Older - Wiser & Stoned Enough To Try Hydro - Look What Happened!

Your grow is looking great. Are you satisfied with the P 150's so far?
Also I couldnt find out what size wire your using for the very clever hanger mechanism.
Overall you have a nice closet setup, keep up the good work.

Yea, I'm happy with them, zero. I just have the light for a future room so while I'm waiting for warmer weather, I could use the 600 for a grow indoors. Not sure I want to tackle hydro in the summer without a chiller or a really nice venting system and a/c. Not sure I want that cost when I can do this outdoors. Got a barn I can use. Annnnyway...
I don't know what light you have, but just measure the eyelet hole and head to the Lowe's neer you ;-)
Cheers! :cheer:

3/14/115

Made a clone/veg box today. Pulled the coco PC out of the DWC room and I'm going to veg and LST the shit out of her. I have a 125 watt CFL 24/7 going in there. room is a steady 78 f and the clone dome is @ 91% RH. For anyone interested, I take a class of clean water and a small air stone and pump, set it under the hood. Great for keeping RH high for cloning or popping seeds.

The RW girls are coming along well. The mites are getting to the PC hard! I'm about to spray again, but it's just not possible to get to all the plant. The buds, however, are getting noticably denser - thicker. Got mostly cloudy on two out of three girls so far. This is day 49 of flower. :morenutes:

So the first 5 are the new box. (literally. 2X2X3) and then some randome shots from today. Nute change tomorrow. (No, I haven't been running the Ph this low. It creeps down daily on it's own).

Clone_room_2.jpg
Clone_room_5.jpg
Clone_room_4.jpg
Clone_room_3.jpg
Clone_room_1.jpg

Randoms

a_20150314_1.jpg
a_20150314_2.jpg
a_20150314_3.jpg
a_20150314_4.jpg
a_20150314_5.jpg
a_20150314_6.jpg
a_20150314_8.jpg
a_20150314_9.jpg

That's it. Maybe tomorrow I'll use some backlight and get some nice bud and tricomes pics. A nice camara is definatly needed......:volcano-smiley::Namaste: Andy.

Andy, hollow clone stem is normal when you take it from a thick stem/stalk, you might want to cut that longer like a 60 degree cut..it helps with a bigger rooting surface...just FYI.

:welcome: 3/15/15

Thank you Mono, Dusty & Buddro. High praise indeed coming from you guys! Sometimes the Minions need that pat on the back from the Royals. It truely means alot! I'm just grinding on :)

That stem shot was last week Buddro. I did re cut that to a steaper angle. Just waiting on some roots so I can get them into red solo cups and get them out of my hair! I would like to use the clone box and pop some new beans for the next RW grow. 2 Bubblishious fem seeds are in the bull pen.

Did a nute change on the RW girls tonight. A day late. Sprayed PC last night. Leafs look a little better today. I may give it another shot in a couple days. The MK is having some bad leaf trouble. I think this may be due to the drop in Ph I had the last couple days. I wasn't able to give the room the time it needed. 12/12 is really a small window when you have everyday life to deal with too. Where does the day go? I went with a little under the reccomended 3-5 ml/ltr on the Cal/Mag and 2.5 ml/ltr Mag/Pro. Full strenth according to the charts. It's wait and see time.

I chopped the hell out of the DWC girls again. They are just growing like crazy! I thinned out a lot of leafs around the stem and a bunch of fan leafs. Whacked a few tops too. Screw it. I'll just go for a few nice colas. This grow, like the RW, is for fun and learning. The lack of room is going to kill me. The next time I use this room will be with one plant and SCROG! I know that room and the right bean, that room will grow a small monster! It is going to be too late in the year to do another DWC. Will have to wait till fall. Tiny room. One plant and 300 watts of PlatinumLED light. Counter - sink the 5 gal bucket to gain another 12" of highth and that grow is going to ROCK!

Nute change for the DWC girls tonight. Base nutes + Cal/Mag @ 3ml/ltr and Bud Candy @ 2 ml/ltr. Running about 420 ppm and 5.7 Ph. Might be a little lean on the nutes. I may give them a little more base to eat. Let's see what kind of growth I get after this last chop. Again I zoned out and didn't take the before pics, But you can see a couple days ago after the clone taking, what it looked like. No BS, these girls are growing an inch a day and I can't slow it down. Got the lights low to keep streach down to a min....
Anywho, The pics :

A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_1.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_2.jpg
A_DWC_trim_3_16_15_1st_week_flower_3.jpg

Wish I had some pics of the MK leafs. I'll see if they get any worse.

Thanks for the praise, Guys!
Andy.
:high-five::thanks:

:helpsmilie:

So I got a couple pics tonight. Any ideas? It just seems to be the Master Kush.

MK_3_17_a.jpg
MK_3_17_d.jpg
MK_3_17_c.jpg
MK_3_17_b.jpg

Help?

I was running cal mag @ about 3ml per gal last week and cut it back to 1ml this past Sunday. I really don't see any relief. It's a slow, steady burn. I was hoping to see some relief by cutting back. Just not sure. Sigh....

:surrender: Well guys, what I can tell you is, the MK has had drooping leafs on the lower portion of the plant for months now. I just figured it was a light problem, although the other 2 girls have shown no sign of problems. A couple weeks ago the PH dropped down to 5.0 while I had my back turned. I then noticed the MK leafs getting worse. Also the tips on all the leafs on all the girls got the slightest hint of burn. Just a smigion of brown on the tips. Did a nute change and cut way back on Cal Mag and so far it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Mono, the PH is constantly dropping. I start at 6.1 - 6.2 at nute change because in two or three days it's drifted down to the low low 5s. The DWC girls are just the opposite. Every 2 days, I'm lowering the PH for them. It's odd. I'm game for some good hints here, but I no longer think it's burn. There's just not enough Cal Mag in there to do this. :surrender: :surrender:

Side note: I lollipoped the shit out of the DWC girls. Chopped a bunch of fans off too. My thinking is twofold. One; slow-stop streach. (Think it's working) And two; thin tops to just a choice few to try for some nice colas, not quantity, but quality. Unlike the RW girls, the MK is the 'big girl' in the room. In the RW, the PC is a good foot taller than the Mk, but in the DWC room the MK is going to town. I took a few pics of that, but haven't uploaded them yet. Not a whole lot to see anyways.

So guys, I turn to you for help here. Hey, I need to add that on the MK, only the fan leafs are turning. And I would put it at about 15% of the leafs are affected. No smaller leafs in the buds have been affected, as far as I can tell. The drooping on the underside of the plant continues.

Thanks for trying! Andy.

In hydro

Ph raises = not feeding enough

Ph lower = feeding too much

You got to raise your ppm, I'm topping up everyday with full strength nutes and I'm still not feeling them enough, every crop is different you just need to find a sweet spot for continuous uptake, meaning minimum ph changes, up your ppm slowly till ph stabilises.

On my last run, I also top day daily at full strength but no need to adjust ph and ppm stays around the same with water level drop.

Well Damn, Monstercropper. That may well explain a whole bunch of things!!
I'm having a hell of a time with the RW grow. Leaf burn. If what you're saying is rite, I definitely am over feeding them. The Ph drops like crazy daily. The ppms are/were running around 1200. ( -400 ppm out of the faucet ) Roughly 800 ppm. ( did I explain that well enough? )
I did a nute change earlier this evening and am now sitting at 6.1 and about 500 - 520 acual ppms. Now I'll watch and see what the Ph does this time. Cutting way back like that, I would think I should see the Ph either raise or stay close to where it's at. Good. We'll see.

As for the DWC girls, the ph keeps raising like crazy. I just changed the nutes in the buckets an hour before your post. Damn. lol. I'll add some more Bloom to the rez tomorrow night after the water drops a little. I think I may have gone too far the other way with feeding with the DWC girls. Did the over feeding thing in the RW months ago when I first started this indoor stuff. With the nute change I just did, I have the Ph at 5.4 (because in 2 days it'll be at 5.7 then 6.0 and so on) and the ppms at 760 @ week3 of flower. (RW girls are @ week 8 (I think) of flower) So I don't really know how much higher I can take the nutes. I mean, if that's too high for the RW grow, why isn't it too much for the DWC? I'm confusing myself.
Here's what I DO know,
1. I will need to re-read and re-think this tomorrow and B. if this works, IOU a twelve-pack, Monster!

So, once agian, :420: and all it's wonderful members, comes to my aid. You guys ROCK.

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks guys, Andy.:yahoo::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

It is normal for dwc to uptake faster and at higher dose, since nutes are ready for them as soon as it hits the roots, no waiting on chemical reactions and break down, if environment are set right you can be surprised how much faster and bigger they can be at the same age. Every grow and every plants are different, you need to learn each of them, you'll get quicker as to how your girl like their home and food as you go along and you be able to see all that very quickly as you build your experience.

Im new to this site and im most familiar with soil grows but hopefully I can help some. From what ive read your water is coming out of faucet at 400ppm. You have very hard water. Well water im guessing? There are many minerals in water but the 2 most abundant are calcium and magnesium. Water hardness is measured by how much calcium and magnesium is in it. That could possibly be the issue. Generally calcium content of more than 200ppm and 75ppm for magnesium are on verge of being excessive. Excess calcium can bond with phosporous to make calcium phosphate which is not very soluble and not readily available to the crop. A couple of thing you can do is get your water tested to see what the calcium and magnesium content are. If you live in a city these can change if your city draws its water from different sources. The best option in my opinion is a RO System where you would be able to have complete control of your ppm and start with "pure water" with ppm less the 20. At my house the water comes out of tap with 200ppm which is considered high and enough chlorine to make your eyes water. This was a problem for me in controlling my mineral build up in the soil. My RO System the water comes out at around 5ppm so I start from scratch and add everything to the water that is needed and there is no guess work as to how much calcium or other minerals that come out of tap. They sell products for hard water hydro systems like FloraMicro Hardwater. Ive never used there product so I cant speak for how well it works. Like the saying goes quality water is an advantage, poor water is a challenge. Also one more thing you said the pH moves alot. It is common for pH to drift up for a while, then down, and up again. This change is a indication that your plants are obsorbing nutrients properly. Adjust pH only if it wanders to far.
Hopefully this helps:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom