News's Buds and Breeding

Re: news's buds and breeding.

You're very welcome bro, and congratulations on the new additions to the family ;).

ANYTIME BROTHER, ANYTIME..SOunds like the variety you got going is going to be KILLER to say the least. The Purple wreck is regular yeah? So breeding possibility? I'd like ot see what the blue widow crossed P.W would come out. Sounds like your having fun and congrats on the new addition. Nothing better then a nice big family.

Thanks guys!

Butcher, you got it. i'll make the cross. i'm sure i'll get a male of each for sure, that's my luck. the cross would end up as;

Blue Widow X Purple Wreck
(Blue Berry X New White Widow) X ( Purple Urkle X Train Wreck)

or visa versa, depends on which is the male. either way, it sounds damned tasty to me. haha. :grinjoint:

I'll probably cross any males back with Ice, Mazar and Super Crystal. I'm fearing my little widow seedling (not sure which of the 4 widow crosses it is) is male.. the stretch is pretty bad. i'll see tonight what i see and go from there.

*aside* damn, do i hate red light tickets! */aside*

hey guys. i haven't been to check the girls in a day and a half (why i use soil, not hydro) so i'm not sure on the status of everything, but i transplanted the purple wrecks. only one has broke ground. and boy, howdy, did it! it's not an inch tall, not even standing up straight and the second set of leaves has already formed. craziness!

i cant wait till the morning i get to see my girls!!!!

good day all.

here's an update, with pictures!

first, what's growing in veg?

i've had to move some cuttings and seedlings to a warmer place, they're starting to respond...

IMG_14285.JPG

Here are 3 Blue Widows. as of monday night, 2 of these had broken soil and the 3rd will soon. just little yet, but growing just fine.
IMG_14264.JPG

Here are 1 Purple Wreck, 1 Blue Widow & 1 Super Crystal. the SC is the large one, a clone.
IMG_14276.JPG

This is the Purple Wreck i was talking about in my last post, not the best pic, but she (i certainly hope so) is very healthy and i'm excited.
IMG_14295.JPG

Here's everything in the warm spot. that's a 105w CFL (right) and a 12w CFL (left). i believe all the clones are Ice, but i failed to label them (i do this a lot, lol).

I left a number of plants in the cool veg room...

IMG_14314.JPG

If i remember correctly, these are 2 Mazar, and 4 Ice in the front. and in the back..
IMG_14325.JPG

My breeding project. This group of 4 plants will be moving to the warm veg space to be flowered once the clones and seedlings there are established. from left to right they are; 1 of 3 varieties of Widow (White, Blue or Red {not sure it's sex, thinking it's male though}), 1 Hindu Kush male, 1 Super Crystal female & 1 Ice female. i figure this is a good selection to breed from.
IMG_14303.JPG

Here are my other vegging plants. the Ice in the back needs to get flowered this summer. the mazar on the left is probably going to be a mother, probably. and the 7 Ice clones are for my outdoor plot this year. :D

and now, the exciting part... the flowering chamber..

IMG_14335.JPG

i love seeing this. makes my day, everyday.
IMG_14386.JPG

Here's 3-prong. looks nice. starting to show hairs. :)
IMG_14345.JPG

these are 4 Ice. they were about 6" tall when i put them in and now they are almost 18" tall! they are budding out nicely and should be done mid may.
IMG_14377.JPG

This is SC2, budding continues. and if it grows like the other SC is, the buds will be the biggest i've ever grown. i'll just have to wait till mid may to find out. haha.
IMG_14369.JPG

Here's the Ice that was going to be a mother, now she' flowering like crazy! should be done about a week before SC2
IMG_14404.JPG

Ah, I4. she looks so good. and she's growing so well. flush was started a week and a half ago and harvest is scheduled for the 16th - 17th. she's starting to smell very good. even better than the last Ice
IMG_14394.JPG

and here is SC1. she's almost ready. there's a great berry/weed smell to her. she's also on a long cure, started at the same time as I4, but is scheduled for harvest on the 9th - 10th.

~~
Man, i love this hobby. it works better than my pills for relieving stress Stay up all!

Looking good there News! :thumb:

How's the weather in your neck of the Great White North? It's been pretty nice here but turning chilly for the next couple of days.
Got the mountain bike all tuned up yesterday and sore legs today! lol

+Reps and 5 Stars for your pretty girls! Have fun trimming all that yummy bud! :allgood:

:peace:

it's been gorgeous for the last few days here. shorts all 'round and the girls are starting to show off after the winter.. haha. no biking yet, still got too much snow where i live, but soon enough it'll be melted and time to ride.

looks like i spoke too soon with the blue widow... the seedlings aren't doing well. i'll update later, it doesn't look good though.

ola, by the way, i weighed the second ICE and it came in at 69.1 grams, dry. the 1st branch of the Super Crystal weighed 23.9 grams dry and it was a little under half of the plant so i figure 2oz isn't an unlikely estimate. it'll probably drop in curing, but i don't weigh after it's dry. lol

Wow. Nice work newsisnoise! Very clean and clearly under control.
Have you thought of turning the lights sideways? They would work quite a bit better that way. ;)

hey man, i missed this post totally. lol. thank you for your compliments. that's huge coming from you. as for the lights, you make a good point. i'll have to build a reflector and a mount for the lights.... I've got it! muahaha.

i'll put up pics once i've got it all figured out. thanks man!:bong:

Still trying to catch up on your journal. Your plants are looking awesome looking forward to reading and seeing more.:popcorn::goodluck:

thanks man. updates next weekend, so you got time. haha.

Hey News;
Thanks for helping me out.
Much appreciated.

Hey, how soon will you start applying LST to these little ones?
And do you keep up with the LST thru flowering?

Interesting on your results. How long of grow was it. A couple pounds per plant?
Wow, that's impressive results

Michael, no prob man. it's what we all do here. as for the lst, essentially i start doing it as soon as i can. depending on the plant, i've started as early 3 weeks into growth. i leave everything tied throughout flowering, though i usually move them around as time goes on.

the ice i harvested yesterday (joy!) and all the other large plants were started back in november. you don't need it to be that long, but i am in no rush right now. i wanna see if i can maximize the amount of buds i get in one go. the plants each flower for about 9 weeks total. then they're all finished and taste and smell fantastic.

oh, it's a couple ounces for each plant. a couple pounds? i wish. lol

:bravo: super job on whole grow ....that ice was a beauty :passitleft:

thanks tunes! i love the little bitches. lol
:thanks:

haha. totally butch!

dry weight on friday's plant is 61.9g. i'm happy again. love this ice..

little story. i was smoking with my best and oldest friend in the whole world.. he stops right in the middle of burning a bowl and looks me right in the eye and says, "this weed smells like ass!"

i was shocked. i didn't know what to say. i'd never really thought about it that way, but as it cures more and more.... it does!!

i gotta do something about that. i wonder if i leave it go longer, it will change the flavor. maybe improve it some.

anythoughts? #*@&ing Ass Weed! lol

Back
Top Bottom