Nicotine vs Cannabis

Thanks for the bump. Yea I've quit more times than I can count. longest 3 years. I can't blame my wife because like the Dr. said I light them, but If she could quit they wouldn't be around. MJ is no help I have to stay clean, we need it for my Bi-Polar wife it is the best mad she takes (though I sample sometimes). Time to loose those last three buts yep that is about all I smoke a day, but the hardest to loose.

You might mention to your wife that it'd be wise for her to quit smoking cigarettes if she's bipolar. Tobacco contains a fair amount MAOIs - which is actually why people get hooked on nicotine (which by itself isn't really addictive, it's the act of consuming it in the presence of an MAOI that causes the addictive reaction).

Ok, guess it's my turn to rejuvenate this thread?...lol

I have been a heavy 2-3 pack a day smoker since high school in 88' in which, over the past 20 years I have tried every over the counter and prescription known to man to hep me quit..with very little success!

I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it but I do know 420% I have to do this somehow.

I have jokingly said to people that I have "quit trying to quit" but this is not the answer I need to be keeping in my head...for sure!

I know some have said "just smoke more weed" but for some one living in a war zone state, I don't have access to Cannabis like that of a MMJ state and the black market weed is not always that easy to get so...?

I just know that, when you start lighting up 2 cig's at once because you forgot you already had one lit, their's a problem.

I can't even sit in a car without getting nervous about needing a smoke, hell, I cant even be around someone smoking or even worse, watch someone on TV smoking without wanting to light up myself!

I am totally 420% addicted to smoking and all the while knowing I'll one day wind up dead from these monsters!

I once bought a book entitled "101 reasons to quit smoking" and that was for sure some a wake up call for me...for about 5 minutes but my urge to smoke just kept driving the car.

I'm still not sure what the answer is?

I do know that my temper get's totally out of hand when ever I try to stop and for the sake of the people around me, I always start back.

Oh, how I long for an easy way to quit but I honestly don't know of one?

The only thing I have yet to try is hypnotism...has this ever worked for any of you?

At this point in my life, I'll try ANYTHING! But what works? I just don't know?

Any ideas or suggestions anyone has will be greatly appreciated as I need all the support I can get on this one :adore:

Thank you guys for understanding and I look forward to hearing any feedback on this subject you have :thanks:

~420 Warrior

You and me bro. It's easy to quit I've done it a dozen times... and started again. I just quit again, so I'm here for you. Have you tried the rubber-band? Put a big rubber-band on your wrist and give it a little snap when the craving gets you and a bigger snap if you give in. Not enough to leave a mark just enough to feel it. It gets hard in sets of three, 3hours 3days 3weeks 3months 3years and 3wives. Joking about the wives :goodluck:

You and me bro. It's easy to quit I've done it a dozen times... and started again. I just quit again, so I'm here for you. Have you tried the rubber-band? Put a big rubber-band on your wrist and give it a little snap when the craving gets you and a bigger snap if you give in. Not enough to leave a mark just enough to feel it. It gets hard in sets of three, 3hours 3days 3weeks 3months 3years and 3wives. Joking about the wives :goodluck:

I feel ya 420% on the tried to quit 420 x 420 times but with stress comes weakness.

I don't know if its like this for you guys but for myself, every day just seems to brings on a new set of something stressful to have to deal with, whether it be at work or bills or that D word you mentioned or what ever it be...it's all stressful!

In this time of recession, not one of us are immune to sudden and unwanted hardship in our lives and I am no different, with this being said, I'm not here to make excuses about why I can't seem to quit because simply...there are no excuses. ;)

This is the way it always seems to go, One day I'll just be in a good mood all day it seems and of course I'll just be stacking away and thin it'll dawn on me that "hey, I ought to try and quit smoking today...cool! yea, I'll do just that!"

Then, I'll actually put them down and try and be all serious about it...even for a couple of days sometimes, I'll even be all excited about it and everything.

So another couple of days go ok until...?!!! Something terrible will happen and I'll get all kind of stressed to the of even being pissed of about stuff....And that's when it happens, I won't care about myself anymore, I just start right back lighting one right after another like a freight train.

Most of the time when something bad happens like that I almost feel trapped by the situation to the point of claustrophobia, like life is just crumbling dowh around me and my only outlet for this is my cigarette.

I would like to think that I'll just have smooth sailing everyday for about 420 days so that I'll have un-stressful times in my life but I know in my heart that there is always those bad time and at this point I have come to the realization that it's pretty much a loosing battle...so what's the point?

Now I know in my heart I shouldn't think this way but it just wears on me all the time now and I just feel defeated and drained with the notion of quitting my terrible smoking habit.

Now with all that being said, I'm still open to something that really works, and I mean REALLY works...some that's foolproof, me being the fool I am and all...lol

Now I know my brother want's to help me but I'll caution him, it ain't going to be easy...I'm a pretty hard nut to crack...lol

I guess what I should try to do is focus all my stress on something else? But what? How?...I would say when? but I already know the answer to that one...NOW!!!

And yea...I'm sitting here smoking right now while I'm writing this...GRRR!!!

I have smoked weed since the early 70's, but have never smoked a cig in my life. The only tobacco I have ever used has been when I was introduced to mixing it with weed in Canada when I lived up there.

I hear that nicotine is every bit as addictive as heroin, yet since I've mixed quite a bit of tobacco with weed, I'm wondering if I might get addicted, yet to date, I don't think that's happened as I've had no craving to light up a "legal" smoke.

Congrats on quitting.

I have been smoking cigs for 19 years now and I am going to try and quit once the holidays are over. Smoking cigs is probably the most pointless thing somebody can start doing. It is a complete waste of money and and it is hard as can be to quit.

Everytime I smoke a cigaret my hands smell, my mouth tastes bad, and head rush makes me feel sick after a while, I still havent found any reason for smoking it!

Its been long overdue for me. I've smoked for a long time (50 yrs), guit for a few years when I had my first heart attack. Since then I have started smoking again and had a wake up call from a friend who cares about me. Today I have quit for the 1st day. Its been really hard. I love to smoke my favorite bud but I have to be clear headed throughout the day. So if it seems like I'm not me, your right! lolol. I want to slap the crap out of somebody, but its just me at the office so I'm munching on almonds but the bag is almost gone. What has helped the most is rolling up one and pretend I'm smoking but not lighting. I think I'm going to have to light up and take a small toke. So if I'm a tad slow please understand I don't want any excuses to start again. I'd rather be in boot camp right now than this. I've stopped gambling, drinking and eating healthy, keeping regulated on cannabis concentrated oil (duh, going to up the dose a tad) and this is the last obstacle left, well almost. I still need to eat even healthier. At 65 I never thought I would give up all the things I thought I loved, but you have to learn its not giving up your addictions it is just pointing them in different directions. There is always time to change your life style for the better. I have to many sons, a daughter, grandchildren and a great grandson and my wife to live for, not to mention my friends. I want to be with them as long as possible and enjoy the beauty of nature. OK, have to light up :lot-o-toke:

Congrats and good luck brother! These 2 weeks will pass before you know it. I'd strongly recommend telling everyone around you that you will be a little lethargic for the next 2 weeks because you have to medicate with Cannabis in place of the nicotine, until the withdrawal fades away. You are saving your life, so just as they would understand if you were in the hospital detoxing for 2 weeks, I'm sure they'll be fine with you being a tad slower than usual for 2 weeks. The thing that worked for me was using a glass bat packed with Cannabis and taking a hit or two from it every time I wanted a cig. Hold it just like a cig and puff it just like a cig to trick the brain and change the hand to mouth routine. It will also save you from abusing others around you. :goodluck:

Thanks 420 for your support! I'm just trying to figure out what to replace this bad habit with? Gambling and drinking was replaced by bowling 20 years ago, eating really unhealthy was replaced by building kayaks and smoking will be replaced by nuts? :hmmmm:

It will get easier and easier as the days pass and you'll get over the urgent need to eat something over the next few weeks, you'll see. Add some options to your nut mix, get some blueberries, raisins, cranberries, etc. Cut up some celery and carrot sticks, pack the fridge with fruit; oranges, pears, kiwi, etc. Lots of good stuff coming into season, take a trip to Trader Joes and see what they have in their Organic section. Then there's always exercise, like doing 25 jumping jacks or push ups every time you feel the urge. So many healthy things to replace it with, shall I continue or is that a good start? :high-five:

Maybe I need a spanking! LOLOL. Got the exact same advice from my daugher and Mo. I upped the dose also and already the urge is leaving. I love all those munchies you listed. I was thinking tying a rope around myself attaching it to a pole and running until I collapsed to expel the poison in me:thumb:
Its a great start and thank you for your support Brother!

It will get easier and easier as the days pass and you'll get over the urgent need to eat something over the next few weeks, you'll see. Add some options to your nut mix, get some blueberries, raisins, cranberries, etc. Cut up some celery and carrot sticks, pack the fridge with fruit; oranges, pears, kiwi, etc. Lots of good stuff coming into season, take a trip to Trader Joes and see what they have in their Organic section. Then there's always exercise, like doing 25 jumping jacks or push ups every time you feel the urge. So many healthy things to replace it with, shall I continue or is that a good start? :high-five:

Ive been smoking cigarrettes since i was ten.. a bad age to start i know. But im now 23 and very recently as in 3 months ago had a lung collapse... then the other did the same.. and then again 19hrs after being sent home from hospital. The first day i was admitted to hospital i quit smoking from the fear of dying and havent looked back i dont even think think about cigs anymore. I do however smoke blunts still i just cant say goodbye to mary jane that easy she has got me through so much in my life hard times and good. But now im growing my own i know its clean and mot sprayed with sand.. fiberglass or some other nasty products commercial growers use to make there shit weigh more. But i habe never felt healthier! Keep it up fella you will feel alot better in just a few weeks and mary jane will help you through the hard times. Just dont be tempted by the devil that is in the cigarettes that gets into your head.. he is bad for you and that angel mary jane is the one who will care for you through it all... peace brother i hope you managed to quit.

Back
Top Bottom