Snoop Tries Doc's Kit - Spring/Summer 2015

Hows it going 420

Day 32

Mixed up another batch of soil today, that's always a good time getting in there and tossing it around. Next round Im planing on using 4 15gal and should be able to make better use of my light. Took a few pictures tonight when I was watering and Brix. Next drench will be the first Cat. Ive been getting some lovely smells starting to develop. The Love Potion might be like a fruit punch, White Lemon is yup lemon

Lemon 3

20160119_183213Lemon3.jpg

Lemon 2&5
20160119_183527Lemon25.jpg

$Maker
20160119_183910Love.jpg

20160119_183931_.jpg

Green Love Potion
20160119_190239Love2.jpg

20160119_190301love3.jpg

Family
20160119_190925Family.jpg

Clones are doing good. Trimmed up the bottoms a little, topped a couple going to start shaping them shortly
20160119_192041Clones.jpg

I really like where this is going, the next 4-5 weeks should be good :Rasta:

Thanks guys, will be starting Cat Drench today or tomorrow. Im really loving the look of that white lemon. Even the runt that I almost culled looks good (in my opinion) Duggan you must be on to something with your big pots! It will be interesting to compare yeilds from the 20gal to the 7 :Namaste:

Hey Snoop, remember my brotha...when ya use big pots, try and veg a couple extra weeks to take full advantage of the resources. After I go from the 1 gal's. into the 26ers, there is NO hurry to flip...and you can literally wait as long as you want , to get them as BIG as ya want....but be warned, all you Sativa lovers...they just go wild with all our DBHBB soil and will very quickly out grow your space. just a lil word of caution Snoop. Glad your seeing the potential of lots of soil. Have a look at my four , in the big pots. I'm not worried at all if they're gonna have enough resources, I know they will. All those little problems and concerns others have with their smaller pots in mid bloom, I just don't have. Oh ya, your yields will go up....way up (providing you vegged them longer)Cheers eh!

Hey Snoop, remember my brotha...when ya use big pots, try and veg a couple extra weeks to take full advantage of the resources. After I go from the 1 gal's. into the 26ers, there is NO hurry to flip...and you can literally wait as long as you want , to get them as BIG as ya want....but be warned, all you Sativa lovers...they just go wild with all our DBHBB soil and will very quickly out grow your space. just a lil word of caution Snoop. Glad your seeing the potential of lots of soil. Have a look at my four , in the big pots. I'm not worried at all if they're gonna have enough resources, I know they will. All those little problems and concerns others have with their smaller pots in mid bloom, I just don't have. Oh ya, your yields will go up....way up (providing you vegged them longer)Cheers eh!

Ya man a love your grow right now, their looking great. I think I'll stick to smaller plants for now. Just measured the 3 White Lemon and the 2 in the 20 are 98cm and the one in the 7 is only 84cm that's 15% more growth. So if more growth=more flowers and the only difference is a bigger pot..then its a no brainer. I only have a 3' footprint to work with :Rasta:

Day 36 Flower

Howdy 420

All the plants got the first Cat Drench today. Looking forward to see how they respond over the week(Actually I'll go for a visit when I'm done here, its been a couple hours) ;)

20160123_190702Love.jpg
20160123_190644_.jpg
20160123_190627a.jpg
20160123_190615Lemon.jpg

Nice timing on the Cat drench, I think. :thumb:

And nice photography, too! :love:

Snoop, thanks for sharing your grows. I just read through the whole journal and it was interesting to see your own personal growth, going from chronic over-watering to smooth growing (that's a play on "smooth sailing" in case you missed it) once you got comfortable. Despite the environment challenges, you're making it happen. Awesome!

I'm by no means an expert and I don't want to come off like I think I am, but I did want to echo duggan's advice about vegging for longer. In the soil you're using and with the size of pots you have, you could produce a smaller number of much larger plants. It gets boring having a plant in veg for so long, but the longer she's has to establish her "infrastructure" so-to-speak, the more prepared she'll be to make flowers and lots of them. More veg time and fewer grows, but the same or more amount of product is possible. Burn through fewer beans and tracking/management/etc is simpler with fewer plants, at least for me with my limited time.

Thanks again, Snoop and keep it up! I learned a ton just reading through the community contributions. Really does take a village to raise little ones.

Snoop, thanks for sharing your grows. I just read through the whole journal and it was interesting to see your own personal growth, going from chronic over-watering to smooth growing (that's a play on "smooth sailing" in case you missed it) once you got comfortable. Despite the environment challenges, you're making it happen. Awesome!

I'm by no means an expert and I don't want to come off like I think I am, but I did want to echo duggan's advice about vegging for longer. In the soil you're using and with the size of pots you have, you could produce a smaller number of much larger plants. It gets boring having a plant in veg for so long, but the longer she's has to establish her "infrastructure" so-to-speak, the more prepared she'll be to make flowers and lots of them. More veg time and fewer grows, but the same or more amount of product is possible. Burn through fewer beans and tracking/management/etc is simpler with fewer plants, at least for me with my limited time.

Thanks again, Snoop and keep it up! I learned a ton just reading through the community contributions. Really does take a village to raise little ones.

Thanks a lot for the read through! its been an adventure and learning process forsure CapnKush.

I dont think im ready to go Duggan big (*just seen your monster again and it looks great) yet but I do have this one that might make it to flower

20160124_182826top.jpg

Mornin Smokey....ya , I didn't know about your 3' X 3' footprint! If it was me with that i'de prolly try two 10-15 gal. pots...plenty big but not too big for that space. Just grow two , one in each , that way youl'e fill that 3x3 up really nice and have a great yield from the two plants. cheers brotha , and have an awesome day!

Morning Smokey errr Duggan :;): , Im growing in a 4x4 tent but its my light. Im only using one Mars 900 (410W). I just cant justify buying anything form another country right now do to our low dollar. You know what I mean. I got an idea to max out that light area in the next round. Going to use 4 rubber totes for trays. They will cover a 4x3 area and should hold a 15 gal pot with an 1" gap between the pot and container. The 4 pots will sit under the 3x3 footprint. The problem I have now is im using round trays and the area directly below the light is a wasted space. All of my plants are growing on angels towards the light instead of straight up to the light. That's the plan. Have a great day :Rasta:

Morning Smokey errr Duggan :;): , Im growing in a 4x4 tent but its my light. Im only using one Mars 900 (410W). I just cant justify buying anything form another country right now do to our low dollar. You know what I mean. I got an idea to max out that light area in the next round. Going to use 4 rubber totes for trays. They will cover a 4x3 area and should hold a 15 gal pot with an 1" gap between the pot and container. The 4 pots will sit under the 3x3 footprint. The problem I have now is im using round trays and the area directly below the light is a wasted space. All of my plants are growing on angels towards the light instead of straight up to the light. That's the plan. Have a great day :Rasta:

can you use the totes as the planters? :)

Hello 420,

Its been an interesting week in the garden for good and bad. Lets start with the good.

Flowers have been developing nicely. Scents are not over powering but man they smell good. The Love Potion is my favorite with its lovely berry scent. Its getting sticky in there as well. It doesn't look like Ill be harvesting a lot of weight but having 3 different strains will be nice.

20160129_183249Lemon.jpg
20160129_183311flower.jpg

The bad news is Powdery Mildew. I first notices it in my veg area, I don't have a proper air exchange in there and it caught up to me. It showed up just after the last water. The plants are getting bigger and they all got watered the same day and humidity spiked. According to my cheap digital temp/humidity monitor ($4.99) my humidity never got higher then 52% but that's inaccurate. It felt like Cuba in there so I put all 4 cheapos and my indoor/outdoor in there to compare. Temps were consistent across the board but humidity varied by about 20%.

Tuesday-Removed infected plant and culled it. Didn't change anything else

Wednesday-More plants affected, Started leaving the door to the room open. Dropped humidity down to about 35-40%. Lowered light closer to the canopy and turned up the heat to make up for the loss of heat do to door being open.

Thursday-Culled more clones, almost half. Wanted to give them more space and avoid any future spikes in humidity. Sprayed a baking soda solution.

Friday- Not seeing anymore spread of PM and whats there doesn't look nearly as bad as it did earlier in the week. Humidity seems to be staying in the 40-50% (could go as low as 35-40% if needed) Some leaves have turned brown form the damage earlier on.

Saturday-Powdery Mildew in the flower tent. Discovered this last night. Will add another fan today and turned up the exhaust fan. Also sprayed Baking Soda mix in there last night (Baking soda, veg oil, soap,water) I figure the spores were on my cloths and were transferred.

Today- No change in veg room but sprayed baking soda solution at lights on. Will check on tent in 5-6 hours

Tuesday
20160126_171007PM.jpg

Saturday
20160131_085506PM2.jpg

I'm looking for any comments or suggestions on how im trying to control this or what you have done in the past that has worked. I'm only 2-3 weeks out(maybe sooner) so don't want to lose the crop but also no point in smoking anything that's going to affect me negatively. I was originally going to go with a sulfur spray but read that the residue left on the leaves and flowers make it unhealthy for smoking/eating.

Would you recommend removing any infected leaves and if so the entire leaf or just infected areas?

Cheers :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom