Trying To Reveg From Bare Stem! I Have To Try

subbed...

hey fan keep at er. just let her have the light and don't go nuts on the water. no nutes needed til she shows some regrowth. check out my journal I just started tonight.

heres my reveg as of an hour ago...
20151110_220312.jpg

good luck an let er go buddy!!!

Let's start with Stumpy's update

We are about 12 days into the reveg attempt with no leaves or bud sites.. While she is still pumping liquid to the cut point of every branch I am having some concerns about her now.
For starters it appears that several of the branches are darkening and I could be wrong but I feel this is a bad sign. That being said there are a few branches that seemed to soften up just a bit more than they were while she was flowering.
Also, at a few of the branches at the very top she does have a few very light green colored spots and I'm waiting patiently to see them start to branch.

The darkening of some branches has me concerned and I think I'm ready to try an idea or 2 mentioned by you guys before it gets too late.

The white "gunk" she is clotting the cut branches with is still being produced. I took a glob of it in my hand so you can see it better.

Now, what direction should we take? Stay on course or experiment a bit?
IMG_060436.JPG
IMG_060326.JPG
IMG_060530.JPG
IMG_060831.JPG

Now for Stellas update...

She's plugging right along. Shes 11 days old, looking good and getting plenty of light. I think I actually gave her a tad too much light for a day or two but she's lookin good. I would have went with an 18/6 schedule for her but she's in the room with "Stumpy" so I went with 19/5 to try to help the reveg project too.

This is my 1st grow in Promix and also my first grow using the Advanced nute line.

She was given her 1st feeding last night.
1 milliliter per liter each of Grow A, Grow B, B-52 and Voodoo Juice. She took it really well guys...I took these pics when I fed her last night and I should have waited until today to take pics because now almost a day after her food she has grown another node!

I have to add that it was so freaking nice to mix the nutes and feed with ZERO pH adjustment!

IMG_059733.JPG
IMG_059939.JPG
IMG_059831.JPG
IMG_060831.JPG

Let's start with Stumpy's update

We are about 12 days into the reveg attempt with no leaves or bud sites.. While she is still pumping liquid to the cut point of every branch I am having some concerns about her now.

Glad to see im only 12days late!! Very curious about revegging (think its just me here... Of the belief that mature plants produce bigger better fruit/flowers. Dont fully understand the One-and-done approach. Yes, soil is used up, but can be replaced) so...one day ill be running my own reveg experiments.

Not sure if itd help much at this point, (or on MJ) but when needed on other 'bleeder' plants, ill wrap a piece of cloth around the nub where i just cut. May need taped or tied. For the extreme bleeders, ill double up the cloth the drip hot wax over it. Seals the wound, stops the leaks, allows plants to heal faster.

hey fan lookin good there.

I would just let stumpy stay the course. I did nothing but water, let dry, water again, repeat. once you have new growth coming it will likely be misshapen and ugly but let it come.

gotta let the oxygen get into the soil so stick yer finger in there and see if it "needs" water or not. if its still damp at all let it dry a day or two more.

just what worked for me.

c'mon stumpy!!! you can do it!!!

really curious how these girls are doing.

I'd still use the cloneX on each of the branches! I think if you would use some of that on each branch tip it would STOP all the liquid coming out of it. Also a little Rhizotonic added at the middle of the plant will do wonders a lot of times. The Rhizotonic for the small bottle is only around $20 bucks. Id dilute around a half cc of the rhizotonic to about a liter of water and slowly add that over the next few days. Just my thoughts and since you havent had a lot of action as of yet why not give it a try.

I'm thinking those darker branches are just drying up as its getting rid of every bit of juice it has left in it. Meaning before long you might only have left some fire kindling if something doesn't change. My fingers are crossed and I'm pulling for you as well, good luck!

Updates for both plants are coming up this evening fellas.

Teaser:

Lots of new growth on Stella and going to try some clonex on the tips of Stumpy tonight.

i'm not so sure about the clonex for this. maybe try few spots. my concern is clonex contains IBA (indole butyric acid) which is a rooting hormone. i checked out the MSDS sheet and it is the only active hormone in it. kinda funny, i use clonex too, but after seeing the data one could simply buy IBA for around $1.00 per gram. I paid $8.00 for 10 grams just recently. Anyways, the other two ingredients in Clonex are 2-Hydroxycthylcellulose (the gel) and Crystal Violet Dye for color. i think we are getting duped at $20.00 a bottle :laughtwo:

i am very interested in the Aloe. been doing a lot of research. very very interesting stuff. i'd like to see a few branches with that treatment. :)

i'm not so sure about the clonex for this. maybe try few spots. my concern is clonex contains IBA (indole butyric acid) which is a rooting hormone. i checked out the MSDS sheet and it is the only active hormone in it. kinda funny, i use clonex too, but after seeing the data one could simply buy IBA for around $1.00 per gram. I paid $8.00 for 10 grams just recently. Anyways, the other two ingredients in Clonex are 2-Hydroxycthylcellulose (the gel) and Crystal Violet Dye for color. i think we are getting duped at $20.00 a bottle :laughtwo:

i am very interested in the Aloe. been doing a lot of research. very very interesting stuff. i'd like to see a few branches with that treatment. :)

I'll have updates with pics in a bit but I used some Clonex on just a few of the cut tips earlier today. I'm not sure about it either but WTH I guess.

I will try some aloe as well. How would you suggest doing it? Just some aloe in the water or on some branches?

I have tried this several times, each and every time i have gotten irritated and failed. Very interesting thread. Would love to see you pull it off.. I suggest using CloneX on the branch's and inject some with a plastic injector down the stock's side.. FLush with the stock. Get down to where you think your close to the rootball and inject. This almost worked with me one time, but I had to leave the province for a week (work) so when i came back she rotted on me.. I hope you can pull through this off and make it work. I'l be watching :nicethread::Namaste:

the answer is easy..

you put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up!

from wiki -
Horticulture[edit]
In 1943, Johannes van Overbeek discovered that coconut milk actively encourages plant growth. This was later discovered to be due to a number of factors, but predominantly the existence in the milk of a cytokinin known as zeatin. It does not speed up growth in some plants such as radishes.[15]:8 The addition of 10% coconut milk to the substrate in which wheat is grown has shown substantial improvements in yield.[16]

maybe water that thing with some coconut milk lol. good source of cytokinin.

interesting facts on coconut milk there gypsy.

injecting clonex down beside the roots might be a gooder thing to try too. like that one kid.

Back
Top Bottom