Nivana's Chrystal 11 Weeks Into Veg - Advice Welcome!

hello akgrowbig and thank you for dropping by! i checked out your journal...your plants look awesome! are you going to scrog them or just use the training? i debated that, myself, but then decided to build the net...it was pretty easy and i like the way the flowers are held up by the screen.

my goodness what a long hall to where you are now!

it doesn't feel like a long time...i've been learning so much and V is such an excellent teacher and i really like seeing the plants respond. i want to bring them all back, if i can, and make them productive. the clones will be my harvest while i use these 4 in the classroom to learn. :)

and that tea! omigosh...it's really awesome!

hi V!

Nice to see the difference in those clones!!!

you can see it in the picture? it's really obvious in the room...this might show it a little better...4 on the left just darker and more robust...

2016-01-12_15_04_31.jpg

the 4 patients are looking better this morning. tomorrow, i want to take them out of the tent and spend some more time pruning...not a lot to take off, but there are a few branches that need to go. i'll take pictures as i go. thank you for being there!! i would never have gotten this far by myself...

What I think is really nice to see is the width of the leaves. The tea'd ones have wide blades...I think it is noticeable. The other ones have much thinner smaller ones.

Good to see...I think only 1 person I have had use it so far has done it wrong but everyone else seems very happy. The one who messed it up knew what they did wrong but luckily their grow isn't in bad shape like yours was so it isn't needed. Nice to have but honestly if you start with a good soil that has microbes all you have to do is keep them alive and breeding.

You did all the work...I just nudged you in "the right" direction.

:goodjob:

And Yes I thought the original picture was obvious and more clear actually.

why so few leaves on these plants? some people do the defliate thing, at the wrong time. they need leaves, to use as solar panels. only when the leaves get in the way of buds, do i selectivly remove them. i do lollipop the lower branches away. but only a week before flipping. i learned, that after any real pruning, they need time in veg, to heal, so they can devote their time to bud, after they are in 12/12.
I currently have three regular Chrystal in veg. i have taken three cuttings each off them. Hope at least one is a girl. this is why i use fem seeds now. let b.s to go thru. i read, on another site, that a fellow said this strian, has the highest flower to leaf ratio he has seen. period. a snap to clean. no real trimming did he have to do. and, of all their white strains, he claimed this one had the best smoke. good luck with these. after 8 years in this hobby, i have yet to use any scrog, etc. just pots and sticks. super crop, fimm, etc. probably why my yields are small. check out my pics.
P3241652.JPG
P3211632.JPG
P2211598.JPG
PC271515.JPG
PB301423.JPG
the real huge bud, is god bud.

for the pale plants, or all for that matter, mix one tsp per gallon with your nutes, or just water, of epsom salts. this is pure mg. and may green em up. it wont hurt, in either case.

it's working keep it up! I know what you mean VilliageIdiot is super knowledgeable! I may try this tea out some day! I am not going to use a net. I thought of a way to use bamboo sticks and electrical tape lol. I've had to train them hard here the past few days but they are looking good and recovering nicely.

did you use a fishing net. or did you use wire to build your net?

hi cannilingus and welcome! you have beautiful plants...and good to hear about the chrystal!

these 4 plants have no leaves because i very nearly killed them and at the last moment decided i would see if they can be saved. villiageidiot very kindly and very generously offered to help me restore them...so this journal is a classroom on how to save nearly dead plants....welcome along!

it's working keep it up! I know what you mean VilliageIdiot is super knowledgeable! I may try this tea out some day! I am not going to use a net. I thought of a way to use bamboo sticks and electrical tape lol. I've had to train them hard here the past few days but they are looking good and recovering nicely.

did you use a fishing net. or did you use wire to build your net?

hi akgrowbig and thank you for the encouraging words! i don't think i'll ever grow again without the tea...the difference in the clones is too striking...

to build my net, i had just the right size chicken wire in the garden shed and i had some electric conduit in the garage waiting around to be useful....so all i had to buy was the joints...i like the way it holds the buds up so easy to see...but this is the first time i've tried it so we will see!

hi V! i agree...the first picture shows better the difference...wish you could see it in person...it's really remarkable how wide the leaves are!

so here are the 4 patients, today. i did not trim much at all, except one (i think) #2. it had a stem i've been wanting to whack for days...lol. i took the front and back of each one except the one that i whacked...i took before and after pictures of it....so what do you think?

2016-01-13_15_59_32.jpg

2016-01-13_15_59_14.jpg

2016-01-13_15_54_50.jpg

2016-01-13_15_54_34.jpg

2016-01-13_15_58_11.jpg

2016-01-13_15_57_18.jpg

2016-01-13_15_51_53.jpg

2016-01-13_15_51_28.jpg

2016-01-13_15_46_50.jpg

2016-01-13_15_46_32.jpg

V I was going to send you a pm but apparently iv got to post 50 times before I can do so lol just wanted to say much respect sent your way from ohio cause you definitely are one hell of a teacher my friend. Iv read lots of stuff over the last 10 or more years on growing and most I understand and some not so much but your post always set me back and make me take notes. If you ever wright a book bro I will be the first in line to buy a copy if not two.

V I was going to send you a pm but apparently iv got to post 50 times before I can do so lol just wanted to say much respect sent your way from ohio cause you definitely are one hell of a teacher my friend. Iv read lots of stuff over the last 10 or more years on growing and most I understand and some not so much but your post always set me back and make me take notes. If you ever wright a book bro I will be the first in line to buy a copy if not two.

haha been there! with V as well.. I hope you don't minde me calling you that too lol. it's just I don't feel rite calling you and idiot lol. he actually helped me hit over 50! + rep big time for V! he also helped me figure out EC and how it works! thanks to him my girls are stinking up just a few days in 12/12. I am actually shocked how much they are eating now. pistols are forming everywhere and resin is actually starting to form!

Well I am kinda old and from a different generation with a different set of values. I am not on here to make friends or be cool. The self deprecation in the handle makes it almost too simple to catch trolls. People like to make fun of me and are lacking in intelligence so much they go after my handle. So then I don't have to fight them LOL. You wouldn't believe how often I get attacked on here. I almost stopped posting mid December. If it weren't for this and 2 other journals where I promised I would help I wouldn't be on here any more.

People act like this is a competition as to who gets to solve the problem and start attacking each other. Like really?.. none of this matters for me. I don't get paid. I will never meet any of you. I am from a generation who still can see the internet objectively and l know none of you are real. My pride is not based on anything on here. And we can only be "friends" in as much as pen pals.

It is nice to hear the kind words here and there but I am just here as it is about the best way I can fight back against the laws.

I don't have a journal...I don't have a cool name, I don't run around post licks of my stuff to show off. What I do is hunt for posts with little or no responses or incomplete responses and I try to add something there. I stay away form threads where there are lots of good growers helping. And I try hard not to answer really bad questions...sometimes I just can't help myself. That is how I ended up here.

Navigator posted pics of these things almost dead. Everyone told here to throw them out and start over. I made a snarky remark but said something like "But if you want to I can show you how to bring them back...it will just take a long time and you are probably better just getting going with the clones..."

I am willing to help people who are here for the right reasons. Especially small home growers. I feel like you shouldn't go big time until you can handle all this and more independently. I also don't feel too comfortable helping someone break the laws for a profit. But for someone in some backwoods state where they just can't find weed...man I will do what I can to get you independent and growing your own.

ok V, i'm doing each plant individually..."treat'em like individuals," he said...

edit: i should add the humidifier went dry overnight so the humidity in the tent was about 34% this morning...

so here is #5...if these pictures do not show what you need to see, let me know and i'll do it again!

2016-01-14_10_30_23.jpg

2016-01-14_10_29_43.jpg

2016-01-14_10_29_34.jpg

2016-01-14_10_29_00.jpg

2016-01-14_10_28_49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom