Nutrients

Well growing mothers you're not going to be growing in optimal conditions. Basically what you want is a plant that is root bound so she doesn't grow out of hand size wise. So that by definition will get you a somewhat ugly plant.

You should know what the clones will look like and hopefully your choice of mothers was worthy. They take some amount of work to keep alive. Keep them alive. Dont worry too much about the looks of them. The cuts on the other hand are the prize.

Some people will take cuts of a mother plant and keep that plant going. There are others that take cuts and keep one of the cuts of the mother for a new mother. Can toss or grow out that mother. Then you have a new mother.

IF you genetics are worthy, that revolving mother thing will work well.

I would mother mine through about 3-5 batches of clones. They are generally pretty ugly and twisted looking by then but they will have many many tops so I usually kick mine to flowering and keep the strongest new plant as the new mother. They can stay alive under much less light wattage and with minimal feedings. I would give it superthrive once in a while and keep it comfortable and happy and slowly making branches.

Back
Top Bottom