Snoop Tries Doc's Kit - Spring/Summer 2015

That doesn't quite look like pm to me man more like maybe some spray or some kind of residue ? I just got done cutting all my ladies in veg tent due to pm looked a lot different more like cotton on the leafs but I might be wrong this was my first pm issue maybe it was a good thing since im gonna give docs kit a try and I'll be starting new genetics I hope someone with more expirience can help you out

That doesn't quite look like pm to me man more like maybe some spray or some kind of residue ? I just got done cutting all my ladies in veg tent due to pm looked a lot different more like cotton on the leafs but I might be wrong this was my first pm issue maybe it was a good thing since im gonna give docs kit a try and I'll be starting new genetics I hope someone with more expirience can help you out

Thanks for the input WickedG and that sucks about your PM. On a positive note your going to like the kit. Why pay stupid prices for overpriced fertilizers when you can grow with the kit. Its less then 25$ for a 7 gal and that even includes the pot

Ive done a bit of searching and its defiantly not as bad as some pics ive seen. The only thing Ive ever sprayed were the foliars with the kit and try to keep those to the underside of the leaf but I did get my last batch of RO from a different source :hmmmm:

Just checked on tent and doesn't look any worse (really doesnt look that bad either but need to keep it that way) Finally got down there just before the lights came on and got 2 pics

Love Potion-you can see a couple little spots on the lower leaves. Going to do a little trimming and see what happens
20160131_180024love.jpg

$ MAker
20160131_180038moneymaker.jpg

Hello 420,

Its been an interesting week in the garden for good and bad. Lets start with the good.

Flowers have been developing nicely. Scents are not over powering but man they smell good. The Love Potion is my favorite with its lovely berry scent. Its getting sticky in there as well. It doesn't look like Ill be harvesting a lot of weight but having 3 different strains will be nice.

20160129_183249Lemon.jpg
20160129_183311flower.jpg

The bad news is Powdery Mildew. I first notices it in my veg area, I don't have a proper air exchange in there and it caught up to me. It showed up just after the last water. The plants are getting bigger and they all got watered the same day and humidity spiked. According to my cheap digital temp/humidity monitor ($4.99) my humidity never got higher then 52% but that's inaccurate. It felt like Cuba in there so I put all 4 cheapos and my indoor/outdoor in there to compare. Temps were consistent across the board but humidity varied by about 20%.

Tuesday-Removed infected plant and culled it. Didn't change anything else

Wednesday-More plants affected, Started leaving the door to the room open. Dropped humidity down to about 35-40%. Lowered light closer to the canopy and turned up the heat to make up for the loss of heat do to door being open.

Thursday-Culled more clones, almost half. Wanted to give them more space and avoid any future spikes in humidity. Sprayed a baking soda solution.

Friday- Not seeing anymore spread of PM and whats there doesn't look nearly as bad as it did earlier in the week. Humidity seems to be staying in the 40-50% (could go as low as 35-40% if needed) Some leaves have turned brown form the damage earlier on.

Saturday-Powdery Mildew in the flower tent. Discovered this last night. Will add another fan today and turned up the exhaust fan. Also sprayed Baking Soda mix in there last night (Baking soda, veg oil, soap,water) I figure the spores were on my cloths and were transferred.

Today- No change in veg room but sprayed baking soda solution at lights on. Will check on tent in 5-6 hours

Tuesday
20160126_171007PM.jpg

Saturday
20160131_085506PM2.jpg

I'm looking for any comments or suggestions on how im trying to control this or what you have done in the past that has worked. I'm only 2-3 weeks out(maybe sooner) so don't want to lose the crop but also no point in smoking anything that's going to affect me negatively. I was originally going to go with a sulfur spray but read that the residue left on the leaves and flowers make it unhealthy for smoking/eating.

Would you recommend removing any infected leaves and if so the entire leaf or just infected areas?

Cheers :Rasta:

That doesn't look like PM to me. Wash it off carefully and see if it comes back then we'll talk. Make sure you post in my journal so I don't miss anything.

Good news, bad news

Still not to sure about this white on the leaf. Did my best to wipe down the leaves in veg and bloom and trimmed and trimmed out what I could. Mostly large fan leaves near the bottom of the plants in bloom. Not seeing anything coming back or getting worse. So far this is much better then my first reaction but will continue to keep an eye on it.

When I fist discovered this I also noticed some change in leaf colour and eventually some brown spots started to develop. At the time thought the 2 were related but don't think so any more. Cant think of anything else that I would have done to affect the ratio/biology in the soil.

Took this 3 days ago before I trimmed it. This is a practice clone at 40 days*
20160201_124355b4trim.jpg

Another practice clone at 43 days* (pic taken today)
20160203_10520543days.jpg

and this clone is currently 29 days**
20160203_10494929days.jpg

I took a look at the deficient charts to see what it could be and to be honest I cant tell. These plants are all in my 2nd run soil. The 2 things that think might be the issue are the Worm Castings im using. Its whats available locally at all of the garden centers but doesnt list he N-P-K and the other is the amount of plant matter I put in the 2nd run soil while it sat for a while. One more thing I just thought of is I have never applied epsom salts.

*I really didn't expect the practice clones to make it flower. Just kept them around to see how long it would take for them to get root bound in those pots and to mess around with

**Was planing on transplanting when I harvest in 7-17 days aprox into 15gal but could move them into a 3gal earlier if needed

That isn' PM.
Could it be left over foliars on the plant leaves once they liquid has evaporated? That could also explain the burnt leaves since the stuff is acidic. How heavily do you spray them and what concentrations are you using (sorry - I'm new to your journal). :high-five:

*I really didn't expect the practice clones to make it flower. Just kept them around to see how long it would take for them to get root bound in those pots and to mess around with

**Was planing on transplanting when I harvest in 7-17 days aprox into 15gal but could move them into a 3gal earlier if needed

They look rootbound to me. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

They look rootbound to me. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

those practice clones are pushing 6 weeks so not that surprised about that

white substance is baking soda residue no?

Its possible that I'm seeing some residue but that solution was sprayed after I had originally seen the mystery substance

That isn' PM.
Could it be left over foliars on the plant leaves once they liquid has evaporated? That could also explain the burnt leaves since the stuff is acidic. How heavily do you spray them and what concentrations are you using (sorry - I'm new to your journal). :high-five:

Welcome Major I mix my Brix at 7ml/1 cup RO but usually only spray 1/3 Cup on the plants in the bloom in the 4x4 tent. These clones just get a light spray and have not any for 8 days. trimmed one plant (3 days ago) of most of its damaged leaves but it continues to worsen on other leaves.
All of my drenches were on the low end of .5ml/gal of soil (2/3 oz for 1 batch of soil)

Transplanting does seem to cure problems with young plants from what I've seen. I'll transplant the 3 oldest and see what comes of it.

Howdy 420

I got the veg area cleaned up yesterday. Transplanted in the 3gal and gave the rescue drench. This should work out much better. Only 4 will make it to flower so I'll have a few to pick from and they can have a few weeks to fill in those pots. They were more root bound then I had realized and think that was probably part of the problem Thanks GT and Doc

20160204_1904113gal.jpg

20160204_184102lemon.jpg

Howdy 420 its Day 52

Things are looking good over here at the moment. I didn't get to see them yesterday so it was a nice surprise today when i got to look at them just before the light comes on. I tired a sample of the White Lemon yesterday and for the lowest bud on the plant I like where this is going. Cheers :Rasta:

Love Potion
20160208_175705lovepotion.jpg

$Maker
20160208_175725_maker.jpg

20160208_175800Family.jpg

The plants in veg also responded well to more soil and the rescue drench
20160208_163542lookingbetter.jpg

Chop Chop

I took down the love Potion and the smaller White Lemon tonight. The house is smelling great and Im looking forward to have a few more stains around.:Rasta:

Love Potion 58 days
20160214_175600LP.jpg

White Lemon 58 days Didn't get frosty like the other 2. This one was in the 7g and farther from the light. Never really changed that much in the last 6 days but loving the testers from it
20160214_175704WL3.jpg

Hanging out
20160214_190043Drying.jpg

The final 4. Next round is looking good. Hope to have them in the tent sooner then later
20160213_195021final4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom