Omega Garden's Volksgarden Rotary Garden

Short Round, could I ask you a few more questions? How many plants do you put into the VB? Have you tried different numbers and do you know what kind of yield one could expect with 48 plants after they've got a few rounds behind them? And would you mind sharing what kind of yields you're getting with the VG?

Also, since you're in the bay area and doing exactly what I'm trying to do, is there any way I could [edit] pick your brain??? You have no idea how much I would appreciate that!

Sorry but I am very reclusive and I am not in the bay area. And I never post my pics, Max is more courageous than me.

I put around 65 - 70 plants in the VG at once.

Sorry but I am very reclusive and I am not in the bay area. And I never post my pics, Max is more courageous than me.

Understandable, I would probably be the same way.

But have you ever tried a smaller number of plants? What kind of result would you guess you would get with 48? Are you running just one VG?

Understandable, I would probably be the same way.

But have you ever tried a smaller number of plants? What kind of result would you guess you would get with 48? Are you running just one VG?

Smaller numbers may require longer veg time, though until you try the plant in question its all just speculation. What you do with one plant for numbers is likely going to be different for the next plant that is grown this way, course there will be some plants that will be closer to others, until you grow them in this type of system there is not telling. And until you grow in one it's hard to realize what happens to the plants.

Cheers,
Maxx

I guess all I can do is learn as much as I can from what you guys are doing and the mistakes you've made, then make the best educated selection of strain I can based on that, and then let her rip and make the right adjustments with every round until I maximize it.

But I still have tons of questions and I want to make the best of my first crop. One of you VB users really wouldn't be willing to have a [PM exchange with me]

Here are some new pics from week 5. Height has continued to be an
issue so I have had to go SCROG. Screen of green. I attatched the
screen to the wheel with a couple of thick wires and it is totally
secured and has no problem rotating around the light. The screen
will keep all of the plants from touching the light and burning
themselves. Keep in mind that none of this would be needed if I
was growing a pure Indica like I intended. Once again, thank you
shitty breeder.

I still think I should get a big yield on this one. The screen is
going to help.

This goes to show how diverse the system can be. You can tie
plants down and you can even insert a screen.

Cheers,
Maxx

sm_omega_garden_volksgarden_week5_4.jpg

sm_omega_garden_volksgarden_week5_5.jpg

sm_omega_garden_volksgarden_week5_3.jpg

sm_omega_garden_volksgarden_week5_2.jpg

sm_omega_garden_volksgarden_week5_1.jpg

WOW Maxximus, that thing looks stuffed to the gills! Much more then your last batch, I bet you'll get more weight for sure, only a few weeks left to find out.

I only have a couple more messages before I can PM I think. You and Short Round have been very helpful and I'm very grateful, I do have a few more questions however, and I was wondering if I compiled a (not too long) list, if you guys would be willing to answer them in PM? Actually I was thinking it would be great to find as many VG/rotary growers as we can and have all of you answer the same questions, that way all of you can compare notes. How do you guys feel about this plan?

I only have a couple more messages before I can PM I think. You and Short Round have been very helpful and I'm very grateful, I do have a few more questions however, and I was wondering if I compiled a (not too long) list, if you guys would be willing to answer them in PM?

Why not just ask them in the public forums so others can benefit too?

Cheers MAXX!!! Nice journal. I enjoy the pic's alot. nice screen setup. pimp it out!

I'm a week into my first turn at the wheel.42 strawberry cough, 32 Holy Shit, and 6 lowryder #2's. I'm leaving the lowryder males in and gonna give a go at a good SC x LR#2 and HS x LR#2 autoflower backcrosses. I have more LR#2 seeds to back cross a couple times to try to stabilize them. it'll be interesting to see how the LR#2 acts in the wheel. Big possibilities i think. . . .

Good Luck!
:nicethread:

That a site sponsor?

so maxx, have you noticed a big difference adding the extra 400 watts? how did you get an extra holder thing for the bulb? how much was it? I was thinking of putting another 600 for giggles.

WheeloFortune, can you get a grow journal going with pics? It would be great if we had several VG and rotary growers to follow and learn from. Thanks!

I have a question about cloning... I'm going to get the EZCloner or some kind of cloning system, how long after I make a clipping and put it into the cloning machine will it be ready to put into the VG? How long should I keep the clippings in the EZCloner before I transplant them into rockwool and then how long should they veg in rockwool before going into the VG.

I'm just a little confused about this part of the process and need to get it ironed out.

Good news everyone!!! I'm one step closer to moving to NorCal to chase my dream. Going to the bay area next weekend for Oaksterdam and to look for a good place to live and grow. Does anyone know the north bay area? I was thinking about living in Santa Rosa. Does anyone have any opinions on a great place to live and grow in NorCal? I do NOT want to go to mendo, humboldt or trinity county!

Back
Top Bottom