Oldbear's 8 Month Outdoor Grow Space In A Northern Climate

There is quite a story that goes with this pic of this little lady.

She was forgotten on the fridge in her paper towel cocoon. Tap root was about 2 inches long when the 'gardener' returned home. Planted in some soil in a solo to she if she would develop. After a few days as a 1 node shrimpy she started to grow a bit. Then the dog stepped on it.

I parked her in a pile of compost to see if she would survive. She did well unwatered for a week or so and sprouted up to about 8 inches.

And then this happened:

The poor thing has been main lined, super cropped, topped , Fim'd anything else that can be done to a plant. Could be the groundhog and her cute little babies. Or a deer.

So replanted again into a pot for safe keeping on the porch away from critters (I hope). She's tenacious and feisty. More photos to come if she develops well. I'll treat her like a reveg.

Subbed and watching quietly from the cheap seats.:reading420magazine: Best of luck with your outdoor grow Oldbear!:goodluck:

Just noticed that if you zoom in, you can see all the flower sites coming in the joints. Woohoo just need to grow some new leaves. I might need @SweetSue 's magical growing touch and super grow sauce.

I'm learning a lot about outdoor gardening. In particular any thought of sticking them in the ground and they will look after themselves. Well not this year for sure - we are having a prolonged drought and heat wave.

The plants love it but they need to be watered pretty much every daily especially since the root structure is very small at this point.

The gardener isn't loving it much.

Hey Bud. Getting used to the site. I clicked watch so I hope that means I'll b in for the ride too. Good luck and hope we can help each other out. In a dry spell now. Watching radar I see storms just break apart as the get near me. I have a spare well and the lake for hauling 5 gal buckets thankfully. Not much I can do about the heat though. By the way I checked out your den in the woods. Damned nice.

I am continuously amazed at the resilience of these plants.

Little April was shrivelled up and I had given up on her. She was left in a pot in full sun with no water.

When I returned after a week plus I found this:

The heat, the ticks, and the deer flies eliminate anybody walking around near them.

Heck, half the time those critters keep me away from my own garden. Throw in horse flies, poison ivy and sumac.. Lol... Good stuff.
I’ve never lost a garden but tell my wife, god help the person who goes for it.. They would deserve a metal.
Looks good.. My style grow.
I’m in:D

Back
Top Bottom