Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

:circle-of-love: Thanks Sub. I'm living large! I love the new toys. Makes keeping up at a glance so easy. I always have this impending feeling of doom when things go too well. I'm there. lol
I called Mark last week and busted his balls a little. I said "how many lights does a guy gotta buy in 3 months to qualify for a free shirt? Apparently 5 isn't the number!" .................. So a shirt showed up the other day...... :) :)

Note to self: It takes 6+ Ozs to get through a grow cycle. Plan accordingly. (Or was that Veg cycle?)

Yea, that Pineapple Chunk took off on me! From the stem up, she's 50". The Master Kush would have passed it up if I hadn't trained the hell out of it. Next grow in this room will be just two plants and the same kind. Bubblicious is next for this room, I think.
The RW grow is almost mechanical, at this stage. The DWC is another story. Ph is jumping all over the place. I've got to get a handle on this. The small rez's change so fast, you have to keep on it daily. No biggie, I got this! The mystery girl in coco in the DWC room is looking like a Pineapple Chunk. That little clone is absolutely perfect! I mean not one thing looks bad. No mites, no burn, leaves are a deep, rich green. Bushy and pushing new growth! First time with coco for me, so this first time result is just amazing to me.
Thanks for stopping by, Mono, Andy.:circle-of-love::Namaste:

The PC is looking like it's going to be a giant plant filled with ping pong sized balls of buds. Starting at the base of the plant to the tips. Loaded! The MC, on the other hand, is growing what appears to be, some large colas. (or going to be). Daily the tops are condensing what looked like several small buds on a branch to one long, giant bud. Watching this girl is a thrill, to say the least. The poor, old LA Confidential, however, is just a shame. she's so crowded that she just can't form the flowers she wants to. I'd like to plant this stain under better conditions. This plant has a very distinctive look to it. Huge leafs. The shade of green is far deeper than the others. The stem on this plant is virtually non-existent. Maybe 6" and then it's just a big (well, wants to be) bush. LST on her was a complete waste of time. Very slow to take off in veg. This plant would do well in a pot. I'd like to see this stain in better growing conditions. I'ts a shame too. I've herd nice things about LAC. I'll get some decent buds off her, but not much, I think.
It may seem that I'm rambling here, but this is for my own benefit later down the road as a reference point. I tend to remember things better if I write them down once or twice. I keep a written journal along with this one too. ( Some BS the Dr.s say I have. Dyslexia. ) Sorry if some things seem redundant or superfluous, but it serves a purpose.
I guess I don't understand how to use the search engine on :420:. I've tried using it to look up specific plants , lights, or people and it always comes up 'couldn't locate'. I've tried refining the search and got nowhere. It is me, I'm sure. I think the sheer volume of text on this site is just too much for the search engine to sort through it.
More rambling to come, Andy.:circle-of-love::Namaste::high-five:

Andy, as long as the pH stays between 5.7 - 6.2 you will be fine...also, I see a little leaf tip clawing & dark green leaves, so back off on the Nitrogen. I think you said you used GH Flora Nova Grow & Bloom, so if the directions are still having you add Grow, you can drop that amount back, in flower you want more P-K and less N.

Hiya Buddro, the DWC girls are GH Flora Nova fed. They are not in flower yet, Buddro. Another 4 weeks or so, I think. Currently the rez temps in the buckets is reaching 75f and I'm wondering what to do about that. I've kicked around putting my pump outside to pick up on the cold air, but nobody chimed in to give me pros and cons. Guess it's up to me.
the PH can raise or drop 2 points overnight, Buddro. It's hard to get a handle on it yet. I'll learn the cause and effect for this before the end of this grow. With friends like you and the others, how could I go wrong??
Thanks M8.

2/26/15

A few more pics. Ph is continuing to drop. I brought it up to 6.2 from 5.4. It keeps creeping down for some reason. Well, theese are from the past 24 hours. 0 order. Too lazy tonight.

A_update_2_23_15_B.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_C.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_D.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_E.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_F.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_G.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_I.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_J.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_K.jpg
A_update_2_23_15_L.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_A.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_B.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_C.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_D.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_E.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_F.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_H.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_J.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_K.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_L.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_M.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_N.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_O.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_P.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_R.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_S.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_T.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_U.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_V.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_W.jpg

:)

Chugging along, Mono & Buddro. I did put a new post in the grow room help section about flushing. What am I going to do if one girl starts finishing first? I see some leafs turning a bit on the MK and I don't think it's nutes.
We'll see what happens.
A couple pics.
Rock_wool_flush_1.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_2.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_3.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_4.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_5.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_6.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_7.jpg
Rock_wool_flush_8.jpg

2/28/15

I don't know why, but the Ph keeps dropping on me. Lots. A pic of the rez this morning and one from 2 days ago.
MK_leaf_turn_1.jpg
A_update_2_26_15_U.jpg

Water/nute draw seems to be fairly even. I'll add 5 gal of Ph'd water in a week, but rez keeps dropping.

A few more bud pics....
RW_2_28_15_A.jpg
RW_2_28_15_B.jpg
RW_2_28_15_C.jpg
RW_2_28_15_D.jpg
RW_2_28_15_E.jpg
RW_2_28_15_F.jpg
RW_2_28_15_G.jpg

And a couple DWC before and after shots......
Pineapple Chunk
DWC_Start_1_31_15_Just_in_21.jpg
DWC_2_28_15_B_PC.jpg
DWC_2_28_15_A_PC.jpg

Master Kush
DWC_Start_1_31_15_Just_in_31.jpg
DWC_2_28_15_D_MK.jpg
DWC_2_28_15_C_MK.jpg

Things are going along slowly, buy surly.

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine:

3/2/15

Okay. I took a couple pics last night of the MK and the PC. First 3 are the Pineapple Chunk flowers. The following 5 are of the Master Kush. Note the stages of flowering. Should I be thinking of flushing??

PC
Master_K_1.jpg
Master_K_2.jpg
Master_K_3.jpg

MK
Master_K_4.jpg
Master_K_5.jpg
Master_K_6.jpg
Master_K_7.jpg
Master_K_8.jpg

Thoughts???

Thanks guys, Andy.:volcano-smiley:

3/2/15

DWC and Coco girls got a little trim today. They are growing like weeds! Ph keeps climbing like crazy. Found them sitting in 7.0 water today. Ph-ed the rezes. TDS is about 400. Coco girl is doing really well. Trimmed all the girls up a bit and fimmed. Got a couple clones in there that are for a buddy that hasn't picked them up yet. They really need to be in smart pots, but I don't have room.

So a couple before and after shots.

DWC_3_2_15_A.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_B.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_C.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_G.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_E.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_F.jpg
DWC_3_2_15_D.jpg

Peace, Love and Rock and Roll, Andy.:thumb::Namaste:

They are looking very healthy and flowering very nicely. I like the kush varieties myself.

Thanks Zero. I'm looking forward to trying it too! :) I wish that L.A. Con. had amounted to something, but that's my own fault. Live and learn. That's what this whole grow was about. It's led me to trying Coco and DWC so far. + I just bought a 4X8 tent I plan on doing some fun things in! :hmmmm::hmmmm::dreamy::idea::idea:

:reading420magazine:Visions of Big Rooms dancing in my head......

Back
Top Bottom