Week 3: Add: 2 tsp Grow, 1 tsp Alg-a-mic, 1 tsp top max, 1 tsp Bloom
Week 3: Add: 1tsp grow, 1 tsp Alg-a-mic, 1 tsp top Max, 1 tsp Bloom
Day 1 12/12: Drain & Refill reservoir
ADD: 3tsp Grow, 3 tsp Alg-a-mic, 3 tsp Bloom, 1 tsp Top Max
Week 3 of 12/12: add: 3 tsp Grow, 3 tsp Alg-a-mic, 4 tsp Bloom, 1 tsp Top Max
Week 5 of 12/12: add : 3 Tsp Grow, 4 tsp Alg-a-mic, 4 tsp Bloom, 4 tsp Top Max
Week 6 of 12/12 add: 1 tsp Grow, 2 tsp Alg-a-mic, 2 tsp Bloom, 2 tsp Top Max
Flush 3-5 days before harvest.

(for sativa's or plants that have more than 7 week of bloom, continue week 8 by repeating week 6, and again in week 10 if needed)

WEEKLY FEEDING:

Week 1: 1 tsp Grow
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow
Week 3: 1 tsp Grow + 1 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 1 of 12/12 : 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 3; 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 4 tsp Top-Max
Week 6: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max

(For Sativas or plants that need 7 weeks or more to bloom, continue with week 6 until flush)

i dont see a difference in these 2 schedules so what is the difference ?? the steps look just about the same

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

Aside from Miracle grow, is there anything that I can get thats what I call "Over the counter" for my nutes? I live in a somewhat cattle and dairy oriented area, so I am assuming that this shouldn't be too difficult. Should I just go in and ask about Nitrogen rich soil(s) and or maybe additives? My seeds just 'popped' yesterday and I want to start to get ready for the actual 'week 1'...Thank you to one and all for your help. I am a traditional gardener and this is my first attempt at MJ!!!!! :)

Im no expert by any means...I use time release nuits like OC+ and Dynamite. Both cheap, and avalible in places like Lowes, Home Depot and such....

Theres some good posts and tutorials on this forum, from some very experieced growers about these nuits..they work for me, simple, almost idiot proof (something I need)

I spent a small fortune on ferts and was always in the dark, and sometime over feeding......

Aside from Miracle grow, is there anything that I can get thats what I call "Over the counter" for my nutes? I live in a somewhat cattle and dairy oriented area, so I am assuming that this shouldn't be too difficult. Should I just go in and ask about Nitrogen rich soil(s) and or maybe additives? My seeds just 'popped' yesterday and I want to start to get ready for the actual 'week 1'...Thank you to one and all for your help. I am a traditional gardener and this is my first attempt at MJ!!!!! :)

I live in the sticks too. Are you planning on growing indoors or outdoors?

Most good feed stores carry the Alaska Fish Fertilizer in their home gardening sections. Steer/Cow manure is dirt cheap. You can pick up a 3 cubic foot bag for a buck and a half or less.

The Osmocote lines are available at Tractor Supply Stores and Ace Hardware. You might have to wait a few days to get them if they're out of stock. Ace's delivery is 1-7 days,but you have to pick it up at the store. As Ace is geared to small towns,it sells everything from dishwashers to small tractors,it's always a good option. The ACE boys can even sell you and tell you how to wire up an HID light and ballast. Heck,they'll rent you the tools.

I like Tractor Supply,Southern State Co-op's, and the feed stores the local farmers use. If they don't have exactly what you want under the brand name,they've normally got house brands that will do the job. Plus,their staff's are geared to farmers,(they're usually farmers themselves), and know their stuff. It's not like walking into a big box store like HD or Lowe's and getting blank looks from a know-nothing staff when you ask for something like bonemeal.

BTW,pay in cash. Most of these folks will have good idea what you're up to from what you're asking for. The majority won't give a damn,but there's always the chance you'll run into the one guy who does.

NCDude thank you very much for your valuable input Bro! I have to LOL at your "Someting I need" quote...I see that I am in fine company here as idiot proof works best for me as well!;) As I mentioned I am a traditional gardener of about 8 yrs or so now, I learned the hard way with some choice chili peppers about over feeding! I don't make that mistake anymore. The only thing that I know I can solidly contribute to everyone is this...Please learn to be patient!!!

Learning this WILL pay off huge down the road! Something else I had to learn the hard way I might add! LOL!!! Well its day five now and the iffy looking sativa seed I shoved in the soil is about 1 3/4 inches tall and very dark green! I know its chlorofil and such but I have never seen one of these types of 'plants' start off that green before (yeah!) So I will do what is needed until sexing and hope for the best! I am looking forward to staying in touch with you and 'Firestone' throughout and beyond this process!

Blessings be upon you both!

Captkilt

Blessings and Greetings (Brother?) Firestone!

Thank you for the wonderful reply to my post. Very helpfull...I'm not too worried about our local "seed and Garden" shop. Iv'e been tapping their brains for the better part of the last five years ever since I moved here from Northern calif so they are used to me asking all sorts of different 'gardening' questions...lol!

I was just in there today as a matter of fact after work asking about nitrogen additives for my soil amendments, fortunately for me (us) tomatoes and peppers need alot of nitrogen also! it has only been this last year or two that the whole nitrogen, phosphorus and whatever thing has started to click with me. The fella's at the seed shop tossed alot of numbers at me, for kinda being out in the sticks myself man this dude could talk fast...LOL! So the homework continues.

As I mentioned to our brother NCDude I also look forward to staying in touch with you as well...but only if you are willing. I am a man of faith who has just recently come too the realization that MJ should be legal in some fashion. I would prefer to see the full on medical issue come to fruition (sorry no pun...lol) before any other legislation myself. But you folks can certainly count me in onn the struggle!

All my best to you, and blessings be upon you!

Captkilt

Using FoxFarm Ocean Forest (FFOF) I've read your not supposed to feed for the 1st 2-3 weeks because of all the food already in the soil..? Anyone already using FFOF and if so are you following this schedule listed?

That would be known as your pre-harvest flush to clear the nutirents from the soil using ph'd water only....

420, Question for ya ....

When you said Taking from your first post on this thread
"Cut the plant off at soil level. Place plant in a bucket with enough PLAIN tapwater to cover the base, but not touch lower limbs or vegetation....

Add a bubbler to the bucket to help "fool" the plant into thinking it is still alive (this only works up to 4 days before they wilt!)
Tthe plant will now use the nutrients stored in it's system . Leave under the lights at least 2 days-- up to 4 (3 is the usual amount)"

Could not one do this all all nutes so the plants don`t feed from the soil etc... and only within the plant itself...Seems like a neat way to flush and be sure no nutes???

Thanks

WEEKLY FEEDING:

Week 1: 1 tsp Grow
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow
Week 3: 1 tsp Grow + 1 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 2 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 1 of 12/12 : 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 2: 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 3; 1 tsp Grow + 3 tsp Bloom + 1 tsp Top-Max
Week 4: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max
Week 5: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 4 tsp Top-Max
Week 6: 1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max

i use bio bizz, can i put the following in 1 spray bottle at the same time:

1 tsp Grow + 4 tsp Bloom + 3 tsp Top-Max

So I just recently bought FF nutes Big bloom, Grow big and Tiger bloom. Along with the Microbe. My question is do i need every FF nutes in order to feed plants correctly. Also the tiger bloom says extra strength is this a new thing should the schedule be changed?

Any advice will be helpful.

I have dyslexia so it's hard for me to understand some of the things I read.
My new batch of plants are a week old, just starting to go to the next stage of growth. (From seed and I use soil)
Last grow I started from clones that were given to me and I used General Hydrophonics "Maxi Grow" and was wondering when I can start feeding seedlings. I have them in 'Happy Frog' soil and I didn't want to burn them.
Also, I have them under fluorescents to start. When can I go to my HPS lights? I have the one where you can turn it down from 600W to 360W. Any help will be greatly appreciated.:peacetwo:

I would like some feedback I posted in hydro forum ? about n-p-k ratio, I used Lucas formula at Cannastats for G.H. Flora my formula is 5ml Mico- 2.5ml Gro- 15ml bloom this is close to the N 100ppm- P 100ppm- K 200ppm target N=96ppm P=102ppm K=201ppm Mg=82ppm Ca=81ppm S=46ppm TDS@.7 are these good ratios for generic solution? is there any updated NPK target ratios? if there is please show me

So I just recently bought FF nutes Big bloom, Grow big and Tiger bloom. Along with the Microbe. My question is do i need every FF nutes in order to feed plants correctly. Also the tiger bloom says extra strength is this a new thing should the schedule be changed?

I was wondering the same thing, do you have to buy everything on FF list? I bought the Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. The guy at the garden store had told me that Grow Big is for veg stage and Big Bloom was for flowering stage? Do I still need the Tiger Bloom? I am truly confused?

According to the feeding schedules available on FoxFarm's website, all three main components are used to varying degree in the flowering phase. So it would seem that you would want the Tiger Bloom too.

FoxFarm Soil & Hydroponics Feeding Schedules page.

I've been growing for over 5 years now and still learning I guess. OK, I'm just noticing that my feeding schedule is normal for what I was using. BUT am I using enough? I didn't (can't afford a meter so that's out) understand why I loose so many leaves during my bloom cycle but now when I re-read the GH bag it say's to use it WITH my regular feeding so do I put the cool bloom in along with my Maxi-grow? I've been using only Cool Bloom during the flowering stage after I turn them 12/12, but usually twice during the bloom given them some of the Maxi cause I feel so bad when the leaves fall. I've seen so many video's of other grows and they seem to be fuller & have more leaves left on the plants then mine when their done blooming.

Thanx foe the Nutes chart there is alot of BRILL advice keep up the good work. So when working with hydro's dripp so each week when the Nutes increase do i clean out the reservoir when im increasing then? Also would the EC/PPM range on this product be ok?
it is a
New 2385 Nutrient Truncheon Wand --- EC/PPM/CF Meter
Range- 4-52 CF 0.4-5.2 EC
280-3640 PPM (ECx700)
200-2600PPM (ECx500)
Resolution
0.1 EC (1 CF)
70 PPM 700
50 PPM 500

0.1 EC (1 CF)
70 PPM 700
50 PPM 500

Accuracy- ±4% of reading
±4% of reading
As i now know if im going to grow it properly then i must of the corect equipment, I have a ph meter

Not sure here... But I think everyone bases the nutes on a US GAllon..Which is 3.8 liters so go from there IF you are use to using liters

Back
Top Bottom