Not 100% sure what the issue is exactly

In the past Ive used Coir and Canna A + B with pretty stellar results. From the reading I've done the requirement for Cal Mag would be dependent on the water youre using, as per Canna's website anyway. Below is one of my previous grows, unfortunately I cant find photos of my finished product, but wont make that mistake this time :D

Im open to using Cal Mag but not sure I want to mess with a process Ive proven already given I cant afford to mess with this grow. I do appreciate the advice, suggestions, and wisdom of you all here.

led will pull a bit more calmag out depending on what you are using for lighting. coco has a tendency to be more calmag dependent as well. if you're running a pheno that's more sensitive it will show up under those conditions.

In the past Ive used Coir and Canna A + B with pretty stellar results. From the reading I've done the requirement for Cal Mag would be dependent on the water youre using, as per Canna's website anyway. Below is one of my previous grows, unfortunately I cant find photos of my finished product, but wont make that mistake this time :D

Im open to using Cal Mag but not sure I want to mess with a process Ive proven already given I cant afford to mess with this grow. I do appreciate the advice, suggestions, and wisdom of you all here.

Calmag is never needed with Canna Coco A+B. I've used it with RO water from start to finish. They're just after your money, Canna didn't use to have a Calmag product for 25+ years but added it by market demands.

I mentioned a good technique for keeping coco girls happy.
All the important details.
Not sure what happened.
But full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph daily. With calmag first.
To runoff, no plain water ever.
Good morning Smoke. :ciao:
Hope you had a nice weekend.
😎
Not sure what happened either but I suspect that @spiralout's comment about the coco coir being "pretty soaked" after the rinsing and then mentioning "I dont think I let it dry enough." threw the discussion off track.

There is a new photo showing more of the true colors. I am not sure that the photo shows that the plant has signs of having been given too many nutrients, especially since it is getting a 1/2 dose at what sounds like every couple of days.

This chart is better than canna calculator if u use that i used to use this i go off EC now stick to the lower amount unless u see it needs more food and u should be good canna calculator runs hotter especially at the start also feed daily in coco
1688413250475.png

As its coco i would flush if its needed.
But i would not flush and leave to dry with plan water it would need a feed not long after with nutes.
Coco needs feeding every feed your just looking to wash away whats in it now.
Coco also does not hold on to nutes like soil a good flush its like starting over.
Please dont treat it like a soil grow. ;)
Best advice so far. You forgot the Cal-Mag part though. You have to use C.M. with Coco. No way around it.
Edit: I've never used Canna A&B so can't speak for that. I was using Advanced Nutrients when I grew in Coco.
Coco, DWC & Hydro are all a PITA due to all the watering, etc.
May I suggest you take a look at the "SIP Club" thread ? Way easier & damned near the same results as Hydro & better results than Coco. With a 6 week Veg in a SIP you will yield a pound + per plant without even trying.

Best advice so far. You forgot the Cal-Mag part though. You have to use C.M. with Coco. No way around it.
Edit: I've never used Canna A&B so can't speak for that. I was using Advanced Nutrients when I grew in Coco.
May I suggest you take a look at the "SIP Club" thread ? Way easier & damned near the same results as Hydro & better results than Coco. With a 6 week Veg in a SIP you will yield a pound + per plant without even trying.
Thanks mate somtimes feels like im talking to myself hence me not speaking much.
Think i leave the help to the so called pros from now on. ;)

There's more Ca and Mg in Canna Coco A+B compared to Calmag from AN. Why someone would want to add more N, Ca and Mg to a formula designed specifically for coir is beyond me? You don't have to use "Calmag". You have to compensate the leaching properties of the medium.

You may use Calcium nitrate and Epsom salt or gypsum and dolomite lime to achieve the same results. "You have to use Calmag in coir" is a very simple and naive answer. Coir is hydro hence you'll get hydro results if done properly.

If you have to flush you're overfeeding. Plain and simple. Whatever floats your boat though!

if you did need calmag it wouldn't be much. i'd never start with a full dose. if / when you do need it start with a half dose or less and work up depending on how the plant responds.

i haven't seen an analysis on the canna nutes. their site doesn't look to have published one. i do know other folk on the board have used some previous. i doubt anyone needed a full dose.

edit : i do note they base their estimated feed amounts with a base water at EC 0.00. suggesting they are bringing the majority of the calmag with it.

@bluter
Canna Coco A/B combined is 5-4-3

A 4-0-1 CaO 4.5% MgO 0.4% Fe 0.02% Fulvic Acid
B 1-4-2 MgO 1.1% SO3 0.7% B 0.007% Cu 0.001% Mn 0.0125% Mo 0.002% Zn 0.007%

CalMag [ViTaLink] 1.8-0-0 CaO 4% MgO 1.7% Fe [EDDHA] 0.04% Fe [DPTA] 0.05%

I use it with supplemental PK in flower

Big Bud Coco 0-4-4 Ca 1% Mg 0.5% S 1% Fe 0.1%

At the recommended doses, a flush is often but not always necessary late veg/early flower
They also recommend flushing for the last 7-14 days while the bud matures

I have done entire grows on 2ml/L AB no CaMg and it was fine

@bluter
Canna Coco A/B combined is 5-4-3

A 4-0-1 CaO 4.5% MgO 0.4% Fe 0.02% Fulvic Acid
B 1-4-2 MgO 1.1% SO3 0.7% B 0.007% Cu 0.001% Mn 0.0125% Mo 0.002% Zn 0.007%

CalMag [ViTaLink] 1.8-0-0 CaO 4% MgO 1.7% Fe [EDDHA] 0.04% Fe [DPTA] 0.05%

I use it with supplemental PK in flower

Big Bud Coco 0-4-4 Ca 1% Mg 0.5% S 1% Fe 0.1%

At the recommended doses, a flush is often but not always necessary late veg/early flower
They also recommend flushing for the last 7-14 days while the bud matures

I have done entire grows on 2ml/L AB no CaMg and it was fine

yeah it carries a pile. did you get that off the bottle or the internet ?

also noted there is more than one formulation. i've been assuming we are talking about the coco formulation. they have another for soil, and a possible third (?). could make a difference. like MC i'm pretty sure they only started with the one. also like MC i remember a debate about it being organic or not - it isn't.

also noted there is more than one formulation. i've been assuming we are talking about the coco formulation. they have another for soil, and a possible third (?). could make a difference. like MC i'm pretty sure they only started with the one. also like MC i remember a debate about it being organic or not - it isn't.
Straight off the label of 2023 bottles
Yeah - Coco, Terra & Aqua - def not organic

IMG_20230704_172202738.jpg

The french and english version are different i brought some off ebay and french nutes turned up i ordered from uk. French has a npk of 5-3-3 combined they have the same cal (CaO 6.3%) and different mag (french 2.4% MgO) (uk 1.8% MgO) they both go out of date 2025 6 months apart Canna is different in different parts of the world i did use french nutes last time perfectly fine theres not a huge difference ive also never used calmag i do grow under a 400w hps though here is a pic of a couple of buds from french canna lol
IMG_20230621_173104 - Copy - Copy.jpg

there is also the bio-canna brand which got everyone confused. to make it worse it's a sub-brand of the canna brand. that's where the organic etc debate began. neither are organic. neither outright claim it either.

that may be the line that most showed calmag on.

there is also the bio-canna brand which got everyone confused. to make it worse it's a sub-brand of the canna brand. that's where the organic etc debate began. neither are organic. neither outright claim it either.

that may be the line that most showed calmag on.
canna bio is organic it's OMRI certified canna coco isn't and the person who had a problem it was to do with feeding wrong using canna soil. He fixed the problem by feeding correct he was using calmag but stopped using it and hes plant was fine. Ive always argued that u don't need calmag with any canna product my friend also used hps and led and never used cal mag with canna coco. I dont no if Wastei uses led but he said hes used canna coco with RO without calmag

Back
Top Bottom