Snoop Tries Doc's Kit - Spring/Summer 2015

Hey Snoop, just checking in. I get that fading in veg sometimes too. Some strains just seem more prone to fade when the temps drop too low. I got 2 different strains that are the same age and have been fed the same drenches and 1 is shiny as all hell and the other looks hungry. It is the sativa that is fading and looks hungry while the indica dom. looks fantastic. That seems backwards to me. I raised my night time temps a couple degrees (to 70) to see if that helps. I'll stay tuned. Have a good one.

Hey Snoop, just checking in. I get that fading in veg sometimes too. Some strains just seem more prone to fade when the temps drop too low. I got 2 different strains that are the same age and have been fed the same drenches and 1 is shiny as all hell and the other looks hungry. It is the sativa that is fading and looks hungry while the indica dom. looks fantastic. That seems backwards to me. I raised my night time temps a couple degrees (to 70) to see if that helps. I'll stay tuned. Have a good one.

Indica's are used to cool nights....Sativas not so much. Makes perfect sense!

Yesterday when the lights came on I stuck a thermometer in a pot. The soil was 63.2 after 2-3 hours it was low 70. I didn't expect it to be that low. So then I tried the bins of soil. There upstairs, I figured theses should be in that 68-70 range....they were just creeping into 67. Not the news I was looking for. I changed out the heater/light to trying something different. Looks like I'll need to turn the heat up or add a space heater to the soil room as well. Hopefully I can get this corrected sooner then later. Thanks guys :Rasta:

Hey Snoop....ya these temps this time of yr. really give a lot of us trouble, that's for sure! remember adding a space heater to the GR these days will no doubt help our problem but gives us two more to deal with the dry electric heat just dries out the air terribly and makes the RH drop like a stone....the other problem is of course the extra $$$$ on our hydro bills. I know from past yrs(last yr.) the lil 750/1500w electric heater I was using was costing me an additional 100 bones a month on my bill! NOT GOOD! In my situation that can't happen , the resources are just not there with only one income and two kids and a house and vehicle to run. That's why I'm gonna cut another hole and run another duct right from my furnace , right to the base of the GR....now all I have to do is get off my ass and DO IT! Cheers Snoop!

I hear you duggan. Its hard living out here these days. Just need to get this figured out with what I have or at a min cost. One option is building a small room to put the tent in. Its in the corner of the basement so would only need 2 more walls. Then the furnace vent thats there would be heating a 8x10 room instead of half the basement. I find it really frustrating that Im dealing with the same issue from last grow. I should be dealing with new issues :tokin: I love the kit and know im on the right path, just need to fix a few things.

Ya eh Snoop. I hear ya brotha. Your idea sounds like you've bin thinking of it a while....eh....eh! that's a great fix for ya pal. I know ...the money for supplies and stuff. I get it . Do it , and be done with it. don't forget to make it a lil bigger than ya need. be nice to have extra room for stuff. Cheers pal....lets get off our kiesters and fix our problems before it gets too cold (-10-20) outside.

I hear you duggan. Its hard living out here these days. Just need to get this figured out with what I have or at a min cost. One option is building a small room to put the tent in. Its in the corner of the basement so would only need 2 more walls. Then the furnace vent thats there would be heating a 8x10 room instead of half the basement. I find it really frustrating that Im dealing with the same issue from last grow. I should be dealing with new issues :tokin: I love the kit and know im on the right path, just need to fix a few things.

as Doc and others say environment is most important :) the other problems you might not even get when you fix your environment.
mine is not perfect yet either....tweaking but once dialed in you get the stuff that Doc and many others now are achieving...
I'm getting there.. :)

Ya eh Snoop. I hear ya brotha. Your idea sounds like you've bin thinking of it a while....eh....eh! that's a great fix for ya pal. I know ...the money for supplies and stuff. I get it . Do it , and be done with it. don't forget to make it a lil bigger than ya need. be nice to have extra room for stuff. Cheers pal....lets get off our kiesters and fix our problems before it gets too cold (-10-20) outside.

good advice, Duggan....build bigger if you can..before you need it. :)

... I still have to insulate my concrete room ... :straightface: Last year, with 500 watts of heater and 1000 watts of light with a 65 degree intake temp, I still had a hard time keeping day temps over 75. :laughtwo:

We got our first sub-freezing highs this week ...

... I still have to insulate my concrete room ... :straightface: Last year, with 500 watts of heater and 1000 watts of light with a 65 degree intake temp, I still had a hard time keeping day temps over 75. :laughtwo:

We got our first sub-freezing highs this week ...

Wow, I figured with all those lights they would be putting out more heat. I find it interesting how the climate in our own areas provides different challenges for each of us. Im dealing with 5 months of below freezing temperatures but during the summer my basement is still below 70-° im happy that i dont need to run AC to keep the tent cool.

Ok guys this picture makes me happy. This is the first time I have seen the fuzz in my soil. I culled this plant maybe a week ago and tossed it in the bin. Nothing was happening. Added a heater to the soil room to keep it around 70 about 30 hours ago and boom, we got fuzz. Soil temp is currently 69. :cheesygrinsmiley:

20151121_162122.jpg

Ok guys this picture makes me happy. This is the first time I have seen the fuzz in my soil. I culled this plant maybe a week ago and tossed it in the bin. Nothing was happening. Added a heater to the soil room to keep it around 70 about 30 hours ago and boom, we got fuzz. Soil temp is currently 69. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

I had to learn that lesson, too. And be sure to keep it well moistened.

Hello, I just had the girls out of the tent for there first dunk in there final containers. Im not sure why but the pics are sideways. They were looking right before I uploaded them so not sure whats up, sorry about that. There all about 5 weeks old except for Love Potion which is about 4 weeks. There still a little small but overall Id say there healthier now that there in the bigger pots. I added a small fan by the intake and low temps have been better. Also add 2 germinating mats under the 7 gal pots to see if that would help with the soil temps. Its better then what it was but still room for improvement. One of my humidifies crapped out this week so those numbers have been on the low side. Tried adding a bucket of water and used an old humidifier filter as a wick to see if that would help but didnt make much difference. Im expecting big things this week now that they have had a nice drink of Growth and Tea. That should also help with the humidity :Rasta:

Money Maker
20151127_182507.jpg

White Lemon#3
20151127_183532.jpg

Green Love Potion
20151127_185336.jpg

Family Shot
20151127_200537.jpg

Hello 420

Its been a good week in the tent. After reading Docs post I trimmed everyone up too 3-4 tops. I can really see them leaning towards the light. Depending on how they grow this week I might trim off the branches that are on the shady side. Have a good weekend :Rasta:

Green Love Potion, was topped a few days ago
20151205_190542.jpg

$Maker Coming along nicely
20151205_191702.jpg

White Lemon #3
20151205_204349.jpg

Family shot-$Maker (bottom left) Love Potion (middle right) Everything else Lemon
20151205_204540.jpg

Howdy 420,

Trimmed up the girls again tonight and took some clones. Ive never grown from clones before so looking forward to it.

Lemon#3
20151212_193226.jpg
20151212_193242.jpg

$Maker (Hindu Kush, Master Kush, Skunk#1) :tokin:

20151212_195245.jpg

Lemon 2/Lemon 5
20151212_195414.jpg

Green Love Potion-Im loving the fat leaves
20151212_195438.jpg

Couple clones
20151212_195903.jpg

Back