Nicky's Indoor COB Grow: Green Gelato, Rainbows, Ayahuasca Purple

Cool, I'm trying to bring out some pretty colors in my purple kush. I've heard multiple different things for achieving crazy colors ie....stress makes plants change color, colder temps, cease nutrients in late stage flowering...

Does it just boil down to genetics ?

I think genetics play the major role here. Some breeders even use that for marketing. I saw some purple strain, perhaps FastBuds' Purple Lemonade, that was marketed as a strain that will turn purple no matter what growing conditions you have. Other strains require some special conditions, I think cool night temps does it.

I think genetics play the major role here. Some breeders even use that for marketing. I saw some purple strain, perhaps FastBuds' Purple Lemonade, that was marketed as a strain that will turn purple no matter what growing conditions you have. Other strains require some special conditions, I think cool night temps does it.

Yeah I saw that purple lemonade, that looks incredible if it just produces naturally that way!

My plants are just starting to really stretch in 12/12 I'm hoping they look as good as yours !
Nice work

Yeah I saw that purple lemonade, that looks incredible if it just produces naturally that way!

My plants are just starting to really stretch in 12/12 I'm hoping they look as good as yours !
Nice work

We'll see about that Purple Lemonade. I've got 2 seeds, and I'll start one shortly - after I harvest Rainbows. I expect some bright colours on that one. Will also do one Fatsbuds Auto Zkittlez, and a third auto strain I'm still deciding on...the latter two I prioritise taste rather than colour.

Nice training on your Purple Kush. My Ayahuasca Purple hadn't shown any colours at that stage, so she's likely to still give you some colours.

Attachments

• R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 1.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 1.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 70
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 2.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 2.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 72
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 3.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 3.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 71
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 4.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 4.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 71
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 5.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 5.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 67
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 6.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 6.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 76
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 7.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 7.jpg
    865 KB · Views: 65
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 8.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 8.jpg
    824.5 KB · Views: 62
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 9.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 9.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 66
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 10.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 10.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 68
And some more pics

Attachments

• R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 11.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 11.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 66
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 12.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 12.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 74
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 13.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 13.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 76
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 14.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 14.jpg
    940.6 KB · Views: 74
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 15.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 15.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 71
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 16.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 16.jpg
    945.9 KB · Views: 73
  • R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 17.jpg
    R Day 71 of flower - Harvest 17.jpg
    974.2 KB · Views: 68
The Green Gelato is all alone in te tent now, and it has some explosive bud growth happening. The buds are growing in all directions. The smell is the sweetest ever. At day 72 of flower.

Attachments

• GG Day 72 of flower 2.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • GG Day 72 of flower 3.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 3.jpg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 61
  • GG Day 72 of flower 4.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • GG Day 72 of flower 8.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • GG Day 72 of flower 9.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 9.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • GG Day 72 of flower 10.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 10.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • GG Day 72 of flower 11.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • GG Day 72 of flower 5.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • GG Day 72 of flower 6.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • GG Day 72 of flower 7.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 7.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60

Attachments

• GG Day 72 of flower 12.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 12.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 61
  • GG Day 72 of flower 14.jpg
    GG Day 72 of flower 14.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 57
Barney's Farm contacted me, and they want me to grow more of their plants. :oops:
They asked me which of their new strains I like, and now they sent me 3 seeds of each of these:
  • Dos Si Dos 33
  • Tropicanna Banana
  • Purple Punch
  • Glue Gelato Auto
These new strains seem so incredibly tasty, and I guess I'll be growing a bit of Barney's Farm in the near future - yeay! :Namaste::cheer:

Attachments

• GG Day 79 of flower 1.jpg
    GG Day 79 of flower 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • GG Day 79 of flower 2.jpg
    GG Day 79 of flower 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • GG Day 79 of flower 4.jpg
    GG Day 79 of flower 4.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 63
  • GG Day 79 of flower 5.jpg
    GG Day 79 of flower 5.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 58
  • GG Day 79 of flower 7.jpg
    GG Day 79 of flower 7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Wow Nicke, superb growing! :thumb: :adore:

Fantastic result. In my current grow my 2 Quadlined girls look like they are at a similar stage in flowering to when you started that major defoliation on yours. Day 18, I think it was. But mine are growing outside, I first saw early pistils in late November, but I can only guess when flowering kicked to being maybe late January, 2.5 - 3.5 weeks ago. But in your pictures when you carried out those major defoliations, it looked to me that the 'budlets' had established themselves but further down the stems the flowers were yet to fill out, which is somewhere around where mine are now. I am wondering whether I should also use this point in time to do a good thinning out like you did too. Is it just removing 80-90% of the fan leaves below the top ones?

Were you doing this to a fixed timetable on a pre-specified day of flowering, or was it done because that was the point that your eye told you was the right stage of development to do it, i.e. when budsetting has been established but yet to fill out?

And you particularly left some fan leaves at the very top. Is that supposed to be more advantageous than instead leaving the leaves at the bottom so at least the light gets less shaded out at the top - just curious if it was for a particularly reason?

What sort of yield did you get from your grow, or they're probably still curing?

I have read good things about when drying to do so with the whole plant which I noticed you were doing in your pics. I also understand drying in the dark is considered desirable but again I notice you weren't enclosing your's in cardboard or paperbags - whole plants are obviously big! My plants are pretty large and horizontally trained so I'm at a loss at how I'm going to dry them whole as well as keep them in the dark. I am just leaning on your experience asking these dumb questions, but wondered if you find drying in the dark to be not that important?

Well done with having Barney's Farm asking you to grow some of their seeds - great stuff!

Wow Nicke, superb growing! :thumb: :adore:

Fantastic result. In my current grow my 2 Quadlined girls look like they are at a similar stage in flowering to when you started that major defoliation on yours. Day 18, I think it was. But mine are growing outside, I first saw early pistils in late November, but I can only guess when flowering kicked to being maybe late January, 2.5 - 3.5 weeks ago. But in your pictures when you carried out those major defoliations, it looked to me that the 'budlets' had established themselves but further down the stems the flowers were yet to fill out, which is somewhere around where mine are now. I am wondering whether I should also use this point in time to do a good thinning out like you did too. Is it just removing 80-90% of the fan leaves below the top ones?

Were you doing this to a fixed timetable on a pre-specified day of flowering, or was it done because that was the point that your eye told you was the right stage of development to do it, i.e. when budsetting has been established but yet to fill out?

And you particularly left some fan leaves at the very top. Is that supposed to be more advantageous than instead leaving the leaves at the bottom so at least the light gets less shaded out at the top - just curious if it was for a particularly reason?

What sort of yield did you get from your grow, or they're probably still curing?

I have read good things about when drying to do so with the whole plant which I noticed you were doing in your pics. I also understand drying in the dark is considered desirable but again I notice you weren't enclosing your's in cardboard or paperbags - whole plants are obviously big! My plants are pretty large and horizontally trained so I'm at a loss at how I'm going to dry them whole as well as keep them in the dark. I am just leaning on your experience asking these dumb questions, but wondered if you find drying in the dark to be not that important?

Well done with having Barney's Farm asking you to grow some of their seeds - great stuff!

Thanks, mate!

My defoliation schedule was done by the eye. When the foliage got too thick, I defoliate. For my plants I didn't think the schedules I read up on would be suitable. Perhaps more as a rough estimate.
Your plants look beautiful and I think they'd benefit from a defoliation now. I did it according to some info I got somewhere - removed all fan leaves with a noticeable stem except for a few at the top.

My plants didn't have much space, only 0.24m2 each, so yield could have been better. The Ayahuasca Purple had very long internode distances, and that affects the yield a lot. I got:
  • Ayahuasca Purple - 101 grams
  • Rainbows - 171.9 grams
  • Green Gelato - 249.1 grams
The Green Gelato got a little extra space in the end, though, and she could spread out a little.

I'll never go back to drying cut-off branches. Drying the whole plant makes for a lot slower process. If you include the roots, or part of the roots, the plant will be alive for a few days and keep doing the photosynthesis stuff. This removes the chlorophyl and and other stuff, and it's more or less cured when it has finished drying. For the first few days the plant benefits from getting light, but after that it should be kept in the dark. I have blinds for my balcony door that I close to make the room dark when drying.

Your questions are not dumb. Keep asking to learn more :thumb:

Hey @nickeluring nice grow! Do you have any pics of the AP dried? I have 3 girls that are at day 23 since flip to 12/12 and am curious what your dried buds look like. Thanks!

Cheers mate,
I love the Ayahuasca Purple. My buds were so covered in trichomes that I dried them with some fan leaves that wrap the buds. The fan leaves are packed with trichomes and I put the whole thing in my vaporiser :volcano-smiley:
It is the first 100% Indica I've grown, and I love it! The smell is very strong like perfume.

Back
Top Bottom