, subtract the safe distance from the lights. That 300w would work out great if you had enough airflow pushing the heat out. It was heat stress why they drooped before. You could use some plexiglass between your plants and 300w light and just worry about ventilating the lights area.... like this! Now, all light breaks down into heat after it bounces around enough but this will keep a considerable amount of the heat away from your plants. I am no digital artist(unless its a skin for 3d modeling) but im sure you get it. 85F is getting hot so the fans arent working for you very well as placed.
sketch-1559492268136.png

As far as pests:

One sliver of ivory soap
A pinch of cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
A pinch of garlic powder(1/4 tsp) or one minced clove
Mixed with hot water and shaken well in a mister bottle. Allow to cool.

Mist foliage and penetrate the first inch of soil as well. Mist when lights are off and make sure it dries on the plant before lights on(or will cause spots).

I've never had pests indoors but this was highly effective for me outdoors when I wanted something to combat leaf hoppers.

Its all natural and wont hurt your plants, I still wouldnt use it unless you have to.

You've got some room in the bottom there. How about a companion plant that bugs hate? In addition to telling bugs to get bent, it can sometimes tell you if something is wrong with your lights or ventilation if both the canna and the flowers are showing the same kind of stress. It can also help mask the budding smell. Years ago I had to host an xmas party in a living room that my exhaust fan pointed to(no windows, basement, 3ft thick stone and mortar walls)....I had 30ish budding plants and all the stuck ups(in laws) kept going on about smelling marigolds. (4 flats) :-D

It's sortof legal here, I still love stealth grows anyways, and I'd love to see you squeeze out buds in that tiny area under a 300. :)

As far as pests:

One sliver of ivory soap
A pinch of cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
A pinch of garlic powder(1/4 tsp) or one minced clove
Mixed with hot water and shaken well in a mister bottle. Allow to cool.

Mist foliage and penetrate the first inch of soil as well. Mist when lights are off and make sure it dries on the plant before lights on(or will cause spots).

I've never had pests indoors but this was highly effective for me outdoors when I wanted something to combat leaf hoppers.

Its all natural and wont hurt your plants, I still wouldnt use it unless you have to.

You've got some room in the bottom there. How about a companion plant that bugs hate? In addition to telling bugs to get bent, it can sometimes tell you if something is wrong with your lights or ventilation if both the canna and the flowers are showing the same kind of stress. It can also help mask the budding smell. Years ago I had to host an xmas party in a living room that my exhaust fan pointed to(no windows, basement, 3ft thick stone and mortar walls)....I had 30ish budding plants and all the stuck ups(in laws) kept going on about smelling marigolds. (4 flats) :-D

It's sortof legal here, I still love stealth grows anyways, and I'd love to see you squeeze out buds in that tiny area under a 300. :)
thanks alot ill defo look into that, i dont know where these gnats have come from the door is literally sealed all the time and i have made it pratically air tight apart from inlets and outlets but no room for pests to get in as i have used tights as filter netting ive killed like 4 so far but i guess they layed eggs now :(,ill go get the ingredients for that tomorrow.

I promise to shut up soon, I swear, but I'd also recommend using a net or a piece of fencing or w.e for training to keep things nice and low, if you're staying in that small box. Fyi, I completed a full grow under the nose of my now ex missus in large garbage can. If you dont have light leaks/penetrating the plastic its stealthy as hell.
i did build this with some plumbing pipe and goal keeper net :D
20190602_180426.jpg

How’s it going Kraizk welcome to 420 your set up looks the dogs, but I don’t envy you in such a small space and your first grow, there’s a fella on the tube, micro grower I think, he’s doing well in such small spaces.
You could try to mainline them in rectangle pots but this would take a lot of time in training and vegging, if it was me I would run four in 750 ml pots with coco, top all of them once at the fourth true node to let the lower nodes catch up get them under the net spread them out and flip them, as this will cut veg time down and don’t wait to long to flip or you will be out of head height and then you’ll be pulling your hair out, believe me I have been there in a loft on my first grow years ago.
Well that’s my two bobs worth and good luck with your new venture and there’s lots of great growers here to help out, cheers.

How’s it going Kraizk welcome to 420 your set up looks the dogs, but I don’t envy you in such a small space and your first grow, there’s a fella on the tube, micro grower I think, he’s doing well in such small spaces.
You could try to mainline them in rectangle pots but this would take a lot of time in training and vegging, if it was me I would run four in 750 ml pots with coco, top all of them once at the fourth true node to let the lower nodes catch up get them under the net spread them out and flip them, as this will cut veg time down and don’t wait to long to flip or you will be out of head height and then you’ll be pulling your hair out, believe me I have been there in a loft on my first grow years ago.
Well that’s my two bobs worth and good luck with your new venture and there’s lots of great growers here to help out, cheers.
I am great thanks dude and ill defo look into that.

Some 1 else might tell u sooner but normally few weeks into flower looks a nice healthy plant tho
they are growing super slow what it feels like, on my jane app there 6 weeks old,i am growing under a 60w LED so also not the best i have a few better LED's 100w 150w and 300w but it just seems to get over hot in that small grow box i built so trying to get some better airflow sorted b4 i swap out for better lights, but then also dont want the lights to close.

I no the problem with heat the weather atm is doing my head in my temps been going up to like 30 I’m sure your sort it out do u have a intake fan coming in that will help a bit

I no the problem with heat the weather atm is doing my head in my temps been going up to like 30 I’m sure your sort it out do u have a intake fan coming in that will help a bit
ye got intake and out but gona install another intake just dont know if i should just install another pc type of fan or just buy another 4inch black orchid fan and use that as inlet as its more powerful, but saying that my pc fan i have has 3 settings low mid high so think 2 of them could be fine tho i cant decide haha.

Back
Top Bottom