No strong aroma: nearing end of grow

longjon18

Hey everyone,

I am mid week 14 of my first gorilla glue auto grow. She is an all organic grow and is pretty stunted from my guess the heat. I am just wondering why when I open my tent I barely get any aroma, the only time I really do is if I run my fingers along the bud.
any help or advice is greatly appreciated
Thank you,
Jon

I am aware of the cat hair on some of the buds, I don’t know their hair got in there but I am going to take the time to clean it all up

347014B1-6EBA-47EB-BAB9-02ECCC03941B.jpeg

4C8F14E4-DADE-42A7-984E-03E7224F0692.jpeg

ACB21410-3A48-499A-878C-71095BC4CC93.jpeg

3B62A65E-27F6-4961-BDB7-B6B51D4B37CE.jpeg

F1F1A8DD-C3F1-463F-8409-94C40054A952.jpeg

57771682-4CC6-4637-BC33-B54F81A1A7C0.jpeg

FDC4B658-D633-410D-86A7-EC49022337AB.jpeg

49B36837-C266-4EED-A71A-23C964E8864D.jpeg

425A39F2-7346-4C3F-B760-6FB6A76A005F.jpeg

It's just a first grow, it will get better with experience. Took me 3 grows to get a decent smell. I don't grow auto's but she looks a little past harvest time to me.
I have one of those jeweler’s loupes, her trichomes are cloudy, like a tiny tiny tiny bit are amber. I know you want mostly cloudly, roughly like 10-20% amber right?

Yea by the trichomes you are probably right. But the plant looks like it's late in the harvest window. Perhaps that's due to the high heat. Also high heat will diminish terpene production and evaporate some of the terps that are already there. Could be why you're not noticing a heavy smell.

Yea by the trichomes you are probably right. But the plant looks like it's late in the harvest window. Perhaps that's due to the high heat. Also high heat will diminish terpene production and evaporate some of the terps that are already there. Could be why you're not noticing a heavy smell.
So do you think I should cut her down now or wait for more amber?

Echo above - they look like they’ve had a bit of a rough run, and some of that heat can be hell on terpenes / smell. The do look from far away to be long in the harvest window, but the jewelers loupe would be the best indicator…
So do you think I should try to push it or just cut her down?

It is totally up to you if you want to cut it and start a new. It does, from what I can see, have mostly cloudy trich's. It would be more of an uplifting buzz. If you want more couch lock, wait a week.

It is totally up to you if you want to cut it and start a new. It does, from what I can see, have mostly cloudy trich's. It would be more of an uplifting buzz. If you want more couch lock, wait a week.
Okay thank you for the input, from the looks of the jewelers loupe it seems to have mostly cloudy, so I think I will cut her down now since I like a more uplifting anyways plus she is so stressed from heat I feel like I would do more damage having her go on, but I am no expert as this is more first grow so I just want the best I can get at this point so I can enjoy it

What’s the average temperature for you?
Its been at 80-85° sometimes hitting up to 90° for awhile now, its been so hot since of the location I put my tent, it doesn't have the best airflow, thankfully I am moving to a bigger apartment at the end of the month so I’ll have a room to put the tent so it has better airflow and will have an actual a/c in the room.

Its been at 80-85° sometimes hitting up to 90° for awhile now, its been so hot since of the location I put my tent, it doesn't have the best airflow, thankfully I am moving to a bigger apartment at the end of the month so I’ll have a room to put the tent so it has better airflow and will have an actual a/c in the room.
I had the same problem in my current location. The grow tent would heat up the room, it would get ‘trapped’ and then the house A/C wouldn’t kick on because the rest of the house was cool. I didn’t want to A/C just the grow room, so I put a big 800 CFM barn fan (yeah, I don’t care about noise) that pushes cooler air into the room and forces the hot air out. Dropped my tent temperatures by 4-5 degrees without A/C, for whatever that might be worth…. Enjoy the harvest!

Even clones in my climate controlled grow room are different each time they flower so there is no, one dead set normal for plants. I have had strains that flowered 16 weeks with no amber at all but were phenomenal smoke. Plants with absolutely no smell growing, but after the cure, in a sealed mason jar, it filled the room with odor.
Control your heat on the next grow but as for this one, It aint over till the fat joint sings!

I never had much look with auto's myself always seemed small...

You do get strains with low odour in veg, flowering which can stink out the house once cured, smoked or baked with in cakes.

Growing cannabis has many surprise's & like growing any plant it will always be a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom