So just for the sake of OP

in soil when using bottled synthetic nutes your range is 6.0-7.0

during veg you stay on the low end
ideally during veg 6.2-6.3
during flower you run the higher range
ideally during flower 6.5-6.6

in a fully organic non chlorinated water soil grow you want

in the range of 6.0-7.0
but the caveat is that it doesnt really matter if your water is higher because the microbes in your soil will buffer and feed the plant. my well water i use on my outdoor plants comes straight out if the hose at 8.3 ph.
I have never phed water for my organic soil grow
but you cant have overly acidic water if you arent phing during full organic
most tap waters are going to be more neutral not acidic.
i dont think you could drink water that acidic so you wouldnt have it for plants. most tap is high ph not low
if its that low out of a well, you shouldnt drink or use it for plants i would think

for soilless
5.5-6.5
during veg 5.7-5.8
during flower 6.0-6.2

i havent had any leaf issues since i started watering my cocopeat at these ph’s

if you want i can find the article that explains the actual reasoning behind how a cannabis plant uses nutes in their medium and either makes the medium more acidic or more neutral during different parts of its life

cannabis plants make ph go up during veg, this is the reason you go on the low range of the mediums PH during veg.
during flower the medium becomes more acidic, the reason you go on the high end of ph during flower.

a medium is always going one way or another, the ph of the medium is constantly going one way or the other, so you feed on a lower or higher end so the plant takes in the nutes it needs while it goes up or down on the ph range.

not sure if that makes sense, but thats how it works for me. i would bet money it would work for you @SQl2kGuy

When you get a chance I would love to read the article if you can find it.

I read this once tonight ... and I will digest it tomorrow. Actually, I will probably copy it into my Lessons Learned section and give you credit for writing it.

I am 100% about science and engineering ... and I'm really trying to understand what is happening.

I am sure I could grow cannabis using the patterns here ... but I want to understand the details whenever possible.

Thanks for getting technical ... I really appreciate it!

PS ... what does OP mean in "So just for the sake of OP"

When you get a chance I would love to read the article if you can find it.

I read this once tonight ... and I will digest it tomorrow. Actually, I will probably copy it into my Lessons Learned section and give you credit for writing it.

I am 100% about science and engineering ... and I'm really trying to understand what is happening.

I am sure I could grow cannabis using the patterns here ... but I want to understand the details whenever possible.

Thanks for getting technical ... I really appreciate it!

PS ... what does OP mean in "So just for the sake of OP"

op= original poster

i thought you started the thread

this is the article, its pretty detailed

also remember

if your tap water has chlorine, your results in a fully organic super soil will not be optimal.
im not saying it wont grow, i think a little chlorine is good for cannabis, but i think that over the course of an entire grow the soil microbes will not be working 100%

i grow with tap water in my cocopeat with no issues, but i do not grow indoors organic because its just too much a pain to bubble out the chlorine thats in my tap water.

oh and lastly pure coco isnt organic.
cocopeat can be, but i am pretty sure theres an explanation from emilya that explains it.
coco and cocopeat are two different things

these are all things that i wish someone would have spelled out for me in the beginning. it would have saved me trouble when i first started out.

hydroshop guy does not have your best interest in mind. i have heard my local tell multiple people that cocopeat is soil and that nothing “really” needs to be phed, which is complete bull.

hope this helps!

What kind of light are you going with?

i have a hlg 260 and a hlg 260 rspec. those are my main lights

both are badass, the rspec is the newest tech by hlg

either one will do two plants to maximum potential, not sure if that blurple will

Reading journals I see alot of very green beginner growers like myself giving misguided information, as if they've tried threw trial and error... Instead of giving there "perspective" on what they've been told.. These suggestions usually contradict themselves which leaves the person trying to learn more confused than what they were to begin with.. I know at the end of the day everybody is usually trying to help it just gets hard to decipher. Guess that's why they say the best way to learn is to Grow! But definitely kudos to the ones with solid informative stuff that's been backed up with success :thumb::hookah:

took me 4 grows to get it “dialed in”

my current journal is “dialed in”
i also have 4 more plants going that are all “dialed in”

@Pennywise helped me alot, once i got my ph down and watering correctly all my problems went away, literally

@Emilya ’s watering technique is great too.
i dont follow it to a tee, but reading it really opened my eyes to what is going on.
she wrote a part about watering from the edges to slosh the nutrients back into the rootball, which is what i look for now. its great

also remember

if your tap water has chlorine, your results in a fully organic super soil will not be optimal.
im not saying it wont grow, i think a little chlorine is good for cannabis, but i think that over the course of an entire grow the soil microbes will not be working 100%

i grow with tap water in my cocopeat with no issues, but i do not grow indoors organic because its just too much a pain to bubble out the chlorine thats in my tap water.

oh and lastly pure coco isnt organic.
cocopeat can be, but i am pretty sure theres an explanation from emilya that explains it.
coco and cocopeat are two different things

these are all things that i wish someone would have spelled out for me in the beginning. it would have saved me trouble when i first started out.

hydroshop guy does not have your best interest in mind. i have heard my local tell multiple people that cocopeat is soil and that nothing “really” needs to be phed, which is complete bull.

hope this helps!
Death to all hydro shop guys!! After cats they're the biggest cause of all cannacides. Dunno how many times I've seen "well it's his job mate I think he knows this shit better than you"
And I think yeah mate. It's our job too but we don't make 9 bucks an hour doing it :thumb:.
Same with nute company customer service dudes. Ooh get them fuckin roasters on the fire while we're at it. Aghhhhh get them all man!! Get them all!!! Haha I'm away too baked for 9am

its on that site somewhere lol, i dont think its in that actual article, but its somewhere on that site.

@Barney86
ph 5.7-5.9 veg
6.0-6.2 flower
Yeah that's what I do mate. 6.3 but no odds. Not sure what the question is. I've just read the whole thread. Got to here and I'm now really just too stoned to think. Looked up twice for it , got side tracked and I'm officially giving up on problem solving for now lol. Wake n bake got me buckled man.

Does anyone know if these things are accurate? I've had a pH of 6.3-6.7 on all my watering and feedings usually so I'm not sure how I'm over 7 now :meditate: my plants look healthy though so I'm not sure what to do.

Attachments

• 15634880787611455690450241826215.jpg
    15634880787611455690450241826215.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 146
Does anyone know if these things are accurate? I've had a pH of 6.3-6.7 on all my watering and feedings usually so I'm not sure how I'm over 7 now :meditate: my plants look healthy though so I'm not sure what to do.

hell no they arent accurate, i got two brand new ones ill send you for free to get them out of my house if you want to keep using them lol

hell no they arent accurate, i got two brand new ones ill send you for free to get them out of my house if you want to keep using them lol
Lol good to hear man. So there's no real actual test to determine the pH of the soil, other than seeing problems from your plants??

Lol good to hear man. So there's no real actual test to determine the pH of the soil, other than seeing problems from your plants??

soil slurry test.
i have ph strips i have done it. i wrote about it in a grow journal of mine.

i used to do the same thing you were doing

best
thing is completely
forget about runoff and follow a precise watering schedule and keep a proper ph going in.

once i did that my problems either disappeared or are minimal at best.

Yikes! I figured things were going a little too smoothly for my first grow. I come home from work today and see this on just one of the leaves. It seems to look like it is eating itself lol can someone please tell me what causes such a thing? Btw this particular plant is a blueberry Auto.

Attachments

• 15635678941844768390335021374240.jpg
    15635678941844768390335021374240.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 155
Yikes! I figured things were going a little too smoothly for my first grow. I come home from work today and see this on just one of the leaves. It seems to look like it is eating itself lol can someone please tell me what causes such a thing? Btw this particular plant is a blueberry Auto.

ive gotten that on plants before, i would like to know what it is also.
on a side note it has never affected anything though.

the longer i grow the more i ignore small thinngs like this during veg though, youll see the more plants you grow that the only thing that matters is flowering and not to mind too much during veg.

personally i always thought it was condensation burning up the new growth, but thats just a guess

ive gotten that on plants before, i would like to know what it is also.
on a side note it has never affected anything though.

the longer i grow the more i ignore small thinngs like this during veg though, youll see the more plants you grow that the only thing that matters is flowering and not to mind too much during veg.

personally i always thought it was condensation burning up the new growth, but thats just a guess
Could be possible, I mist them quiet frequently. I actually just flipped them last week so hopefully nothing else to serious happens. The autos are so far doing well still under 12\12. Buds are getting bigger everyday:lot-o-toke: my marshydro SP 250 is coming in Tuesday so I'm sure they will enjoy the upgrade right on time!

Back
Top Bottom