Northern Lights & Sour Cream 150W CMH Soil by Mongol 2011

Lookin good so far!

Eager to see how that 150 CMH performs. That's the open rated bulb that only works on pulse start metal halide ballasts right?

Either way, pullin up a seat for the ride :popcorn:

the are looking real good :smokin: when u plan on lst'ing them?

LST has stared right now :D you can see pictures about it below

That's the open rated bulb that only works on pulse start metal halide ballasts right?

I really don't know man, this is a CMH bulb 3000K with G12 type socket. the ballast is a normal 150W HPS ballast.

i'm operating with this bulb:
Philips CDM-T 150W G12 930 Deluxe Warm White

Day 17:
Girls are doing as well as they did before. the differeces between the two strains have started to appear now. the northern lights has typical indica leaves, and the sour cream has more sativa-like leaves now.

sour cream:
a109.JPG

a1112.JPG

northern lights:
a1310.JPG

a1210.JPG

sour cream at the left, northern lights at the right:
a144.JPG

sour cream after LST:
a153.JPG

northern lights after LST:
a163.JPG

sour cream at the left, northern lights at the right after LST:
a173.JPG

3000k??? Isnt that leaning more towards flowering as far as the color of that bulb?

Otherwise they look like they are doing great. Looking good dude, good luck. How are you dealing with the cal/mag deficiency? cal/mag or lime?

i'm not really understand your question due to my poor English skills. sorry. this 3000k bulb is more suitable for flowering, but i have only this one. i know that a 4200k cmh bulb or a mh bulb is better for veg, but as you can see on my pictures, my plants are in good condition.
i handle the mg deficiency with a nutrient that contains only mg. i wouldn't like to write the brand and name of that nute due to security reasons. that nute is available only in my country. anyway, this is not a special cannabis nute, but this is a normal plant fertilizer.

I was asking about the light being more for flowering, not telling, I just know the bulb colors and you mentioned 3000k. I am not familiar with the CMH or MH for that matter. But for probably $20 you could get a reflector and a few 6500k CFL bulbs (the spiral energy saver type) and put 2 on each plant and still cost you less to run than a CMH or any HID light really and be running veg. type bulbs, when you go to flowering turn on the CMH or add it to the CFLs. Or do that, get a couple 6500k CFLs and add them into the mix with the CMH. I dont know how much it will slow the growth (they actually look like they are growing pretty good to me though) if at all with no veg color. Maybe one of the more educated members could answer that. I havent learned that much about the lights, I know what lights should be used when but I dont know the effects of using the opposite that should be in use.

Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck with your grow.

whitey78 you are correct.

6500k is optimal for vegging. While cannabis will grow under 2700k you would find a notable improvement in growth if said plant was under 6500k for the exact same period. 6500k gives your plants a chance at peak chlorophyll activity.

The suns 'real' kelvin temperature is somewhere around 5,800 degrees kelvin, but because the sun is not a perfect 'black body' (the standard for calculating kelvin temperatures of light) its adjusted kelvin temperature is somewhere around 6,400 degrees kelvin.

6,400 degrees kelvin is predominantly 'bluish-white' light and this is the best kind of light and kelvin temperature for vegetative growth - primarily because in nature the time of year Cannabis is in vegetative growth is during the long hot days of summer where the suns daylength is the longest and receives the most 6,400k light. The reasons it changes for flowering is again because of the predominance of the kind of light found from the sun when Cannabis enters it's floral stage - usually at the start of Autumn or Fall when the days get shorter and the nights longer thus reducing down the daylength significantly. Sunrise and Sunset account for almost 50% of the suns light during the short days of Autumn/Fall and sunrise and sunset are made up of almost entirely red spectrum light due to the angle of the suns rays hitting the earths surface. Therefore as sunrise and sunset account for almost 50% of the sun total light output at that time of year it necessarily follows that 50% of that light will be entirely in the red end of the visible spectrum - hence the 2,700k colour temperature being favoured for flowering.

spectrum.png

i know all theese things, but as i mentioned before, my budget is limited. i have a set of 2X55w pl-l (1x6500K daylight and 1X8000K skywhite), which are more suitable for veg stage, but unfortunately one of the tubes was broken. when i have money to purchase another one, i will change the cmh for pl-l for veg stage.
thanx for the advices!

day 31

the plants feel good i think. they don't have any deficiencies or illnesses. they are growing well. i'm not sure that the 4/20 flower switch is reachable because they will have been too big by 20th April, but that's not a problem of course :thumb:
maybe i'll swith them to 12/12 2 or 3 weeks later.
they still haven't got any nutes, just boosters. i'm gonna feed them from the last week of the veg stage.

i started another project with 3 pcs of Roadrunner#2 they are in germination phase. i'm gonna plant them 6-8 hrs later. i will open a new thread for that project

Pics:
northern light (left) sour cream (right)
a201.JPG

a2110.JPG

a2210.JPG

Back
Top Bottom