Old member starting fresh

quinny

Old member startin fresh maybe not growin atm but observin and taken all urs skills amd learnin from ude lovely bunch 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙

I use to run a black diamond ps500 my journals on here sumwhere if yas get bored amd wanna check it out knock urselfs out . They were a beauty only for the pigs👮to take them durin a final flush ah well life goes on . Let me no wat journals u have goin and il jump in and help if i can along the way happy growin 420🤙🤙🤙🤙😁😁😁

Welcome back @quinny

How soon do you think it will be before you can start again?
The LED's have changed a lot in the last few years?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Thanks mate atm im not sure c im in ireland so its still illegal problem we have if alot of rats that would luv to ring the police on u so its a waitin game now . Germany are talkin about legalizing it in there country so with abit of luck irelamd follows happy growing 🤙🤙

Wat are the best light on the market mate wen i had the ps500 that light was given insane results had sum beautiful plants of it
It's really hard to say which light is best. They're all so competitive that one week this one is best & so the other company upgrades & then there's is best. I have personally settled in with Mars Hydro; which I have 12 of. I have 3 tents + a grow shed. I get excellent results from them & the price is right. For that reason I think they are your best bang for your buck. I pulled a little over 20 oz. off one plant using SIP Buckets & Mars Hydro lights, so I can't complain.
@Azimuth , post a link to the SIP thread you started. quinny just might be interested in this.

It's really hard to say which light is best. They're all so competitive that one week this one is best & so the other company upgrades & then there's is best. I have personally settled in with Mars Hydro; which I have 12 of. I have 3 tents + a grow shed. I get excellent results from them & the price is right. For that reason I think they are your best bang for your buck. I pulled a little over 20 oz. off one plant using SIP Buckets & Mars Hydro lights, so I can't complain.
@Azimuth , post a link to the SIP thread you started. quinny just might be interested in this.
Thanks buds ye im lookin atm gunna slowly pick up my equipment bit by bit and wen im ready boom it there waitin 🤙🤙

Thanks buds ye im lookin atm gunna slowly pick up my equipment bit by bit and wen im ready boom it there waitin 🤙🤙
Have you ever tried "SIP Buckets" (Sub Irrigation Planters) ? They are game changers. I went from 5-6 oz. per plant to close to a pound per plant just by using the buckets. 5 weeks of Veg in a SIP is like 8 weeks of Veg in a Fabric or Plastic pot. They grow like you're growing in Coco or Hydro.

Ye i used fabric pots found they were brilliant for better air flow to the roots in canna soil with ph perfect advanced nutriens they are unbelievable nutes to uses and that bud candy was class stink off the plants was insane from it
I use to use the AN line up. Got good results but the cost of using them was ridiculous. I doubt if I spend over $20 on nutes to grow 6 plants now days. With AN it was more like $100 - $120 for 6 plants. I get the same results. I currently use Mega Crop & then add Nitrogen & Mono Silicic Acid (a type of Silica). I have 3 other types of nutes I won in a contest that I might try out to see how they are.
As far as lights go....., I've tried numerous different lights. If you were to look through all my journals you'd probably see a different light used every time; until I went full circle & back to Mars Hydro. I used cheapos my first grow & the wiring inside them melted so stay away from those as they're a fire hazard. The 2 advance platinum P900's were pretty good, but old technology these days since they are the Blurple Lights. Used the Medic Grow easy 8 Bar light (720 watts) & Phlizon Bar Light (800 watt) & they work great if you want to keep an even canopy or if you SCROG. Used Viparspectra, Spider Farmer & some others too. But I got my best yields with Mars Hydro so I went back to them. Mars seems to give off more of a light spectrum like HPS as they seem redder than a lot of other LED's. Not quite that red, but in between the bright white LED's & HPS. Hope some of this info helps you make a good light choice.

I use to use the AN line up. Got good results but the cost of using them was ridiculous. I doubt if I spend over $20 on nutes to grow 6 plants now days. With AN it was more like $100 - $120 for 6 plants. I get the same results. I currently use Mega Crop & then add Nitrogen & Mono Silicic Acid (a type of Silica). I have 3 other types of nutes I won in a contest that I might try out to see how they are.
As far as lights go....., I've tried numerous different lights. If you were to look through all my journals you'd probably see a different light used every time; until I went full circle & back to Mars Hydro. I used cheapos my first grow & the wiring inside them melted so stay away from those as they're a fire hazard. The 2 advance platinum P900's were pretty good, but old technology these days since they are the Blurple Lights. Used the Medic Grow easy 8 Bar light (720 watts) & Phlizon Bar Light (800 watt) & they work great if you want to keep an even canopy or if you SCROG. Used Viparspectra, Spider Farmer & some others too. But I got my best yields with Mars Hydro so I went back to them. Mars seems to give off more of a light spectrum like HPS as they seem redder than a lot of other LED's. Not quite that red, but in between the bright white LED's & HPS. Hope some of this info helps you make a good light choice.
Ah i dont think id venture to far from advance nutriens tbf dont mind payin the momey if needed . As for the lightin leds are the way to go hps are a killer on electricity bill its gone beyond a joke here in ireland the cost of livin is gone threw the roof here . Im goin to reseach the best light on the market. So researchin is wat il be doin for abit

Welcome back @quinny! The legalities of growing are a real shit in those places which repress it, I am in one of them and always hoping for change.

BTW the name quinny, is that what it sounds like where you come from when you're asking for your 10th Guinness at the end of the night? haha, just joking, have a good one!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣wouldnt no my friend i dont drink if i did deffo not guiness its horrible but quinny is a good old iish 2nd name 🤣🤣🤙🤙but ye its such a joke over here problem is it to old of a culture the governments always tryin to find the negative side of it perusual . Like there robbin the life with out of us with the inflacion amd taxes. Like if they new wat it would do for the economy and the amount of revenue they make would be insane

I guess when it comes down to the best light it is what you can afford and the size of your grow space.
You should checkout some of our sponsors. Many of them have regular discount for 420 Magazine member, and they offend run special around the holidays.

I bought one of those SIP setup a couple years ago; I still haven't used it but plan to do so soon. Maybe I will try a 4x4 scrog with it. :rofl:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

I bought one of those SIP setup a couple years ago; I still haven't used it but plan to do so soon. Maybe I will try a 4x4 scrog with it. :rofl:
Do it! :laughtwo:

Seriously, I haven't grown a plant yet in them that wasn't bigger, healthier and happier than my non-SIP ones.

Do it! :laughtwo:

Seriously, I haven't grown a plant yet in them that wasnt bigger, healthier and happier than my non-SIP ones.

Right now, I have four in soil and one in water, but plan on doing it very soon. I only have a 4x4 for flower and a 2x4 veg. tent; so I will need to have an empty flower tent. I have been growing DWC in the colder months and then when it warms up I grow in soil. So come spring this baby is going to show me the way.

Right now, I have four in soil and one in water, but plan on doing it very soon. I only have a 4x4 for flower and a 2x4 veg. tent; so I will need to have an empty flower tent. I have been growing DWC in the colder months and then when it warms up I grow in soil. So come spring this baby is going to show me the way.
The pots are also easy to DIY and on that thread I describe how to make them from Solo Cup size up to 17 gallon tub size, so you could always build a smaller tester version to experiment with if you want to try them out beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom