Not 100% sure what the issue is exactly

spiralout

Hello, been a while but I've pulled out the ole growing euipment and run smack into this issue Ive not encountered before. I did some reading and I thought it might be a) lights too close, b) zinc c) too much water. But Im just not sure.

It's in Canna Coco. Using Canna A+B they've had one half strength nutes. The medium is pretty soaked though from when I rinsed it, I dont think I let it dry enough.

Appreciate thoughts and assistance. Peace.

Image.png

As its coco i would flush if its needed.
But i would not flush and leave to dry with plan water it would need a feed not long after with nutes.
Coco needs feeding every feed your just looking to wash away whats in it now.
Coco also does not hold on to nutes like soil a good flush its like starting over.
Please dont treat it like a soil grow. ;)

I'd defer to @Bill284 but I know he says coco should never dry out and as others have said, feeding with every watering.
Morning Azi :ciao: :thanks:
You must know coco by now.
You nailed it.
Feed every day to run off with full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph exactly.
Always put cal mag in your plain water first.
No plain water ever, always keep it wet though with nutrients.
@spiralout check my threads on how to run coco.
I keep microbes and fungi alive in mine for root health.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hello, been a while but I've pulled out the ole growing euipment and run smack into this issue Ive not encountered before.
I suggest a new photograph of your plant. Same angle looking down and all that but it should be showing the natural colors as we would see them if we were there looking at the plant in person.

Turn off the grow light. Turn on a white light using a table lamp or even the ceiling light or even taking the photo in sunlight. That way we see the natural progression of the green in leaves and what shades of yellow or brown might be showing at the tips or along the finger edges. As it is, right now the photo is just shades of purple and blue.;).

It's in Canna Coco. Using Canna A+B they've had one half strength nutes.
Is this one dose at half strength? Or, is it "one half" of the recommended dose? Two different things and the true colors will help to tell if the plant is showing a deficiency or an over-dose from starting the fertilizing schedule too soon.

No matter what, it is a nice looking seedling.

So I flushed them out with tap water and followed it with demineralised distilled ph 6 water. They seem to be doing ok. Thank you.

Pics are attached as requested.

I was used 2ml A + 2ml B per 1 liter so half full strength dose. I wont use any more nutes for a few days.

PHOTO (1).png

PHOTO (2).png

I say flush let dry flush again wait till it gets a little bigger to feed her
In coir you have to feed with every watering since the medium is inert and holds no nutrients or pH buffers. You need to constantly replenish the minerals with a pH balanced plant food. Otherwise pH will crash and plant will wilt and die. Coir is hydro, think hydroton or clay pebbles, coir get treated the same way. Never ever let the medium dry out!

OT: You're probably on point with to much light. They need very little in the beginning. Get yourself a pH and EC meter and feed 0.3 EC at pH 6.0-6.5 in the beginning and increase gradually.

Cheers!

I just ordered some Cal Mag thanks to those that suggested it. Will be a new thing for me.
You should NOT add Calmag to Canna Coco A+B. It contains more Ca and Mg than most Cal-Mag products themselves at 7% CaO and 3% MgO. Adding more will give you issues, don't destroy a working formula intended and designed specifically for Coco coir!

When you get your Cal Mag you're free to check the listed ingredients and compare that to Canna Coco A+B. You should not change a proven formula, adding Calmag for no reason or gain is very contra productive.

So I flushed them out with tap water and followed it with demineralised distilled ph 6 water. They seem to be doing ok. Thank you.

I was used 2ml A + 2ml B per 1 liter so half full strength dose. I wont use any more nutes for a few days.
Sounds like you are back to square one and ready to start over again with a daily watering to keep the coco moist. Plus @Bill284 usually recommends a daily feeding for growing in coco coir.

Sounds like you are back to square one and ready to start over again with a daily watering to keep the coco moist. Plus @Bill284 usually recommends a daily feeding for growing in coco coir.
I mentioned a good technique for keeping coco girls happy.
All the important details.
Not sure what happened.
But full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph daily. With calmag first.
To runoff, no plain water ever.
Good morning Smoke. :ciao:
Hope you had a nice weekend.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom