Ok Noob First Grow

Kaiser Sose 3

Ok here we go. I converted 1/2 of a single carg garage to a grow room(complete build out). The room is 8.5 ft tall and seperated into 3 sections.

The veg room is 5 ft x 4.5 ft x 8.5 ft. Flower room is 10 ft x 5 ft x 8.5
The lights are clones T5 , Veg room 1000w MH and flower room has 2 1000w HPS.
I have a 450 cfm inline blower with a 24 inx 6 in can filter. Air intake is from a 6in duct with inline fan. In the Veg room I have a honeywell air filtration unit wich cleans and recircs the air.

I am using the 5gal homer buckets with Hydroton air fed water with drip rings.

So, on monday I picked up 3 clones from a friend. After getting them nestled into their new homes and giving 1/2 strength nutes , I noticed they didn't look so hot. After further review I find that there were about 2 spider mites on each plant with a few eggs. I went and got Take Down to treat with Neem oil and pesticde soap for a back up. I also have samples of SNS 217 on order. The next day there was a little new growth.
I noticed there was a little yellowing of the leaves so I checked the ph and it was around 7.5, tried vinager and it dropped the ph to around 6. Problem was it left residue on the pots and hydroton. Went back to hydro store and picked up PH lower. I drained the buckets , rinsed/flushed well all and refilled. Checked the ph and it was about 7.0. Adjusted that down and it is setting about 5.8 and holding.

Today, 11-11-11, checked in on the ladies before work. All are showing new growth, new leaves and looking better. I will wait until sun or mon to add more nutes. Biggest problem I see is humidity is too low. I even put humidifier in and it went from 20 to 30% but now more. Looking into other ideas for humidity.

As soon as I figure out the pic posting I will post pics.

Oh ya when they go to flower I have 4 led lights (the cheap ones from ebay) I will use those for fill in lighting. and another oh ya--- I am getting 4 more clones this weekend from another friend. These are guearanteed healthy.

Sit back spark one up and enjoy. It will be a bumpy ride but will be ok with all the info on here!
:sorry: for scrambled thoughts... I will pull it together more on future posts.

Re: Ok Noob First grow with BPN Nutes.Thanks Corey!

humidity: try just putting a 5 gallon bucket with some water in it and set it in your room. it will evaporate and increase your humidity. you only need a gallon or so in the bucket with the lid off. that will help

plants_after_4_days.jpg

Plant_2_after_4_days.jpg
Plant_3_after_4_days.jpg

Ok so here are my 3 young-uns. Just went home and checked on them all is well.

I think i am going to trim the nasty bad leaves off. I think they are too damaged, beside with the new leaves sprouting they should be able to handle losing the bad ones. If you all don't think thats a good idea let me know... They look lots better then when I got them.
Again I am getting some new clones in a few days.

I am open to any advise you all may give.

Corey- i tried a bucket with water and a towel in it to try to increase the humidity...humidifier worked better...

Nice set-up you have started. Good job managing the PH early, the first spike is noticeable in the leaves.

In my opinion, I wouldn't trim any leaves off at this stage in growth. The youngsters don't have a lot of roots established yet. They need the few leaves they have to store food and do all the other essential duties as well.

Good luck to ya!

Thanks Dog. I will leave the ugly alone for now. I am starting to think that I have another problem. I am seeing some leaf curl now. I was looking back at what I have done differently, The only thing I can think of is I took the air filter out for a day. I am thinking that caused stagnant air.... I will post pics later today and ask for more input then.

Hope the new clones are ready soon.

SO humidity problem resolved.
Room is 75 degrees
RH 54%
PH 6
Gave 1/2 nutes on last water change :morenutes:

I believe I have every thing in line...for now. Guess only thing to do now is fire one up.;)

Ok, So, I thought I had shit straightened out. Wrong! Here are the young ones and they aren't looking so good. Not sure whats wrong. Any help would be great!!!
Plant_3_not_so_good.jpg
Plant_2_not_so_good.jpg
Plant_1_not_so_good.jpg

OK so this is what I woke up to. The room temp was up to 84 and the humidity was at 29...nothing else changed. I will go back out and check the PH next.

Thats all I gave them.
ok so monday I put them in their buckets. At that time I gave them 2.5 ml per bucket approx 3 gals per bucket.
Tuesday plants looked unhappy. CHecked PH ph was 7.5. lowered with 1/2 tsp of vinager per bucket. Outcome PH 6.5 .Sprayed withTake Down for the 2 bugs I saw.
Wednesday plants still unhappy. Nasty shit left on rocks from vinagar. Flushed buckets/rocks and changed water. Checked new water 7.5-8. Used ph lower and ph was 6 when I put the buckets back together. Added No Pest Strip to room.
Thursday plants show new growth, small leaves plant looking a little better.
Friday Plants droopy. Check ph 7-7.5 add ph lower - outcome ph 6. add 2.5ml part A and B.
Saturday plants look droopy and burned....
Sunday guess you are right, lol...

So Flush with fresh water? or wait it out if they can...

did you pour vinegar or anything directly on the hydroton?

i would Do this:
empty and clean your reservoirs.
rinse hydroton of all salt build up.
add fresh water and then only add 2 ml/gallon of each part to your reservoir.
adjust ph down to 5.7 or 5.8

I would run some plain water through them, ph it around 5.8. Give them a day or two then go with 1-1.5 ml and see how they look over the next few days. Definite nute burn and probably lockout as well with that high of ph.

Good luck, hoping for the best.

I would run some plain water through them, ph it around 5.8. Give them a day or two then go with 1-1.5 ml and see how they look over the next few days. Definite nute burn and probably lockout as well with that high of ph.

Good luck, hoping for the best.

That is exactly waht I was thinking too. I did just that. I flushed the Hydroton and emptied and rinsed the buckets. I then refilled and ph'd the new water to 5.8. I will not do anything with them except for check ph and keep the RH in check for the next several days.

I will see how that goes for the next couple days. They look ok this morning...

Thanks everyone for the input :thanks:

Well 2js I am too new at growing yet to know if there is neg to the Hydroton. I am understanding it seems to hold water well and drain well both. Glad to have ya alone for the ride...:Namaste:

By the way love the disco ball in your room!!! Made me chuckle...

Hey insurance.....I made it....hey with Corey here you won't fail....I'm interested to see how these girl turn out.....all aboard.....hot .....hot...hot.....hot chocolate..... Ha sorry...WORD...:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom