Nitrogen toxicity in flowering

Rybolot

420 Member
Hi all!

My girls are in 6th week of flowering(counting since 12/12) and I just realised that they could have Nitrogen excess. I was using full Canna Coco line and doing as in official Light Feeding Schedule, Im growing under 2x450 LED lamps . Yesterday i flushed them a little, there is a net above them and i cannot reach all of them so i simply made 3 x times normal amount of ph'd water and run it through drip system.after that normal amount of weak nute mixture. Sorry for my bad grammar but english its not my first language .

Is there anything i can do to save my crop?

Strain is Amnesia Core cut (9weeker)

IMG_20210403_165547.jpg

IMG_20210403_165555.jpg

IMG_20210403_165802.jpg

IMG_20210402_171946.jpg

@NuttyProfessor @GoogleGenie I know you guys have used coco. Thought maybe you could help. Don't look too bad and I reckon the OP has done the right thing.
i agree vet , seen a lot worse , ride it out with weak nutes for a while , (N) is easy to shift , its the first to leave in a flush ,
are the bottom leaves really green a real dark green ? if not then your good to go ,you just over did it a little bit :) ,

i agree vet , seen a lot worse , ride it out with weak nutes for a while , (N) is easy to shift , its the first to leave in a flush ,
are the bottom leaves really green a real dark green ? if not then your good to go ,you just over did it a little bit :) ,
Thanks for giving me hope! Bottom leaves are much less green than those on the pictures. But leaves nearest the ground started to show deficiency - they wilted and yellowed, some just died i thought its because of lack of light. Maybe some kind of N lockout?

take some pics in normal light with the full plant and pot , makes it more easy to solve :ganjamon: I think your doing good , there is no mad clawing its slight
Ok I will make some pics tomorrow ^^ Thnx a lot! there is almost no clawing but many leaves are curling down like on pics. I am worried because buds are looking small and underdeveloped for begining of 6th week i think.

once you get the (N) down you need to get the (K) into them , but slowly , they look like they have a bit to go , plenty of white pistols , you can do it there is time , too much (N) stalls flowering but you look like your just on the side of toxicity and no more :goodluck:

Thanks Vet. I'm a little late, but totally agree. Looks like they have had a touch too much N but doesn't look to have caused any issues - good catch. As nutty has said, I'd favour lighter feeding for a bit and just keep an eye :thumb:

Lovely looking ladies though mate :bravo:

Thanks Vet. I'm a little late, but totally agree. Looks like they have had a touch too much N but doesn't look to have caused any issues - good catch. As nutty has said, I'd favour lighter feeding for a bit and just keep an eye :thumb:

Lovely looking ladies though mate :bravo:
Cheers mate. Knew you guys would be all over it. @Rybolot did well to recognise it and act.

Looks really good, I don't think you have a problem you can't correct, as long as your plants are healthy, and they look healthy.

Thanks all for kind words and help! Bottom leaves are showing some kind of deficiency , and also i found couple leaves with strange spots on them. Could it be TMV ? I made more pics but somehow my phone didnt save them :/

46e56bfe-914d-41ba-89ef-4c5200008d05.jpg

c8779d08-c29e-4979-8229-db2f9a1d2b22.jpg

I am not an expert on coco growing, however, I do know that you have to buy it buffered with Cal/mag , or if not buffered, you have to buffer it yourself. It is said in coco if you don't buffer it, sooner or later, you will see cal / mag issues, so that is the first thing that should be determined. Again, not an expert, nor have I had any success in coco, it's something I like, and would like to try in the future, so I did get a little of information.

You have to control your PH and PPMs at the root zone, and that may not be necessarily the exact same as your nutrient solution. There is math involved to figure it out. There are some good resources on all of the above, you can duckduck go it, and it will come up in a search. good luck.

UPDATE: Looking at your pics, I see that you have tip burn, likely an issue with your ppm being too high.

I am not an expert on coco growing, however, I do know that you have to buy it buffered with Cal/mag , or if not buffered, you have to buffer it yourself. It is said in coco if you don't buffer it, sooner or later, you will see cal / mag issues, so that is the first thing that should be determined. Again, not an expert, nor have I had any success in coco, it's something I like, and would like to try in the future, so I did get a little of information.

You have to control your PH and PPMs at the root zone, and that may not be necessarily the exact same as your nutrient solution. There is math involved to figure it out. There are some good resources on all of the above, you can duckduck go it, and it will come up in a search. good luck.

UPDATE: Looking at your pics, I see that you have tip burn, likely an issue with your ppm being too high.
yes you are right tips are burned. I checked my runoff ec and its higher than it should be. I will try flushing again with flushing agent but maybe it is better to wait couple days? im afraid of root rot .
shops are also closed because of easter.

yes you are right tips are burned. I checked my runoff ec and its higher than it should be. I will try flushing again with flushing agent but maybe it is better to wait couple days? im afraid of root rot .
shops are also closed because of easter.

Root rot is generally not be a problem since coco is the opposite of soil and does Not retain water much, as long as it has been prepared properly and your pots are not sitting on run-off water.

Root rot is generally not be a problem since coco is the opposite of dirt and does Not retain water much, as long as it has been prepared properly and your pots are not sitting on run-off water.
I have problem with doing proper flush, do you think that simply rising amount of runoff and cutting nutes will do the trick? I think i will not be able to buy flushing agent before tuesday.

I don't believe you need any flushing agents in coco, just plain water. And as I recall the rule for coco is to feed immediately after you flush (with the corrected mix).
I was thinking about flushing agent because i cannot make full flush :( too much runoff to handle.

Back
Top Bottom