Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

Hang in there Andy, and thanks for sharing all those great pictures.

smerk_a_berl.jpg

WTF! I posted a reply Buddro, but it's gone. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I hate computers.

Thanks for the chuckles, Epsilon. Lol
Try YouTube. "Bubble magic". I'd explain it, but you'll get it in 60 seconds of watching a vid. Stupid-easy hash.

:high-five:

I am getting my bubble bags today but I am going to try the dry ice method. Have you ever tried that and if so, notice any differences in the results?

"Poor Andy can't catch a break."

Seriously. Such a roller coaster of a ride with this journal. Now that all the bad luck is out of the way, nothin but smoooth sailing from here on out!

I haven't, Paka. Never herd of it. I'm not sure what would happen if you supper - freeze the weed during the process. If you use a washer, it may make the plastic brittle to the point of breaking. (A guess)

Okay, well in the last week or so I have found out one of two things about me. Either all my friends have No taste or I'm a snob. I'm not sure wich. I am not happy with the quality of the weed from the Rockwool grow. I'm not happy with the taste or the buzz. My friends, however seem to think it's fantastic and the love it. One of us is wrong. I'll keep a little to last till the DWC girls are done and I'mma gonna give the rest to charity.

DWC girls are moving along nicely. (See pic)
I found spidermites on them a few days ago and desided to try SNS 209. It's been 48+ hours and most of the adults are D.E.A.D. dead. The eggs don't a pear to be affected, but SNS209 is systemic, so it'll get them when they hatch. I'm not really fond of using a systemic, but there was just no other way at this point. There just isn't enough room to move the girls around and spray without destroying them. I leave on the 24th so they only have another 11 days before I start to flush. The buds on the PC are beautiful! (See pic!) The LA method of back-building is working for me for sure! (I'm comparison g her to her Rockwool sister I chopped last month). I added a bud builder ; GH Liquid KoolBloom Bulking formula 0-10-10 to the mix a couple weeks ago, along with the Bud Candy and Cal Mag and GH Bloom. Running about 1300 PPMs TDS.
I'm sure that these two girls will surpass the three others in both flavor and taste. There is also no doubt that two girls, grown in 1/4 the size room in almost half the time, will probably close to double the dried weight, jarred buds.:thumb:
That I'm looking forward to!!

I'm thinking I'll just flush for a week and chop and freeze for when I get back. I don't really know yet.

Personal note: the lumber yard is working hard to get my lumber order done. They called yesterday to ask if they could substitute oak maple and/or poplar for pine 2X6s. Okay by me! I'm gonna have enough to repair the barn and finish the intirior of my cabin. Yay.
18 days, man. 18 days. I'm stoked for going to Tobago and taking my little seed with me. This should be fun! I'll post the first month or so of the grow while I'm down there (See pics!!!) And have a buddy keep me updated with pics in my email. (See long distance, multi: country, colaborative - grow pics!)
In other news, my digital scale I bought the day after I harvested last month has done two things. A. Stopped working the first time I went to use it after I let the girls dry for 7 days. And B. Dissappear ed from my house. Some of you may remember the two TDS meters and two jugs of 7.0 solution that dissapeaed from my house a few months ago. Apperently The scale has desiderate to join them. Fuck if I know where this shit keeps going. That's another 40 bucks down the drain. Fucking cloud...............

Been real!
Andy.:Namaste:

5/19/15:surf:

I saw that, Paka, but it looks to me like most of that is frozen plant matter. It looks impressive, but there were no good close up macro shots. Did you try it?

Okay, I uploaded a couple of pics tonight. I finished the DWC girls over the past few weeks. Finished flushing tonight and I chopped, trimmed lightly, vacume packed and froze all the goodies.:thumb:

I still have no fucking clue where the brand new scale went to. I will say this though, 1 burnt Pineapple Chunk and 1 Master Kush did better in roughly 4.5 months from clone to harvest than the first 3 girls in rockwool in almost 6 months. Getting better results. Considering I just treated the DWC girls like crap all through veg due to the small room, I'm really happy with the end results.

So here are a few pics I took tonight:

20150519_211041.jpg
20150519_211919.jpg
20150519_211950.jpg
20150519_212024.jpg
20150519_212039.jpg
20150519_212117.jpg
20150519_212150.jpg
20150519_212435.jpg
20150519_212753.jpg
20150519_212811.jpg

That was one girl.....

20150519_214631.jpg
20150519_214655.jpg
20150519_215510.jpg
20150519_215530.jpg
20150519_221543.jpg
20150519_222015.jpg

And then I packaged them up for later.

20150519_230634.jpg
20150519_230349.jpg

So that wraps up my first journal. Two grows merged together. Next stop: Tobago and an outdoor grow in a climate I would love to get used to!!!
5 more days and I'm outta here and hitting the beaches!

Thanks to all of you!! None of this could have happened without all your help at each disaster that I ran into. I hope I was able to help a few along the way :thanks:

:thanks::thanks::party::tommy::allgood::bigtoke::thanks::yummy::yummy:

May 24 2015

Dried a few buds and was pleased with the results :thumb:
Nice flavor and tast. Much better than the first girls :thumb:
I'm packing up and making dozens of gallon jugs of veg food for Henryetta, the clone mother. Mom is really getting into the sprit of things. It's good to see her take an active interest in the whole thing.

I'll be leaving for the airport in 4 hours, dragging ass! In the next couple days I'll be germinating some regular AKs and 1 Strawberry Blue fem in the absolutly beautiful island of Tobago! Let the fun begin!!!

Hey McCdive.

How much has would you say you pull from your bubble machine?

I just watched a long ass video series of dudes making hash in a machine and then one short one of a dude doing it with dry ice. It looked like the guy with dry ice was pulling more weight. I know it can depend on trim quality and weight but I wonder if one way was superior to the other.

Long series with a machine -

Quick dry ice vid -

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

:popcorn: :surf: I guess I am late, but I haven't been to too many journals of people I don't know. I saw your post on Jandre's page and want you to know there is a LOT of support for people who have been what I was (and in some cases still am) a hobby grower before finding 420 Magazine over three years ago. There are so many well documented grows here to get info from. With that being said, you can't go wrong with BID's journals. He was relatively a small grower compared to some of the other growers here, but he loved to experiment and explore all types of growing and all types of strains. I learned so much from him. I learned from Xlr8, Norcaliwood, Buckshot, and others also. I noticed at the first of your journal you had lady bugs. They are a good thing and eat the harmful pests that we don't crawling around on our plants. I had my share of pests in past grows and natural pest control is preferrable to organic pesticides although they will get the job done also. Drop by and check my experiments when you get the time. Keep 'Em Green
HOZ
:volcano-smiley:

Re: Older, Wiser, And STONED Enough to Try Hydro. Look What Happened!!

Northern_Lights_Prefered_for_Joes_Hemp_Oil.jpg

My photo is of my last Northern Lights grow. Just got five new clones of the same strain and will put in veg tonight.
Keep up the good work and keep asking questions and posting those photo's.
Another important thing to consider is proper air circulation and controlling the humidity helps to keep Powery Mildew from starting.
If cold air in the winter is a problem, you could get a Dryer Vent and install it on the Exhaust side of the Air blower on the outside of the room. When the Air is off, the flappers on the vent will close and not let cold air back in.
Also, I like the look of yur LED's. Only downside to them is when I used them the buds were light and airy. Never seemed to get big and solid.
For me it did not matter much. I do not smoke and only make RSO for controlling my CLL Leukemia.
For someone recovering from A liver condition I would think EDIBLES and RSO would be better for your recovery.

Smoking will get you high if that's what you want to do and some of the Medicine will get into your system.
People who smoke pot are 33% less likely to develop Lung Cancer.
Making RSO and taking it orally will get maxium CBD and THC into your system and may be better overall.

Hi @joetherag42, Glad you dropped buy. :thumb: I'm actually growing some Super CBD Durbans in my current journal. This one wrapped up a while ago. Please feel free to drop in on my new one. link's one the bottom of my signature. :welcome: Follow meeeeeeeeeeee. lol. :Namaste: Andy.

Congrats on quitting. It has been over 3 years for me. Divine intervention lifted the desire. However without my cannabis I'm sure I'd be back in meetings or drinking again. Hold the line, and grow grow grow!

:peacetwo:

The day McC started this journal was my 10 year anniversary of being alcohol free. I, too, owe my sobriety to Divine Intervention. No desire to drink since. Started smoking weed about 3 years ago when I retired. When I run out of weed still no thought of drinking...just get more weed when I can. But now I started to grow my own too...obviously why I'm here now!!! I know this is an old thread but felt compelled to chime in!
Keep up the good work Rman and McC.....

Back
Top Bottom