Oct 2022 - Auto Grow - 4 Different Strains - AutoPots - Coco

About My Environmental Controllers

I was asked about what controllers I use for my tent. The answer is not a pretty one.

Mine are a mix mash, but they seem to work for me. Here we go!

First up, the Main Exhaust Fan

1668627051495.png

Above: What once was the fancy Mars Hydro controller. Although now they come in Bluetooth and Wifi ready. Not this one, but it does the job.

Below: I keep my exhaust fan on the outside of the tent to free up roof space in the tent.

1668627406680.png

Next Up ... The Cool-Air Fan controller.

1668627510558.png

Above: Is a typical BN-Link Cooling Controller. These are super user friendly and it is connected my cool-air fan.

1668627706005.png

Above: This is just an old fashioned 6-inch exhaust fan. The intake house drops down about 15 feet to my garage floor and is connected to a carbon filter to keep the dust low in the tent. My garage is 1.5 stories, and the ".5" is a loft area about the garage floor. The garage is climate controlled, which I have lowered to about 66/67ºF degrees to assist in cooling.

Heater Controller:

Below:
This BN-Link controller runs my tent heater. It is supposed to be a heat cand cooling controller. I just never felt comfortable using the cooling side. So, for $20 I bought the cooling controller featured earlier.

1668628098833.png

Below: This unit below is another BN-Link cooling controller. I have it attached to a 6-inch "booster" fan. I think these fans were intended to help out a proper exhaust fan. Even so, it works well to as a "burping fan" to quickly remove heat created from lights and the heater that never get down to the plants. I do have two high-mounted 12-inch fans kicking air all around so it probably just helps the main exhaust by reducing the load.

1668628535994.png

1668628461350.png

Above: This is the 6-inch Booster Fan. It works well for the little I ask of it. The only negative is that when the main exhaust kick on and this fan is off ... the exhaust is strong enough to get these blades going in reverse.This bother me because that air is unfiltered. However, I have an idea I am working on to keep dust out.

Bonus - Below: For those of you following this Grow Journal, you learned about my new unorthodoxed heater. It's basically a 30" x 30" piece of slate (my term) that has a heating element inside of it. It's fairly cool to the touch along the edges. This picture features my "bright" idea of placing a 4-inch "booster fan behind the heater.

This serves 2 purposes. One is to blow a light breeze down the back of the heater. This gently blows warm air towards the bottom of the tent. The back side creates as much heat as the front. The second feature from the fan is that is serves as a 4-inch heat shield to keep the heater off the sides of the tent.

1668629179432.png

Below: As a reminder this odd square thing is the heater I am talking about.

1668629331145.png

Alright ... that's enough for now.

This SIP thing is interesting but I don't think I'm ready to try it with my cannabis plants yet.
What's your hesitation, HG? Nothing really to learn other than remembering to water through the fill tube. I bet if you tried just one you'd never another way again. I know I'm unlikely.

What's your hesitation, HG? Nothing really to learn other than remembering to water through the fill tube. I bet if you tried just one you'd never another way again. I know I'm unlikely.

I've been sick since the end of September. I wanted to try the bud rot spray this year and I wanted to try the malted barley this year. But, I didn't do either because I've been sick. I just can't wrap my head around another new thing to try. I've bookmarked some websites that explain it well and may try it at some point. Maybe I'll ask for one GroBucket or Earthbox for Christmas. I'm not a DIYer.

Day 24 - Possible Mg Issue

I have combed the internet looking for a deficiency that matches these leaves. It's like the opposite of what is out there.

I say this because my leaves are dark in the inner margins, and the veins are yellow or lighter in color.

Almost all of the photos out there show yellowing in the margins when there is an issue.

Some folks have said this could be a genetic anomaly.

These leaves are original seedling leaves. The new growth looks normal.

My best guess is a shortage of magnesium.

Day 24 Gorilla Glue Leaf 2_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
Day 24 - Gorilla Glue Leaf 1_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg

I've been sick since the end of September. I wanted to try the bud rot spray this year and I wanted to try the malted barley this year. But, I didn't do either because I've been sick. I just can't wrap my head around another new thing to try. I've bookmarked some websites that explain it well and may try it at some point. Maybe I'll ask for one GroBucket or Earthbox for Christmas. I'm not a DIYer.
I hear you. Sometimes learning new things can take too much mind share than one is compelled to relinquish.

@StoneOtter is just starting a SIP grow using one of the smaller EarthBox containers so definitely check out his grow Here if you don't already follow it.

Day 28 -- Means the End of Week 3
Week 4 if We Include Germ Week

Let's take a look at the numbers and see if anything pops out.

(1) DLI -- As you can see, I've been raising the light intensity this week.

(2) DLI -- I also switched to 20/4 lights. I need to fix my log header.

(3) VPD -- I'm holding mid-70s fine, but even with 2 humidifiers I am struggling to get in the "Perfect" zone

(4) E.C. -- This represents full-strength Jack's 3-2-1. No tip burns on new growth (for now).

(5) pH -- Everything I read says stay around 5.8 with coco. So, that's my plan.

(6) pH -- I don't mind a little drift up, but when it gets to 6.0 I'll bring it back down

(7) AutoPot Data - I dropped taking daily readings of the AP valve chambers.

(8) AutoPot Data - Everyday the numbers very close. One less worry.

Daily Stats Day 28.png

Week 3 Averages.png

Day 29 - Stats and Notes

11/21/2002:
  • Both Purple Lemonades continue to grow taller, while not adding nodes.
  • I will give them until Day 35 to make an assessment.
  • Added 3 gallons to Rez. This lowered the pH from 5.8 to 5.6. I raised that back to 5.8.
  • E.C. -- Rose to 2.0. The new nutrients brought it back to 1.95.
I'll do more in-depth photos of the Purple Lemonades this evening.

Day 29 Stats.png

Day 30 - Photos (AM Version)

The lights went out on me this morning, so no big-tent pics this AM.

Although, here are a few photos of my of my little ladies headed for a Cannabis Hunger Games.

Only one can survive!:oops:

Note: Disregard any dark spots. They got a spritiz of 5:2 ratio'd Humic Kelp blend.

_MG_9004_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9006_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9007_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9008_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9009_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9012_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg

I put this picture below in my "Should they live or die" thread, but here is a look once more.

PL 1 & 2 Day 24 & Day 30 Compared.png

Back
Top Bottom