Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

Thanks Mike, thanks Monster. Yea, good water quality is something I need to deal with. I'm working on another room that will have RO water to work with. Problem is, it's in a different building. So for now, I will have to finish this grow (both) with what I have. I became aware early on how bad the water was and how hard it is to balance that out. I still am!
No regrets from me. This is what it's all about. In an odd sort of way, if you don't trip and fall a few times, you'll never learn. I mean, if the first time I tried this and all was flawless, what would I gain for when it does happen? :reading420magazine:Besides, I love a good challenge, and this certainly has been that!!
Okay. Been watching the Ph in the RW room. dropping as I figured. The leafs don't look any worse with the reduced nutes and the Ph drops. I don't want to raise the nutes for fear of hurting the leafs anymore, so I guess I'll have to adjust the Ph up. (at 5.4 now) Tedious, but what else can I do? Seems to be 'catch 22'.
Have;t checked the DWC girls yet today. I'll see what they need. I can see they both need a gallon, at least, of something.

Thanks, again guys, Andy.

:volcano-smiley: 4/1/15
Welp, it's day 67 of flower for the girls in RW. Found a fantastic website SeedFinder.eu :: Marijuana Strain Database | Search | Research . You can find thousands of seed reviews and all the strain info on them. What I learned is, the PC flower time = finish 55-60 days. The L.A. Con flower time = 55-60 days. The MK flower time = 63 days. So. What's up? Day 67 and I have mostly clear trics on 2 and mostly cloudy on one. Is this a case of underfeeding? I don't understand why I would be so far behind. I suppose all the problems I have run into could delay things.....

A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_xx.jpg

The DWC girls are going like crazy! Despite having hacked them up twice in a week, (and I mean hacked!) the two sisters are looking damn nice, if I do say so myself! This is day 38 of flower for them. I'm going to hold off for a little while and then try 'back building' on them. I only have about 6" left of adjustment for the light. I may have to screw the light to the ceiling for the final stretch of the grow. I tell you something has got to be wrong here, this really can't be this easy?!?! This little room is going to be absolutely perfect for a single plant in SoG. I'm going to recess the bucket into the floor of the cabinet and pick up at least a foot of grow room. Add a scrog and that P-300 should do a really nice job on a single girl.Got it all picked out and sitting in the bullpen. It will be a Delicious - Critical Sensi Star. Yield 450-500 g/m2 and 21% THC. Indy dom 10/90.
A couple pics of the DWC girls.
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_f.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_e.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_b.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_a.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_2.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_3.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_1.jpg

I took the PC out of the bucket to do some hacking on the MK in the back so I snapped a couple shots sitting in the room. I gotta say I'm loving those flowers, man. :thumb: I took these clones on 1/31. This is them today. I love growing these plant indoors! It's amazing how relaxing this is.

A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_e.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_d.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_31_15_c.jpg

For instance, I haven't even once complained about my day yesterday. I have a barn I was going to set a room up in so yesterday it was nice out and I thought I'd go out and prep a nice 20X20 spot out to set up. I have planned to grow 5 Barney's - LSD (fem) and 5 Nirvana's - White Rhino with a possible 2 Medicann - Blue Blood for a friend. (THC 15-20% CBD 10% 70/30 Indy 56 day flower). Looking for a good, high CBD strain to see if we can get some relief of the onset of Parkinson's for Mom and a neighbors' wife. I'd really like something lower in THC and higher in CBDs, if anyone can think of one. The ladies aren't looking for the high, but the relief. Nope. You didn't see me go off when I slid the door to my 30X60 barn with my tractor an 4 wheeler and tons of plumbing equipment and saw the fucking roof sitting on the floor inside.....

aa39.jpg
aaa10.jpg
aaaa4.jpg
a246.jpg
aaaaaaa3.jpg

Got some goodies a week ago......

New_Seeds_3_25_153_31_15_x.jpg
New_seeds_.jpg

Nope. You don't hear me complaining that, while surrounded by a sea of green with two grow rooms flowering and one very healthy mother PC in her own little box, I'm out of weed and have been for 2 days..... Nope. Not me.

I wonder........

I wonder if life smokes a cigarett after every time it fucks me? AAhhh, why complain.
Buy a pack, life, I know you're not done with me by a LLOOOOOOOOONNNNNGG SHOT!! C'mon Life, tell me how for some reason or other my Ins won't pay for this.... I know you can do it, Life.... I'm all greased up....

Lololol. Sorry, Got all caught up on not giving a shit.
See ya, Andy.

:adore::helpsmilie::helpsmilie: Okay Life. You've had your little joke on me. Go have a smoke and get off my ass already.
So I'm out of bud and I called a bud who said he had some bud he could give a bud. Great! I meet him at BK and we have lunch and he palms me some smoke. Between that and going to the truck, I lost it. Didn't notice till I got down the road. Went back but it's gone. Of coarse.
I've had just about enough of this shit, life. Enough. Go pick on somebody else. Of coarse the barn isn't covered by Ins. Why would they cover snow anyway? Ice? Sure. Wind? Yea, we cover that. Snow? Well that's just a fucking shame, now isn't it.
If I don't catch a break soon I'm going to flip.

Looking great Andy. Just curious do you start counting flower from the flip or from pistols? Gratz on all the new genetics. Hope you and your mom are doing well. R4 and Charlotte's web are both high CBD low THC but they are both clone only far as I know.

Thanks Sub. I started counting days from the flip. Is that not how it's done? I've never 'watched' a plant grow like this. Everything was outdoors and I/we never kept track of that. We always just let them grow till the leafs turned and then chopped. Very barbaric and definitely hit or miss on potency. Untill this grow, I'd never bought a seed before. As you can see, I've graduated to a better place. Thanks for the strain report. I'll look into that for sure. I'm keeping an eye on Gov's Hibrix grow. He's looking for the same thing. I have a lot of research to do on oils and edibles. Mom can't/won't smoke it, so I'll have to figure out what works best for her and I. Not having the best of days today, but I'll start bean shopping again soon.
Thanks, bud, Andy.

This round of flower I switched it up. Started counting from when I saw pistols. Basically all my boosters are about a week behind from my regular schedule. I definitely feel like the flowers are bigger earlier this round. Maybe my boosters are hitting a more optimal time. It also pushes that finish date a bit cause you would consider first week or two transition rather than flower.

Check out SweetSue's journal she has been on a edible kick the last couple weeks. There are recipes and ways to extract all over them pages.
Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED
Hope that helps brother

Peace, My friend. I will check her stuff out! Thanks for the 411.
I just left your page, m8. Seems we're crossing paths tonight.

Oh, and using your method of counting, I would be in weeks 1 and 7 with my girls. Somehow saying it like that makes me feel better. Hahahahahah. Like everything is on schedule. Perfect. :)

Sub me in for the rest!
I thought I'd leave some info for you. If you are using GH CALiMAGic it has the lowest N of all the Calcium Magnesium supplements. For Hydro, I do about 1ml per liter, 4ml per gallon. Using those LEDs mean they want CalMag constantly. I'll input a pictorial graph about ph and why you need to keep it steady. There is small room for error with your ph. Ph allows the plant to uptake different minerals like N P K and others. I keep mine at 5.8 with my hempys and my veggie garden which is also hydro.
Check the links in my signature for some more helpful (I hope) info.

pH_chart714.jpg

Grow green pal.

WJ
:geek:

Welcome aboard, Jim. Thanks for your input!
Grow on, ANDY.

What I've been doing is getting the PH up to around 6.0 and letting it drift back to 5.5-5.6 and then bump it back up. I figure it's getting the best of all world that way.

B 0082"]For those of you following along, I still haven't found two Ph solution bottles and two TDS meters. :loopy::rollingeyes:

Is anyone else having problems with the window box in the "post quick reply" section here? The first couple lines are completely illedgible. Been like this (at my end any way) for the last 2 days.

Thanks Dusty :) Merry Easter to you too, my friend. Yea, Nirvana and Herbies been very very good to me:) .
Now that I've had a few days to think about everything, life, the barn, my financial situation, more life, I've come up with a game plan. I'm going to run away. I called a buddy that owns a scuba diving outfit in Tobago last night and he needs some help with operating the dives. I'm going to go down and hang out under water with him for a while. As soon as the DWC girls are done, so am I. I'm heading south. Last time I went there, I planned a 10 day stay - stayed 3 weeks. This time the return ticket is open-ended. If you've followed or read this journal, you'll notice a pattern. I think it up, and then I find a way to make it happen. I'm fucking done. If I don't get away for a while, I'm really going to snap. The urge to buy a bottle of rum and get lost for a while is really stacking up and that is scary thing. So,....... I have to go decompress. I do this every 8-10 years weather I need to or not.

Well. That's all from gloomy Ohio.
T/C, Andy.

Edit: Airline tickets are paid for.
May 24th 8pm my toes will be in sand. I'll stick around to finish the DWC and then POOF! Gone.

"Nope. You didn't see me go off when I slid the door to my 30X60 barn with my tractor an 4 wheeler and tons of plumbing equipment and saw the fucking roof sitting on the floor inside..... "

Ok,did I read that right? You had a roof collapse? ! Well, keep on pluggin man. Good read, I'll be sticking around to learn myself. My wife suffers from lyme and we're just now getting into the therapeutics of mj. I'm hoping I'll have the money and space within the next few months to get my own grow up and going.

Yep, you read right, Epsilon, the roof fell in. I have figured out how to fix it. I'm running away from home. Going to Tobago for a month. Bought the ticket today. I'll deal with that barn when I get back. I should still be able to get a nice grow in before winter.
Good luck with your wife and your first grow! This Web site is foolproof! There is nothing you can't grow with the help you'll find here. Thanks for stopping in today, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom