Snoop Tries Doc's Kit - Spring/Summer 2015

Chop Chop

I took down the love Potion and the smaller White Lemon tonight. The house is smelling great and Im looking forward to have a few more stains around.:Rasta:

Love Potion 58 days
20160214_175600LP.jpg

White Lemon 58 days Didn't get frosty like the other 2. This one was in the 7g and farther from the light. Never really changed that much in the last 6 days but loving the testers from it
20160214_175704WL3.jpg

Hanging out
20160214_190043Drying.jpg

The final 4. Next round is looking good. Hope to have them in the tent sooner then later
20160213_195021final4.jpg

congratulations!! Buds look great!! :thumb:

Howdy 420,

I just finished trimming the last few plants and weighing everything up. Just a little short of 200g. Most of the plants came in just over an Oz. The biggest producer was of course one of the White Lemon (63g) that was is the 20 gal. It was the tallest of all the plants and stopped growing when it was 6" from the light. The flowers were twice as thick as the others. Going by what I've seen here I need two things for my next grow. Bigger pots and more light! :Rasta:

20160224_221307harvest.jpg

Thanks to everyone who followed along or took the time to see what I was up to. next round should start shortly :Namaste:

I think it may be the light, not the pots. 2-4 ounces from 7 gallon pots seems like an average for the kit.

Thanks JuanCarlos that's good to know. I have two more lights on the way and will be going from just over 400w to 1000w. I was really surprised on the how much bigger the buds were and they were only a difference of 6" Cheers :Rasta:

Congrats on a nice little harvest Snoop....ya eh....bigger pots and more light!! Now your talkin brotha!:surf:

Thanks Duggan, my girls in veg are in 3 gal pots and are looking for more space! Time to move them into something bigger and get this party started. Next round is going to be a good one :Rasta:

20160225_134129veg.jpg

Howdy 420,

Time to get back into the swing of things. I switched my light for 2 of the 3x144 Mars Reflectors. That will increase my light by 50% to 610W. Without adding supports to the tent I don't think it can handle the weight of my other light as well. They look good so far and are producing enough heat that I was able to reduce my heater to half of what it was using before. I have also doubled my pot size from 7-15gallons (about 12 gal in the pots). Added a layer if insulation foam board between the tent and platform to help keep those roots happy. That's it for now, currently running the lights on veg mode to help with the transition and will be flowering shortly. Heading out for saucers then I can give them a drink. Cheers :Rasta:

20160302_150108family.jpg
20160302_150118family2.jpg

I think there's a difference between "Brix" and "Dr. Bud's Brix". Does using DB's mix show that Brix works? or that DB's mix specifically works? Do we have controlled tests to verify that?

BRIX can certainly work in hydro - do we have any tests to determine that?

What is the best Brix method? Most times in life, best <> most popular. Have we stacked alternative brix methods against one another to get outcomes?

None of this is meant to take a shot at DB, who I think is a phenomenal grower and contributor to our community. But I very much think BRIX growing, at least as it pertains to weed, is very much in the experimentation phase. The literature on it (weed + brix specifically) dates back to about 2008. You'd be hard-pressed to convince anyone there's a consensus around topic of research after 8 years.

Again, not to start a war, or to criticize. But my job is data analysis and designing large-scale controlled experiments. By any scientific definition, "Brix" is an experiment.

I think there's a difference between "Brix" and "Dr. Bud's Brix". Does using DB's mix show that Brix works? or that DB's mix specifically works? Do we have controlled tests to verify that?

BRIX can certainly work in hydro - do we have any tests to determine that?

What is the best Brix method? Most times in life, best <> most popular. Have we stacked alternative brix methods against one another to get outcomes?

None of this is meant to take a shot at DB, who I think is a phenomenal grower and contributor to our community. But I very much think BRIX growing, at least as it pertains to weed, is very much in the experimentation phase. The literature on it (weed + brix specifically) dates back to about 2008. You'd be hard-pressed to convince anyone there's a consensus around topic of research after 8 years.

Again, not to start a war, or to criticize. But my job is data analysis and designing large-scale controlled experiments. By any scientific definition, "Brix" is an experiment.

You should at least learn the vocabulary and glossary before you pronounce such judgements.

FYI, there is reams--no pun intended--of research supporting my methods. I didn't invent it. I am the first to use it for weed and I continue to improve all the time.

Perhaps you could search under different terms and learn a few things. "Brix" is not a style of growing. It is a measurement of sugars and other compounds that bend light in leaf juice.

We are biological growers with highly mineralized soil, major and minor elements in a precise range and proportion. Why this range and proportionality in major/minor elements? Well, it's due to all the research you didn't look at. We know how to grow healthy plants. Everything we do is based on research and is proven science. Has the research been done specifically on cannabis yet? No....but cannabis hasn't been grown this way until recently.

It being like every other plant on God's earth means it too will grow better with living soil that is properly mineralized. All plants do.

Hello Sonora,

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my journal. This is my story about learning how to grow cannabis. There are many different ways that we can chose to get to the end but what you see here is the path I have chosen. I grow with Doc's Kit for many different reasons. Ive never taken a Brix reading or even care to do so, When sharing a smoke with friends I tell them that I grow in mineralized soil and never mention Brix. I don't even recall discussing Brix in my journal except for my chosen method "DBHB Kit" You are more then welcome to stick around and follow me on my adventure but this is NOT the place to discuss other methods of growing or to negatively comment on the path I have chosen. Maybe it wasn't your intention to cause a reaction by your comment but being a member for 7 years and only 69 posts I think that fits the term "Trolling" If you go back to the beginning of this journal you can see that Im still very new to this and if you were wanting to discus this method I think there are better places to post your comments and questions.

Snoop :passitleft:

There's a lot of reasons someone could have been a long-time member and infrequent poster. In my case, it's because I got divorced in 2010. For several years I was focused on putting the pieces back together and taking care of my kids. I like to think that if you look at what I've posted, it tends to be mostly positive, encouraging and curious.

Certainly I didn't intend to come off as a troll, and I regret that's the impression you have.

Best of luck with your grow.

There's a lot of reasons someone could have been a long-time member and infrequent poster. In my case, it's because I got divorced in 2010. For several years I was focused on putting the pieces back together and taking care of my kids. I like to think that if you look at what I've posted, it tends to be mostly positive, encouraging and curious.

Certainly I didn't intend to come off as a troll, and I regret that's the impression you have.

I looked it over yesterday, and I've seen you post over the years. :thumb:

Online communication is so weird ... :laugh:

:Namaste:

I don't care how many posts a member has. I also don't claim to have a complete knowledge of DBHBB kit in general, or Cat timing in particular. I'd love to see various examples.
Rather than tell us how wrong we are, it would be great information to see pictures of when you give the first Cat and then follow up with photos a week or so after the last drench, as well as the finished buds. Shiggity started a thread just for that purpose: Cat Drench Timing. I'd find that useful and it would come across as less confrontational, IMHO. :Namaste:

PM sent

Back
Top Bottom