Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

Have you got something to look at the trich's yet Andy?

I still say they are still a ways from being done, they even look like they are in a good growth/swell spurt.

3/2/15

DWC and Coco girls got a little trim today. They are growing like weeds! Ph keeps climbing like crazy. Found them sitting in 7.0 water today. Ph-ed the rezes. TDS is about 400. Coco girl is doing really well. Trimmed all the girls up a bit and fimmed. Got a couple clones in there that are for a buddy that hasn't picked them up yet. They really need to be in smart pots, but I don't have room.

Have you noticed a difference in how the plants are behaving between the various grow mediums?

--Rush

Absolutly! Big differences.
The coco and perlite clone has the best overall health. Leaf colour, size, structure, etc. Roots took off as soon as the rockwool hit the coco.
The DWC took longer to get moving, but once the roots hit the rez, pow! I'm not at all happy with the DWC setup. RDWC has GOT to be the better choice for bucket growing.
And the recirculating rockwool grow, I can't give an honest evaluation to. I had so many things go wrong from the start, that I can't say anything bad about it.
I did get some seeds and as soon as this grow is on a drying rack, I'm popping a couple. Just 2 plants this time. Bubblelicious fem seeds.

I got a pair of jewellers glasses today and took some pics of the Master Kush and 2-3 of the Pineapple Chunk. Sunday started week 6 of flower.
Shitty order on the pics, sorry.

Master_K_closeup_8.jpg
Master_K_closeup_5.jpg

Flowers....
Master_K_closeup_9.jpg
Master_K_closeup_7.jpg
Master_K_closeup_6.jpg
Master_K_closeup_4_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
Master_K_closeup_3_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
Master_K_closeup_2_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
Master_K_closeup_1_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
Master_K_closeup_10.jpg
Master_K_closeup_13.jpg
Master_K_closeup_12.jpg
Master_K_closeup_11.jpg
Master_K_closeup_14.jpg
Master_K_closeup_15.jpg
Master_K_closeup_16.jpg

That's where I'm at, kids. :)

Welcome, high420. :)
Things are looking good here. Happy to have you on board. :)

I love it bud.

Thanks Dusty :) Congratulations on your mini DK. :) I see your grow is coming along well! :thumb:
I'm on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

3/8/15

Holy shit. I'm losing my memory. My mind! I'm trying to help some friends out so I bought two sets of ph meters, TDS meters, RH-Thermometers, Ph calibrating solution CFLs, hoods, smart pots, etc, and had them bolth come over to pick the stuff up and grab some clones (free). They're buddies and I just wanted to give them a start. Weellll, 12 solid hours of tearing the house apart and I still haven't found the Ph solution or the TDS meters. WTF!!!!!

I swear it's getting worse. I had them in my hands last week. I checker the calibration agianst my own equipment. I had them.

And I was looking at the DWC room tonight and thinking,'boy, theese things sure are big in this little room for only a few weeks old....'
Well, looking back, this is the start of week 6! lol. forgot ti flip them. This should be interesting. 2 DWC buckets and 1 coco plant in a room that should only have maybe one plant in it. Can't LST. Can't SCROG. hell, barely enough room to trim a fan leaf! Sooo, I'm going to just let them run wild. The light is the limit. lol
DWC_a_grow_1.jpg

It's an old pic, but you get the idea. 19"X32"X36" of growing room. One P-300 light. The girls are up to 14-15 inches, so I'm screwed. Definatly a one-plant dwarf species room. Now I know. Lesson learned.
Found this pic from a week ago. they have doubled in size and the little clones are gone now.
DWC_3_2_15_F.jpg

This room is going to be one, giant, stuffed room of leafes!!!

Okay, I'm off to go look for my missing stuff. Peace! :peacetwo::peace::helpsmilie::hmmmm::dreamy::scratchinghead:

I'm still looking!! Still looking, Mono. A mind is a terrible thing to waste..... Grrrrr
Looks like another call to Amazon is coming.

:byebye::ganjamon:Lol. Order already placed. That's 44 bucks I didn't need to spend helping friends. I already have two TDS meters. Guess now I have 4. Lol oh well, it's for a good cause. Thanks for the cheering up, Mono.

:green_heart: 3/10/15

1- 4X8X6.8 tent ✔
1- Mars Hydro 600 10 band reflector series light ✔
1- Mars Hydro 300 10 band reflector series light ✔
1- reclaimed comercial combustion blower motor for venting (for starters) ✔
1- wall mount 18" osl. fan ✔

At least one more 600 wt light needed to start this....But getting there. Between Ebay and Amazon, got about 700 into it. Not bad, I think.

The Girls:

Found mites on the Pineapple Chunk again. A few on the ajacent LA Con. Sprayed a bit, but can't really get to the whole plant. Just no room. Trichomes on her are all cloudy. The LA C and MK are mostly clear still. Bud's are getting denser now. Wonderful to sit and vegetate over for hours! :green_heart:

The DWC and Coco girls are just nuts! The growth spurt is just unbelievable. Going to do a drastic topping on all 3 today and clone them for a bud. Then it's a few days of rest, maybe another week, and it's off to flowering. I can see how to get 4 nice tops on each with just a little snip. Gonna try and keep 'em low.

I'll try to post some pics tonight on the chopping. Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Andy.

Anyone have an opinion about adding g a light to my grow room @ week 7 of flower? It would take nothing at all to hang a Mars 600 in there. All the hangers are already just sitting there....waiting. I've got 600 watts going in there now, so it would be doubling it. Too much? Don't want to cause any problems......

3/11/15

Welp, I took clones yesterday of the MK and PC in DWC room. That's it for that strain for a while. I got in a work 'zone' yesterday and forgot to take pics of the girls before I topped them. Sorry. Snapped a couple of the clones and one of the kids after I was done. I tooh a GOOD 4-6 inches off. Gonna let them start branching a bit more and the off to flower. Another grow behind schedule.

A_Last_clones_MK_PC_1.jpg
A_Last_clones_MK_PC_2.jpg
A_Last_clones_MK_PC_3.jpg
A_Last_clones_MK_PC_4.jpg

And with not hearing any opinions one way or the other, I hung a 600 watt light. what the hell, the rigging was there. going to have to add a fan to exaust the room. that light puts off some heat!
So anyway, a few pics...

A_new_MH_600_light_1.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_2.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_3.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_4.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_10.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_5.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_6.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_7.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_8.jpg
A_new_MH_600_light_9.jpg

Notice the stem on the one clone? Hollow. no way to keep air from getting trapped. thinl it'll make it?? Hope so. They're for a friend.

The 3 Amigas in flower are doing okay. The mites did a number on the PC leafs. Shit happened. Added raw water to rez to bring up Ph and cool rez down. Getting some cloudy on the L A C. MK is lagging behind......
As soon as theese clones are out of my hair, I pop 2 Bubblicious beans. Even if I just use the 4 P-150s, this should still be friggin awsom!
The coco girl, I'm thinking, I'll stick in a box a 150w CFL and just train the shit out of if in veg for howerver long I like. I dunno. I just know it has to leave the room it's in.
Where did that snowball come from??
So that's the latest installment of "As The Old Man Grows".
Thanks all, Andy.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom